orosco is offline Associate Member

To Taper or not too....opinions

Does tapering off a cycle help at all for PCT. Some bros say it helps so you dont crash as hard and others say it doesnt really matter..Let me know what you think...

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    from what i gather on this site, you dont need to taper, just do proper Post Cycle Therapy

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Tapering will screw with your blood levels, yielding more sides. Wait until the half life of the gear is over then begin pct. Nolva throughout.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    yes, from what I have gathered as well, something like test e will taper by itself. It takes like two weeks for it to get out of yer system. So basically it is tapering itself, slowly deminishing over two weeks. Anyone correct me if im wrong.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Takes more than two weeks for test E. The higher the dose, the more buildup and the longer to clear it. I think it is better to go more quickly from an anabolic state to a fully depleted state before pct. The lower your hormone levels, the more effective pct will be. Waiting what should be, by that reasoning, the proper length of time, though, with test E or C or similar, would have you in a semi-depleted condition where you are not yet ready for pct but no longer in a very anabolic condition. This condition can be accompanied by depression, etc, so it is desirable to make this period as short as possible. So, the lesser of two evils... pct is begun just two or at most three weeks after last shot rather than the 4 or 5 that would be more desirable for getting the HPTA back on track. The way around this catch 22 is to stop the long estered test near the end of the cycle and "clean up" with prop or even, if one has been running fairly low dose, with gel or cream. While the long ester is clearing the body, the short acting test prop or TNE is maintaining a reasonable degree of anabolism. Then at the end, one can begin pct 5 to 7 days after last shot of prop, or a couple of days after the last application of gel. The depletion period will have been quite harsh and pronounced but mercifully short. PCT will be quick and effective. The reason front-loading clomid has fallen out of favor is that even though it makes perfect sense on paper, it doesn't seem to help much in practice. This is because typically up until halfway through pct, one's hormone levels have still not fallen much below baseline. Sub-baseline hormone levels will normally be required to bring the HPTA back online. This, as I said, often occurs like halfway through the pct regimen. With thorough depletion before pct, front-loading of clomid probably will make a difference, and the only reason not to front load is if side effects are not well tolerated.

I will add this bit of my warped wisdom... this is all hair splitting, and doing it my way might only have minimal benefits for some individuals and might or might not be worth the bother. Eventually, you will still recover, no matter what. It is just a matter of degree and time. You can pay attention to all the little anal details and be certain you have done all you can do, or you can just let nature take its course or go with the old-school tried and (mostly) true methods. Its all good.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    I think when yo utaper yo are screwing with the ster of the test. you rely on this to start coming down at a certain time so you can plan your PCT. I would not taper. I would stop. Example: If I was on test E, I know about 14 days after my olast shot, my level is falling off. Why taper the dose? I wouldn't mess with it.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    I stopped tappering years ago. I find without tappering, the gains are better. As you tapper off, you shoot less gear, meaning your gains won't be as good. You do the math.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orosco
    Does tapering off a cycle help at all for PCT. Some bros say it helps so you dont crash as hard and others say it doesnt really matter..Let me know what you think...
    Tapering can help lower your estrogen levels while keeping a protective element of having "some" testosterone in your system. This using the idea that testosterone itself is an anti-estrogen but with limits.

Tapering is best left only to test e/cyp by making your last injection something like 150 mg. The ideal way to taper is when exiting a Deca or EQ with test e/cyp cycle. Deca and EQ require just about 4 weeks to wear off, test e/cyp wear off in 2 weeks. The idea is you COULD exit everything and suffer low testosterone for a few weeks while waiting the 4 weeks for deca/EQ to wear off, or you could continue test e/cyp for 2 weeks after the last deca/EQ injection so that you line up the wear off dates of both the deca/EQ and testosterone e/cyp. It seems a good place to use tapering is in those 2 week testosterone carry over weeks, run a reduced level of testosterone like 150 to 200 mg, this will drop off the estrogen levels while you are wearing off the deca/EQ, the testosterone is only carried over for YOUR COMFORT, otherwise out of that 4 weeks of no clomid, no PCT and no injections, weeks #3 and #4 after deca/eq can be miserable with zero testosterone levels and starting clomid 2 or 3 weeks after last deca/EQ injection is complete and total waste of clomid. Clomid cannot do its magic until ALL Deca, EQ, and even Tren is completely worn out of your system.

orosco is offline Associate Member
    What about with orals. Like say anavar or dbol etc.. Im on avar right now and was thinking of bringing the dose down. Im at 50mg and wanted to taper it down. Wasnt sure if it was a waste of time or not.. Plus im breaking out on this stuff..Me and avar dont get along to good as far as sides are concerned.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    NO! It does no good.

Thread Information