Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liftnainez is offline Banned

Exclamation Info On WESTERN UNION!!

Hey bros.. I got some quick questions about WU, if some of you dont mind answering. This will be my first time using this method so i dont want to go into something not knowing exactly what to expect or how it works..

1) DO you use a FAKE name or a real one? I hear many diff opinions on this and I would like to know. DO they check your ID for orders under $500 or do they check your id's at any time?
    2) Is it better to go to a publix/fairly large supermarket or is a little food plus quickie mart better? OR is there no difference?
    3) I read there is a line where you answer a test question to the person recieving the money does not have to show id, corect? How does this work- i think i know but ust wanna make sure

Any other info or things that i must keep in mind/say/do.. Thanks so much for the info bros.. much appreciation

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    1) use fake name...the less info you give the less info they have to track you down. they check ids if order is over $1000...i think.

2) i don't think it matters

3) correct. test question = no id. just fill in the test question where indicated and make sure to tell the teller that you filled it in (sometimes they don't notice)

Hey 8-man Thanks For The Input Bro.. Helps Out Alot
    Any Other Info- Let Me Know- Thanks

You can give them a fake street address too. You should give a legit city and state though

Oh, I will need to provide them with my addy information as well?

here is an example:

T. Juicer
    100 E. Roid Street
    Orange County, New York

Obviously the name and street address are fake (and don't use fake ones like that), but the city and state are real. I think the reciever has to know the city and state. (Not sure though)

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    this is a question I would like to know more about as well.

So does the sender need to know the address even if its fake and NOT the one it will actually be shipped to?

And whats this TEST QUESTION exactly?

the sender of what? the money or the product? Not sure I understand your question.

The test question is simply that...a test question. You use it so the receiver doesn't need to show his id. If he answers the question right...no id. It has to be pretty simple though. Four words max. WU uses this in case someone loses their wallet and needs some cash. They obviously can't produce an id if it was in the lost wallet.

Ex: City born in?
    Favorite color?
    ect.

Logan13 is offline Banned

wu

Not to rain on your day, but WU has recently changed their rules. I have had a recent situation where I and the receiver used a fake name, #, and addy, money could not be picked up by either of us since we had no ID. I will not use WU again, and if you do you might as well use your real name.

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Not to rain on your day, but WU has recently changed their rules. I have had a recent situation where I and the receiver used a fake name, #, and addy, money could not be picked up by either of us since we had no ID. I will not use WU again, and if you do you might as well use your real name.

This is true you have to show proof of some type of I.D.
    It's been like this for over a year that I know of.

bermbuster67 is offline New Member
    I use wu all the time I never give my real name. If I need to send more than a grand I just send 2 smaller amounts so I do not have to show ID. The city, state, zip must all be valid. Just tell the receiver what name you used and what address, and all should be fine. I never used the test ? I never even new there was such a thing. I never had money sent to me. So I do not know how that works. But as recantly as last month i did not have to show ID to send less than $1000.. Good luck.
    Last edited by bermbuster67; 08-01-2005 at 05:23 PM.

is this true? that you MUST show id??

insanepump621 is offline Member
    I use real name real address... real everything... if you use your fake address and you have the same mail man from day to day he might notice a different name and not send it or ask ?'s I use real everything and i order stuff all the time and never ne problems

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    ditto - i use real everything and have not had an issue. and i do 90% of my WU ordering online - i dont even go to the store. although i recommend going to the store as ive been asked questions/been 'shot down' a couple of x in regards to who i was sending it to.

growjuice is offline New Member
    IMO it is best to always give real name and address, if something should go wrong and the dea/feds knock on your door they not only have you for a controlled substance they also have you on mail fraud because you used a fake name. I read a story on some site where a guy that got busted actualy got in more trouble for mail fraud than for the gear. I would not use the WU online thing, that leaves a serious trail that is easily followed. Do not use a test question unless the place you are ordering from requests it.

Sounds like a bunch of feds on here telling people to use their real names and addys. The only thing that should be valid is the city, state, and zip. No id neccessary for the reciever if you use the test question. He might not care though and give you his real name. In my experience, you ain't goin to get caught if they don't know who to catch. Use fake names.

If you get in trouble for mail fraud it won't be because they traced you through WU. It will be because your gear was shipped so shitty that they found out what it was, then they ask you or your supplier how you paid for it, then get all the fake names and stuff you used.

This "new" rule is not in effect where I am at unless. You do not have to show an id if you use the test question. I don't think I can say it anymore simple than that.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    here is the problem with giving fake name.. if the receiver cant pick it up due to the dumb cashier not checking the no id box or not putting the test question you cannot do anything to change the info because youll need id. Im not sure how you get your money back if you cant prove you sent the money. so be prepared to possibly lose that $$$ if you give a fake name and phone.

I myself give fake info.. ill take a chance on losing the $$ rather than having feds at my door. most of my sources take cash in mail which is as anonymous as it gets. thats what i use and i cross my fingers when I mail it.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    This is true you have to show proof of some type of I.D.
    It's been like this for over a year that I know of.

does the amount effect wether or not u need to show ID?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    does the amount effect wether or not u need to show ID?
    Yes...over $1000=show id

Quote Originally Posted by 8-MAN
    Yes...over $1000=show id

some places also under 1000=show id.. its all store policy not just Wu policy..

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by growjuice
    IMO it is best to always give real name and address, if something should go wrong and the dea/feds knock on your door they not only have you for a controlled substance they also have you on mail fraud because you used a fake name. I read a story on some site where a guy that got busted actualy got in more trouble for mail fraud than for the gear. I would not use the WU online thing, that leaves a serious trail that is easily followed. Do not use a test question unless the place you are ordering from requests it.
    what??? mail fraud...lol w.u. is not the us post office. you can't get busted for mail fraud if you don't mail something

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by growjuice
    Yeah, but if there's a fake name on the package then you can at least deny the fact that you have anything to do with it. If you're name's practically written on schedule 3 drugs then you're definetely fukced! I would think you stand a better chance by providing as little info as possible, and hope that if it gets picked off that they'll just confiscate the package........and not want to use their time and money to trace a small order. I doubt they would even waste their time with a couple vials of juice.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    what??? mail fraud...lol w.u. is not the us post office. you can't get busted for mail fraud if you don't mail something

Do a little research.
    uscode.house.gov/usc.htm

I understand what you're saying Jsik, there is good and bad in both ways.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    1) use fake name...the less info you give the less info they have to track you down. they check ids if order is over $1000...i think.

2) i don't think it matters

3) correct. test question = no id. just fill in the test question where indicated and make sure to tell the teller that you filled it in (sometimes they don't notice)
    Dont use fake name! I did had problems they forgot to add test question and when I went to change it you have to use ID, almost lost 2G, use real info, you cant get in trouble for sending money, recieving the package is a diff. story!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsik98
    Yeah, but if there's a fake name on the package then you can at least deny the fact that you have anything to do with it. If you're name's practically written on schedule 3 drugs then you're definetely fukced! I would think you stand a better chance by providing as little info as possible, and hope that if it gets picked off that they'll just confiscate the package........and not want to use their time and money to trace a small order. I doubt they would even waste their time with a couple vials of juice.
    your source should ask you what nameyou want on the package, so use real name to send money, give fake name for package!

ninthprince22 is offline Associate Member
    i hope this isnt a dumb question, but one of my friends asked if its ok to use PayPal?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Dont use fake name! I did had problems they forgot to add test question and when I went to change it you have to use ID, almost lost 2G, use real info, you cant get in trouble for sending money, recieving the package is a diff. story!
    man, do what you want, but I will never give my real name. all you gotta do is make sure that they put in a test question. you should always tell the teller that you put one on just to make sure. also, if you shipped 2Gs then you are going to have to use an id. Might as well use real names then. it is better to split up orders in increments under $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    your source should ask you what nameyou want on the package, so use real name to send money, give fake name for package!
    that works for some, but sometimes if you use a fake name on the package the mail service won't deliver there. i have heard of a few instances where people lost their package because it was't sent to someone who was registered at that address. plus, you could have mail fraud issues.

that works for some, but sometimes if you use a fake name on the package the mail service won't deliver there. i have heard of a few instances where people lost their package because it was't sent to someone who was registered at that address. plus, you could have mail fraud issues.
    i wont believe for one sec you get mail fraud for using wrong name..wrong name its the best thing you can do that way if you accept the package take it int he house and write return to sender on it. if the feds bust in it doesnt have your name and you didnt open it cause it didnt have your name.i get deliveries for friends or family that is out of town who could ever say they wont deliver it. want a good idea. have it sent to the name ebay powersellers or ebay collectibles or ebay ***** anything. theyll deliver it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    i wont believe for one sec you get mail fraud for using wrong name..wrong name its the best thing you can do that way if you accept the package take it int he house and write return to sender on it. if the feds bust in it doesnt have your name and you didnt open it cause it didnt have your name.i get deliveries for friends or family that is out of town who could ever say they wont deliver it. want a good idea. have it sent to the name ebay powersellers or ebay collectibles or ebay ***** anything. theyll deliver it trust me.
    Don't get me wrong here bro, I agree with that. I have had mail sent to my real name at places where I wasn't registered with no problem. I am just saying it has happened before. Also, you could write "return to sender" on the package, but when you open it and the feds bust in what are you going to say. They use those devices that detect when you open it. Otherwise you could just deny you know anything about the package or its contents. Disagree?

Edit: and you can get mail fraud for using a fake name to conduct illegal activities through a government agency.

wire fraud

correct, it is called wire fraud, still a felony no matter how you state it.

Don't get me wrong here bro, I agree with that. I have had mail sent to my real name at places where I wasn't registered with no problem. I am just saying it has happened before. Also, you could write "return to sender" on the package, but when you open it and the feds bust in what are you going to say. They use those devices that detect when you open it. Otherwise you could just deny you know anything about the package or its contents. Disagree?

Edit: and you can get mail fraud for using a fake name to conduct illegal activities through a government agency.
    if your patient you can wait 2-3 days to open and i know they arent going to stand outside for that long or you could jump in your car as if you were going to bring it back to the post office. then take it somewhere and open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    correct, it is called wire fraud, still a felony no matter how you state it.
    umm wrong...wire fraud is lieing or comting fraud over the telephone. yes the exchange may go thru a phone line but did you phone it? no you just wrote something and gave it to someone (not a law offical)

since when is western union a government agency?

since when is western union a government agency?
    Since when were him and I talking about WU? We were talking about sending packages through the mail. Read up.

Since when were him and I talking about WU? We were talking about sending packages through the mail. Read up.
    alright sorry, i guess the title of the thread must have thrown me. thought we were discussing wu

alright sorry, i guess the title of the thread must have thrown me. thought we were discussing wu
    No biggie bro, I guess we got a little off topic.

Well

umm wrong...wire fraud is lieing or comting fraud over the telephone. yes the exchange may go thru a phone line but did you phone it? no you just wrote something and gave it to someone (not a law offical)
    Read up and learn. Please do not speak on that which you have no understanding;

The charge of wire fraud originated in the late 1800's in regards to information sent via telegraph.
    WIRE FRAUD - 18 USC 1343, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to use interstate wire communications facilities in carrying out a scheme to defraud.

A person can be found guilty of that offense only if all of the following facts are proved beyond a reasonable doubt:
    First: That the person knowingly and willfully devised a scheme to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false pretenses, impersonation, representations or promises; and
    Second: That the person knowingly transmitted or caused to be transmitted by wire in interstate commerce some sound for the purpose of executing the scheme to defraud.
    It is not necessary that the Government prove all of the details concerning the precise nature and purpose of the scheme; or that the material transmitted by wire was itself false or fraudulent; or that the alleged scheme actually succeeded in defrauding anyone; or that the use of interstate wire communications facilities was intended as the specific or exclusive means of accomplishing the alleged fraud.
    What must be proved is that the person knowingly and willfully devised or intended to devise a scheme to defraud; and that the use of the interstate wire communications facilities was closely related to the scheme because the person either wired something or caused it to be wired in interstate commerce in an attempt to execute or carry out the scheme.
    To "cause" interstate wire facilities to be used is to do an act with knowledge that the use of the wires will follow in the ordinary course of business or where such use can reasonably be foreseen.
    Each separate use of the interstate wire facilities in furtherance of a scheme to defraud constitutes a separate offense.

You still smiling, Smiler?

crazykris6 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info bro!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information