Thread: Prednisone

TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member

Prednisone

First off I just want to let you all know that I searched, but none of the threads on prednisone contained the information I needed. Now for the question, I have been running pct for 2 weeks now and am about back to normal (morning wood, acne going away, ect.) but today I had a visit to the doctors office and was prescribed prednisone, me being an idiot and not thinking took the prednisone as the doctor asked. So basically I ingested either 5 or 10mg (not sure how many mg each pill was) and I was wondering if this would affect my pct at all? Any help would be appreciated.

Can anyone help me with this? I know it sounds stupid but I am somewhat worried.

puremusc00 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing
    Can anyone help me with this? I know it sounds stupid but I am somewhat worried.

What are you taking for PCT? Normal daily dose of Prednisone is 30mg or less to avoid many side effects. Prednisone does not have any interactions with SERM's.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    I was once prescribed Prednisone for a respiratory condition. That sh*t made me sooooo hungry. I was eating everything I could get my hands on and then going back for seconds. I believe this would be a good thing during PCT. I don't think corticosteroids are suppressive however someone should know the definitive answer for you.

bump for more input.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    In a nutshell, prednisone is highly (depending upon the dosage) CATABOLIC.
    Since you have already started your prednisone course, my recommendation is to finish it, but by all means, be sure you do your PCT.

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph
    In a nutshell, prednisone is highly (depending upon the dosage) CATABOLIC.
    Since you have already started your prednisone course, my recommendation is to finish it, but by all means, be sure you do your PCT.
    Prednisone is like kryptonite to a body builder. I used to have to take 40mg daily and believe me, you don't want to touch that sh*t if you can avoid it.

How will it mess with PCT? As Flexin said, its HIGHLY catabolic. It makes you burn muscle and store fat and water. Know how cortisol affects your system and gains? Prednisone is the mother of all cortico-steroids .

Watch that diet, bust your tail in the gym and get it out of you as quick as possible. Don't be suprised to lose most of your gains; been there, done that, and it can be unavoidable (it depends on the individual).

That being said, it also depends on what it was prescribed for. Some things are more important than muscle gain (I know, I'm already biting my tongue).

-LH

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    Prednisone is like kryptonite to a body builder. I used to have to take 40mg daily and believe me, you don't want to touch that sh*t if you can avoid it.

How will it mess with PCT? As Flexin said, its HIGHLY catabolic. It makes you burn muscle and store fat and water. Know how cortisol affects your system and gains? Prednisone is the mother of all cortico-steroids .

Watch that diet, bust your tail in the gym and get it out of you as quick as possible. Don't be suprised to lose most of your gains; been there, done that, and it can be unavoidable (it depends on the individual).

That being said, it also depends on what it was prescribed for. Some things are more important than muscle gain (I know, I'm already biting my tongue).

-LH
    Well said!

Thanks alot for the replys fellas, I stopped taking the prednisone as I didn't feel that it was worthwhile to take. With all of the problems I would run into, it wasn't worth it.

Schwarz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing
    First off I just want to let you all know that I searched, but none of the threads on prednisone contained the information I needed. Now for the question, I have been running pct for 2 weeks now and am about back to normal (morning wood, acne going away, ect.) but today I had a visit to the doctors office and was prescribed prednisone, me being an idiot and not thinking took the prednisone as the doctor asked. So basically I ingested either 5 or 10mg (not sure how many mg each pill was) and I was wondering if this would affect my pct at all? Any help would be appreciated.
    Prednisolone will encourage the production of cortisol (a muscle wasting hormone). THis could be bad for yu during PCT but it doesn't sound as though you've taken enough to really affect you. You didn't take it for too many days did you?

Bearing this in mind doctors only give out Pred for serious conditions (chron's, colitis etc and other inflamatorry conditions) make sure you're not going to harm urself by not taking it.

Also if you've been taking it for some time don't stop abruptly. You need to taper of when you're using Pred otherwise one of your glands (pituitary I think!) shuts down.....

Good luck bro
    S

grvdigr1 is offline Junior Member
    my doctor has always perscrided prednisone for poison ivy, will test c or deca kill the poison ivy?

another thing since he already got his answer will prednisone give a positive result for a steroid drug test?

darmadoc is offline Member
    1. Prednisone will DECREASE your endogenous production of cortisol, not increase it. That is because it is itself a cortisol like steroid and shuts down the feedback loop.
    2. Prednisone should have no effect on your recovery of testosterone production. It is not part of that feedback loop.
    3. While catabolic, in a sense, a short course of steroids should not be too damaging (3-5 days or so)
    4. test or deca will have no effect on poison ivy, they are not immunosuppressive as opposed to prednisone.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    1. Prednisone will DECREASE your endogenous production of cortisol, not increase it. That is because it is itself a cortisol like steroid and shuts down the feedback loop.
    2. Prednisone should have no effect on your recovery of testosterone production. It is not part of that feedback loop.
    3. While catabolic, in a sense, a short course of steroids should not be too damaging (3-5 days or so)
    4. test or deca will have no effect on poison ivy, they are not immunosuppressive as opposed to prednisone.
    Very good post.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    You didn't take it for too many days did you?
    I took two pills total, so like 5 or 10 mg. So I don't think that that was enough to shut down my pituitary.

Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    another thing since he already got his answer will prednisone give a positive result for a steroid drug test?
    Nope. Not for anabolics.

musclehead1 is offline Member
    i have to take this shitty drug i took it for YEARS...how many days do u have to take it? and if u dont mind for what (sorry if its posted in ur orginal)

Jerzey is offline Member
    I have to take that sometimes.. I hate it... I get bloated and feel like crap but it's all that works to stop the swelling when I get a bad sinus infection.. I'm on meds now and if this doesn't get under control soon I have to take it again.. at least it's only 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    i have to take this shitty drug i took it for YEARS...how many days do u have to take it? and if u dont mind for what (sorry if its posted in ur orginal)
    I was suppost to take it for two weeks, but I stopped after two pills.

Thread Information