Justarting is offline Associate Member

Do you guys get UGLY gains the first four weeks of bulking cycles!?

Hey guys, basically im just looking for some reassurance here... every cycle I do I make sure not to eat a ton of bulking calories until the long esters have fully kicked in... ie. 4 weeks for this cycle of a LOT of test enth(1.5grams) and moderate Tren Enanthate (500mg).

This cycle, I have only been eating maybe 2700 calories a day at a weight of 170 starting until the 4 weeks, but like I know every pound i'm gaining (and its been 18 (up to 188) in the first 3.5 weeks now has been ugly, "fatlooking" water! How do you guys deal with it! Knowing you're taking the gear and everything, but actually gradually looking more and more horrible as they are kicking in!! I'm even taking 1.25 mg of Femera ED, and still I am just rapidly gaining what I would call ugly weight. I'm terrified to start eating around even 3500 calories cause I think I look fat enough as it is! Do you guys think the water "gaining" phase will stop once the drugs are kicked in fully at 4 weeks? I can't take any more "fat/water" gains! thanks a bunch, I was really looking forward to this cycle to see what a high dose of test can do, but I look so damn fat right now, but I'm eating so clean I should look better that I just want to quit it!

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    It's just water bro.......hmm drink your ****ing ass off, 2 gallons a day if you can muster it. that will help, dont fvck with your diet or anything, eat like a horse and drink water

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Up your cardio and try a natural diuretic if it bothers you. You should be getting great strength gains? Oh, cut all sodium out of your diet. Only what naturally occurs in the whole foods you eat. Do you eat clean?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    It's just water bro.......hmm drink your ****ing ass off, 2 gallons a day if you can muster it. that will help, dont fvck with your diet or anything, eat like a horse and drink water
    Sean, everytime I see your avatar you look like a ex-roommate of mine (matt) with a pipe in your hand.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    haha crazy, post a pic up or somethin i wanna see

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Up your cardio and try a natural diuretic if it bothers you. You should be getting great strength gains? Oh, cut all sodium out of your diet. Only what naturally occurs in the whole foods you eat. Do you eat clean?
    I eat very clean actually, and not too mucn. I even have been seperating carbs/fat every meal and never consuming sugary carbs except for PWO. I would serioulsy be losing weight right now if I weren't on these drugs.
    Ironically, NO, i haven't been getting great strenght gains, I've been getting really good pumps and stuff, but not HUGE strenght gains to speak of just yet. They usually come when I start eating huge, but I'm just gonna wait it out another week because I know if I start eating huge RIGHT now, my minds gonna make me think all the weight i'm gaining on the scale is fat, cuz right now I look fat.

timtim is offline Member
    2g of aas at 170 pounds. that is a ton and the reason you look crappy is because it's too much gear.

have you ever run a cycle like this?

really sounds like your going to piss out alot of your gains, especially if your afraid to eat now before you really get a kick by the test.

1.5g of test is completely unnecessary at your size.

good luck with it.

Phyll is offline Associate Member
    I feel the same way bro, I started a test e/EQ cycle a few weeks ago and I started to eat more but toned it down a little bit because I was looking "fat." But I think it is mostly water, and you can always burn the fat off later...

I know it is hard, but maybe it is time to concentrate on bulking and not so much on how fat you look. I don't think I will look at my abs in the mirror until 1 month after my cycle!

timtim is offline Member
    fat gain from a bulk cycle like his, 2g gear, can result in estrogenic fat gain and that is extremely hard to get rid of. be careful if your going to throw calories in on your diet. i've been there and wish i hadn't.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    To specifically address the question in your post, in the subject line. Yes, the gains in the first 4 weeks of the cycle were exactly that: Ugly. all water. fat face and neck. The enanthate took about 5-6 weeks to really kick in for me then it wasn't so bad.

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    I'm sorry guys, I don't get all this "kick in" stuff. The ester begins to release in your body very quickly. I begin to feel suspention and acetate within one day and longer esters like enanthate within a week. Not trying to be a dick but what do you think happens to the drug for the first 5 weeks of your cycle. 2 grams a week for five weeks and not much gains? maybe you got bad gear.

mkv213 is offline Member
    I'm 1/2 way through my 3rd week of dbol ,test e and eq. I know totally what you mean. I feel like a fat ass water balloon. My guy and back are starting to look fat as hell. I'm hoping some of this water will vanish when I'm done the dbol at the end of next week. I don't think I'll take dbol again. I don't like looking like this and the strength gains aren't all that but the pumps are pretty nice.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same problem a year ago. I jump started with prop and was using test e. Well when the test e kicked in I hated the way I started looking and dropped the test e and stuck with the prop. And will only use prop now.

timtim is offline Member
    I'm sorry guys, I don't get all this "kick in" stuff. The ester begins to release in your body very quickly. I begin to feel suspention and acetate within one day and longer esters like enanthate within a week. Not trying to be a dick but what do you think happens to the drug for the first 5 weeks of your cycle. 2 grams a week for five weeks and not much gains? maybe you got bad gear.
    he gained 18 pounds in that time. pretty good gains. he's not happy with them because he doesn't like the way he looks now.

may0r420 is offline Junior Member
    i am only 1 week into my first cycle of 600mg a week and i gained 8lbs of weight/water already but i am 6% BF really just look bigger more veiny not that bad.. hopefully it slows though

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    why would he want to do 'cardio' on a bulking cycle? you want excess calories, not defecit, cardio is just going to burn extra calories, kinda defeats the purpose..

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    First two weeks watery, so I take L-dex

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    He said not much strength gains.

If you are really worried about the types of gains you're making, take a diuretic for 2 days and watch all of the water disspear. You'll be pissing all of the time but you'll see the puffiness go away real fast. Underminds your bulking cycle for about a week but it shows you what's going on. I'm going to do that next weekend before going out on the boat for Seafair up here in Seattle...Drink A LOT OF water if you take diuretics. They are hard on the kidneys....

Quote Originally Posted by djdjdjddjon
    why would he want to do 'cardio' on a bulking cycle? you want excess calories, not defecit, cardio is just going to burn extra calories, kinda defeats the purpose..
    You do cardio for metabolic reasons. From a normal metabolism guy I do cardio no matter what my program is. You can always add in more calories for anabolism, that's easy. You may do less when you're bulking but you should always do cardio for your heart and enhancing your base metabolic rate.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-01-2005 at 02:32 AM.

Thread Information