WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member

In the US what do you do with used pins?

Just wondering, cos in the UK needles and syringes are free from the health service. Same service takes your sharps box and disposes of it.

It appears you have to purchase all your pins so was just curious as to how you get rid of the old....

Blackfoot PT is offline Junior Member
    I buy my own sharps box.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    There are free places here, but I've never used gone to them, not sure where they are in my area...anyway lol when I cycled I just put mine in a glass bottle and when it was full i wrapped it in tape and threw it away. Not sure what everyone else does

Yeah, I guess it's pretty safe like that.

Wrestlingkompressor is offline Associate Member
    I put them in an empty protein jug. I'm too cheap to pick up a hazardous waste box.....

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshWarrior
    Just wondering, cos in the UK needles and syringes are free from the health service. Same service takes your sharps box and disposes of it.

It appears you have to purchase all your pins so was just curious as to how you get rid of the old....

Im from the UK i buy my own needles from someone who works in a hospital. Do you get yours in one of those needle exchange centers, dont they only give out like 10pins at a time.

I just throw my old pins in the trash LOL.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I put them in a sharps box and take them to the hospital.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    PROTEIN JUG here too.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlingkompressor
    I put them in an empty protein jug. I'm too cheap to pick up a hazardous waste box.....
    Yep, me 2

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    Im from the UK i buy my own needles from someone who works in a hospital. Do you get yours in one of those needle exchange centers, dont they only give out like 10pins at a time.

I just throw my old pins in the trash LOL.

nah i get 100 green pin's and 100 blue pin's 100 syringe's and 200 swab's and a sharp's box

for nothing

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    We buy online or at a pharmacy. A sharps container only costs $2.50 at Walgreen's so I dispose of my pins in an official sharps container with the cool biohazard warning sticker on it. Looks really kewl sitting on my desk. Lots fo guys just toss them in an old protein cannister or creatine cannister, some fill itup with polyurethane foam, the kind you get in a can and spray in place where it foams up and solidifies. I like to do it right. When my ex worked in a hospital (she is a stripper now) I gave her my filled sharps containers and she tossed them at work. Your doc will also probably dispose of them. I understand that in some places the local fire department or public hospitals will take them off your hands. I won't just toss mine... if I did that, I may as well not bother with the sharps cannister. BTW now I only dispose of the pin itself in the sharps container, and not the whole rig. It is perfectly acceptable, IMHO, to toss the syringe and packaging in the trash.
    --
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeat offenders will be reported.
    -The Baron-

Yeah, I'd feel a bit scummy just whapping used needles into the bin, too.

Protein jug here too and I bring the jugs at the city's annual HazMat collections day (where you can bring your old paint cans, car batteries, chemicals, used oil... anything hazmat not allowed in the garbage).

Throwing used pins (or any hazmat) in the regular garbage will get you a $400 fine if you get caught here.

Red

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    nah i get 100 green pin's and 100 blue pin's 100 syringe's and 200 swab's and a sharp's box

for nothing

yeah mate ditto to this,get a box of greens box of blues pack of swabs n enuff plastics for watever i need!dont know where you are goin j martini??

**** it, I just throw em in a regular trash bag with my other garbage. Sometimes when I take out my trash the needles poke through the bag like some type of ****ing compost yard clean up. Some garbage man along the way had to have been stuck with one of my pokes. But I take my garbage to a dumpster. Or if I'm on the road traveling I'll throw em out the car window.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    i throw them in the regular trash too.. don't see why not.. pin goes in trash, trash goes to dumpster, garbage truck empties dumpster.. i don't see how any one would ever be in contact with them, plus i always put the cap on the pins..

Thread Information