needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior

What do steroids do or change in your facial structure ?

Title says it all

Spyder is offline Member
    Make you look older. Atleast that's what they've done to everyone i know that uses them. By increasing facial muscle, beard, hair loss etc.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    they do nothing for changing facial structure... they can add bloat or lean you out, but no permanent change is ever made... hgh is another story if you are classifying them in "steroids "

Spyder is offline Member
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do steroids do or change in your facial structure ?-brianthomspon.jpg  

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Take a look at the change of Chris Cook in Flex last month, huge changes in the past 5 years in terms of his jaw line

heckler45_2000 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    Take a look at the change of Chris Cook in Flex last month, huge changes in the past 5 years in terms of his jaw line
    Id say heavy dosages of HGH also play a key role in that one.

Agreed!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    HGH could do that but only at higher dosages. I don't think a couple IU's per day is going to turn anyone into a cave man.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I just don't think the ladies will go for that Caveman look!

KrazeKat is offline New Member
    This is very interesting do they truly cause any permanent facial change in a man?

i definitely look older since i began cycling a little over a year ago.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeKat
    This is very interesting do they truly cause any permanent facial change in a man?
    HGH can, steroids do not.

j martini is offline Member
    They do make you look older IMO. Make the skin look more leathery. See any young bodybuilders under 25 who have being juicing for a while and you will see what i mean.

KrazeKat is offline New Member
    But is that leathery look permanent. Dorian Yates looked disgusting when he competed but looks pretty normal facially now - skin basically. I know they dehydrate but I reckon its the androgens. The skin seems to slowly revert back to becoming softer but I think there may well be some permanent damage too. Any other opinons?

j martini is offline Member
    Well men have more leathery skin than women increase the androgens and the problems gets worse. But i wuld imagine than once they are withdrawn your skin would return too normal.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    GH will make your jawbone grow. That is the most noticeable effect. A lot of the skin abnormalities are simply the result of being way down in the single digit bodyfat range. Oily skin can result from heavy androgen use but this is not permanent. Going off for a few months and carrying only a nice light tan, taking B5 and keeping scrupulously clean, will correct most skin probs.

anyone got any pics of people with abnormal facial structures through growth or AAS ?

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by fighteveryone
    i definitely look older since i began cycling a little over a year ago.
    Bro thats because your a year older now.
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 07-31-2005 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Bro thats because your a year older now.
    LMAO - Good call ! ! ! !

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    the only thing i thick it does is make your face bloated.

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    THis might be stupid, but dont steroids increase your HGH?

chris2wire is offline Member
    THey definately change your face, but only because of fat storage from bulking and possibly facial muscles.

Ive been told Im much better looking now than a year ago, not sure if thats a compliment or an insult, but the point is the facial structure is much stronger looking. Though not older looking, a strong facial structure can be interpreted as that.

I think they may slightly change your facial structure while being "on" but not permanently unless your hitting some mad GH. I myself am only 24, and I've been told by a few people that my face looks like a roiders. I think it's due to a lower bodyfat but still heavy water retention because of the drugs. It's hard to explain, but my cheek bones look kind of exaggerated. I think alot of it is due to low bodyfat levels though, as most all of the guys on stage have this look. It can happen after you've dropped 20 lbs I guess

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I think that is why u see a lot of bodybuilders with gaps in their front teeth, HGH can do that to you I believe. if u are considering it a steroid .

sceptic13 is offline New Member
    This is interesting because I had this conversation with my wife. She reckoned they do change the face structurally and used the example of women who juice as an example. When women take them, their faces become maculinised (stronger jaw line, bigger nose). It follows that they will do this in men, though to a less noticable extent.

Spyder is offline Member
    I guess 50 Cent to GH then, see the big gap in his teeth, and he's pretty built. I bet ya that's how he thought of the name too, after all those years of GH he can now slide a 50cent coin swiftly between his front teeth, and then said to himself "Damn foo, ima gona call myself 50 cent".

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Hypertrophy of the jaw muscle .

LimitsAreNothing is offline Associate Member

face

lol, funny thread. Yea, I think Gh is the only thing that will change your face permanatly, If it is taken in large doses

A number of sprint athletes have had to use teeth braces in their 20's, possibly because of the effects of hGH.

Hell Awaits is offline New Member
    i think it can make you look older

Governor is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickm748
    THis might be stupid, but dont steroids increase your HGH?

IGF-1, yes.

not 100% sure on gh right now so i wont comment.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude is referring to acromegaly from GH/IGF1. Roids don't cause your bones to grow.

GH is part of a cascade of hormones that, as the name implies, regulates the physical growth of the body. This cascade begins in a part of the brain called the hypothalamus, which makes hormones that regulate the pituitary. One of these, growth hormone -releasing hormone (GHRH), stimulates the pituitary gland to produce GH. Another hypothalamic hormone, somatostatin, inhibits GH production and release. Secretion of GH by the pituitary into the bloodstream causes the production of another hormone, called insulin -like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), in the liver. IGF-1 is the factor that actually causes the growth of bones and other tissues of the body. IGF-1, in turn, signals the pituitary to reduce GH production. GHRH, somatostatin, GH, and IGF-1 levels in the body are tightly regulated by each other and by sleep, exercise, stress, food intake and blood sugar levels. If the pituitary continues to make GH independent of the normal regulatory mechanisms, the level of IGF-1 continues to rise, leading to bone growth and organ enlargement. The excess GH also causes changes in sugar and lipid metabolism and can cause diabetes.

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    I guess 50 Cent to GH then, see the big gap in his teeth, and he's pretty built. I bet ya that's how he thought of the name too, after all those years of GH he can now slide a 50cent coin swiftly between his front teeth, and then said to himself "Damn foo, ima gona call myself 50 cent".
    Good stuff, with all that money you would think he would get that fixed...

The guys above pretty much have it covered, GH changes are permanent, steroid ones are not. I do notice though that when im "on" my facial features appear more pronounced. Whether it is due to water retention or not is unknown.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Bloat will increase the water volume in facial muscles, and subcutaneous water. Men develop squarer jaws than women, but female steroid users develop masculine faces...therefore, androgens change bone structure, possibly indirectly through other pathways (HGH, etc). They also increase the size of your pores, so your skin is poorer quality.

Thread Information