Thread: Bulging disc

stackedbro is offline Associate Member

Bulging disc

Why guys I am 23 almost 24. I have already done one short cycle of just test E. I was going to do another just test E cycle couple months back but found out I have a bulging disc. I've been doing physical therapy and rehabing it for about 2.5 months now. It's gotten a little better. I just do leg extension, leg curls, calf raises, and light leg press. Is it fine to go ahead and start this cycle? I'm looking to mainly get my upper body bigger. I genetically have thick legs. I am 5'8 186 8% bodyfat if that matters.

3day is offline Member
    I'm guessing its your lower back L5 S1 or 2 maybe? I say you should wait until you are back to 100%. Took me close to 6 months. The worst thing you could do is rupture it. I would think test would increase your chances of that just from picking up heavier weight. JMO

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    You need to make sure that your disc gets the opportunity to heal. Anything that compresses your spine is going to possibly aggravate or cause further injury. i suggest giving it more time to heal

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    3day and jim are 100% correct do what ever it takes and as long as it takes to heal that disc before it ruptures (speaking from experience). The weights will be still be there after you heal. Good luck and hope it turns out OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 3day
    I'm guessing its your lower back L5 S1 or 2 maybe? I say you should wait until you are back to 100%. Took me close to 6 months. The worst thing you could do is rupture it. I would think test would increase your chances of that just from picking up heavier weight. JMO
    It is L4/L5 it is actually an annular tear so it is pushing on the nerve because of that. Because I've still been lifting, just not upright. I was thinking with the test it wouldn't make that much of a difference, except I may be holding 10-15 extra pounds which will compress the disc a little more. But I feel as if my disc has pleataued in healing. Which is why I wanna go ahead with my cycle

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027
    You need to make sure that your disc gets the opportunity to heal. Anything that compresses your spine is going to possibly aggravate or cause further injury. i suggest giving it more time to heal
    I know it's hard to just put a specific amount of time. But if I feel as if I have plateaud in recovery. Should I go ahead and start?

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101
    3day and jim are 100% correct do what ever it takes and as long as it takes to heal that disc before it ruptures (speaking from experience). The weights will be still be there after you heal. Good luck and hope it turns out OK.
    How did you recover your disc?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    It's a risk for sure

I really never recovered from them I have one bulging disk and 2 ruptured disk on the left lower side of my back.I have had 5 epidural shots to help with the pain. The only option I have to repair it is surgery which I am avoiding at all cost. 1 chiropractor and 2 back surgeons have told me to keep working out and do what ever I can as long as It does not hurt.I have ran cycles and I lift heavy but certain exercises I avoid because it does bother my back.The epidurals only cover up the pain the do not heal it I do have some nerve damage that causes the back of my left leg to be numb and that I will be there forever they tell me. This is why you should do whatever it takes to get it healed.

I really never recovered from them I have one bulging disk and 2 ruptured disk on the left lower side of my back.I have had 5 epidural shots to help with the pain. The only option I have to repair it is surgery which I am avoiding at all cost. 1 chiropractor and 2 back surgeons have told me to keep working out and do what ever I can as long as It does not hurt.I have ran cycles and I lift heavy but certain exercises I avoid because it does bother my back.The epidurals only cover up the pain the do not heal it I do have some nerve damage that causes the back of my left leg to be numb and that I will be there forever they tell me. This is why you should do whatever it takes to get it healed.
    Damn that's a lot of wear and tear. But did cycling on it make it worse?

Quote Originally Posted by stackedbro View Post
    I hate to say this but in my case it started feeling better after I started using gear I do not know why but I am not going to complain.The only thing I can figure is the added muscle helped with it.
    Please do not start cycling just because I said that .

I hate to say this but in my case it started feeling better after I started using gear I do not know why but I am not going to complain.The only thing I can figure is the added muscle helped with it. Please do not start cycling just because I said that .
    You know that makes sense completely. Because right now I'm doing minimal lower back and abs, cause it aggravates it sometimes. But the minimal stress on those muscles on cycle will make them more anabolic . If I do the same exercises that don't hurt my back off cycle. I don't see what the problem is with doing them on cycle? My disc problem never made me take days off the gym. Just limits me to exercises

Most ab exercises aggravated mine also and squatting is a killer for me but the longer I go the more I can do.
    I have even started doing some light dead lifting that actually does not bother me at all.

Thread Information