msu16366 is offline Member

Cardio while on steroids

I know this is the wrong place for this but I want some of you bro's who always help me out to catch this.
    I am up about 12 lbs from my sustanon and EQ cycle. I started at about 190lb ( However at this time I was up 10lb from creatine), and now I am about 203-205 depending on what time I weigh myself.
    I want to start doing some cardio to trim up my stomach, and since I will be adding winstrol soon, I want to get ready. I am at about 13% body fat but still look very lean.
    I just want my six pack back, I am going to really start doing more situps and some cardio.
    The problem is I do cement work and I do not have time to go to the gym twice a day (once for workout, once for cardio). I also just found out you should run at 70% MHR for 45-60 minutes. So before when I would do cardio for just 15 min as fast as I could I now realize I was not burning any fat at all.
    Can I do my cardio after my workout. Or should I rework my workout plan and do cardio Everyother day. THanks for the help.
    I am still very lean even though I am 205 and 5ft 11 ,just I have to flex to see my six pack, and I want it to be visable all the time.

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    I'm no expert - but I do cardio and train abs 3X a week on days when the lifting schedule is not as intense, usually every other day. About 40 min cardio at 70% max heart rate. Works good for me.

THanks for your input,
    I am going to start doing cardio for sure now after my workout,
    I wonder if I still have to run for 45 minutes though at 70% maximum heart rate since my haeart rate is up I am sure for working out an hour and a half. ANy more input?

cannibal is offline Junior Member
    You will burn the most and see the most benefit if you do your cardio first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach. Seperate from you normal workout. Thats what works and its been proven over and over again to be the best.

Ripdx is offline Associate Member
    sorry if i kind of steal your post but maybe it can help you... If I would workout out at 5oclock on a kind of full stomach and finish at 630, take a protein shake and wait about three hours, then do cardio at 70% then eat or take protein 45 min after cardio would you benifit as much as you would in the morning or is it a waste? Im on avavar also..

Ripdx is offline Associate Member
    Bump

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    I know this is the wrong place for this but I want some of you bro's who always help me out to catch this.
    I am up about 12 lbs from my sustanon and EQ cycle. I started at about 190lb ( However at this time I was up 10lb from creatine), and now I am about 203-205 depending on what time I weigh myself.
    I want to start doing some cardio to trim up my stomach, and since I will be adding winstrol soon, I want to get ready. I am at about 13% body fat but still look very lean.
    I just want my six pack back, I am going to really start doing more situps and some cardio.
    The problem is I do cement work and I do not have time to go to the gym twice a day (once for workout, once for cardio). I also just found out you should run at 70% MHR for 45-60 minutes. So before when I would do cardio for just 15 min as fast as I could I now realize I was not burning any fat at all.
    Can I do my cardio after my workout. Or should I rework my workout plan and do cardio Everyother day. THanks for the help.
    I am still very lean even though I am 205 and 5ft 11 ,just I have to flex to see my six pack, and I want it to be visable all the time.

This 70% MHR thing has been totally misunderstood. It is not true that you can only burn fat when your HR hits 70%....you are burning calories even when you are sitting still. The idea behind 70% MHR is that the person doing the cardio is able to endure this pace for a longer period of time than say a person going all out at 100%.

Doesn't make sense to say the guy going at 100% MHR is burning less than a person going at 70%....that is only usually true because that person cannot last as long. That being said, if you are able to maintain a 100% HR for the same length of time as when you do 70%...then you are burning more calories.

On the other hand, hitting less than 70% MHR and going for longer periods will also burn more calories. It is about calorie burning, which leads to fat burning. It all depends on your diet, how much carbs are in your system, how "stubborn" you fat is, and your genetics.

Remeber, your body burns calories even at rest...that is where your BMR comes from.

Thanks again,
    I had read that if you run at your maximum heart rate though instead of 70% your will burn muscle and not fat. any input on that theroy.

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    Thanks again,
    I had read that if you run at your maximum heart rate though instead of 70% your will burn muscle and not fat. any input on that theroy.
    This is actually a very difficult and complex question to answer. Contrary to popular opinion, there is no "optimal" fat burning zone. The fat loss from aerobic exercise is tied strictly to caloric expenditure, not the particular fuel (carb, fat, muscle) which is used during exercise. Everyone is different in this sense. Some may be able to get off doing cardio and are very efficient at burning fat rather than muscle, while others, can only seem to burn muscle tissue more than fat.

The only point I was trying to make is that going at 70% does not, in any way, gaurantee that you will be burning only fat....you can very well be burnign muscle tissue also. The only way you can tell is by noting how much weight you are losing every week. The general rule of thumb is anywhere between 1-2 lbs per week is good. If it is more, then you are most likely losing muscle tissue as well.

But don't freek out if one week you lose 5 lbs...it could very well be you are dispelling excess water.

See, I told you this was complicated!!

Just guage yourself and eat properly...and you shouldn't have a problem.

Thread Information