Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Manfred Hoeberl
    Austrian
    6' 4"
    290lbs
    26-27" arms
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-untitled.jpg   Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-.jpg   Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-b.jpg   Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-c.jpg  
    Last edited by ant_8u; 08-03-2005 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftgod84
    Stones aren't that heavy, Lightest is 220, heaviest 335. I compete in strongman. I don't know where you got those numbers
    I don't know how heavy the stones are
    Never tried lifting one

The numbers can from Magnus Samuelsson's website

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    Those might be the stones he trains with. I use a bar set up at the gym, which almost mimics the exact movement you have to make. They are tough, but once you get the idea on how to lift them, if you can deadlift 450 or more, you shouldn't have a problem lifting a stone.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    I feel pretty confident that this is the absolute answer.

Height, muscle density, bone density, and distribution.

Weight has always been and will always be the most crude way of knowing how muscular a person is. You need SO much more data.

Those might be the stones he trains with. I use a bar set up at the gym, which almost mimics the exact movement you have to make. They are tough, but once you get the idea on how to lift them, if you can deadlift 450 or more, you shouldn't have a problem lifting a stone.
    I'm sure you're right
    You're the one that trains with them not me

Everyone likes to exagerate now and again
    Magnus is probably one of those people

I can deadlift 400
    Not quite an Atlas Stone but i'm working on it

Quote Originally Posted by ant_8u
    I'm sure you're right
    You're the one that trains with them not me

Everyone likes to exagerate now and again
    Magnus is probably one of those people

I can deadlift 400
    Not quite an Atlas Stone but i'm working on it
    All you need is a little technique training and you shouldn't have too much trouble with the fisrt 3 of the 5 stones, the 304 and 335 stones might give you some trouble. I can deadlift 705 and I have trouble sometimes with the 335 stone.

All you need is a little technique training and you shouldn't have too much trouble with the fisrt 3 of the 5 stones, the 304 and 335 stones might give you some trouble. I can deadlift 705 and I have trouble sometimes with the 335 stone.
    The 304 and 335 stone MIGHT give me some trouble?
    That's putting it politely to say the least

705's a big number bro
    I can praise that

I spend a lot of time at the gym. If I am not doing work for school, I am at the gym training.

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJim
    this seems to make the most sense, you think mariuz could be a bodybuilder j martini?

ps- i'm not questioning your knowledge your probably right, but how did you know that coleman had smaller joins and bone strcture?

Here are some pictures for people to compare and contrast.
    If you look at colemans hip structure you will see that it is much smaller than Mariuz. Your first two pics show this well. Coleman also has very small ankles, and wrists.

Also in colemans favour is his muscle bellies they are full and round thus giving the appearance of the muscle hanging of the bone look.

Coleman was born with a great combination of small joints, small hips and wide clavicles absolutely ideal for bodybuilding.
    Yes i do think Mariuz could be a bodybuilder but never in colemans league the genetic gifts just are not there. Thats why even a guy like Dexter Jackson who is much smaller than Mariuz will look better beside him. Just genetics look how round and full dexters muscl;es look in comparison this is down to muscle belly insertion and small joints.

Needle_Newb is offline Junior Member
    I don't know where you got your numbers liftgod84 because the last one at WSM is traditionally 365. For our pro shows in Canada we our last one is 385 and it's circumference is huge making it incredibly hard to lift.

And to be proficient at stone lifting you need to deadlift significantly more than 450 and you need to train the stones on a frequent basis, at least bi-weekly. You also require very strong pecs, lats, traps and biceps to grip it.

mikeybadaboy is offline Associate Member
    let me start by sayin,i watched the wsm comp..and he is one big sunnuva bitch...i didnt think nhe was on roids,i thought they tested

chest6 is offline Banned
    i think the last stone is 365

Stones go from 220 (the lightest) to 335(heaviest). I said this earlier, and I do compete in strongman.

redcell is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    You ever lifted on coke? Try it and come back and tell me you cant throw more weight around than you can when not on it. I know many guys that will take coke before they hit the gym routinely for that sole purpose. In fact my buddy just blew his ACL squatting nearly 700lb while coked up. And don't patronize me like Im the sole person to speculate coke usage by Marius. Hell that was all over the place months ago when he failed his test. What rec drug you think he was doing X and working out?
    Coke would make him remain lean and strong as hell.
    Ok Maybe coke will give you a TEMPORARY boost. Think about the times cops have had to unload a whole magazine on someone before they dropped, all because they were hopped up on something like coke. I used to do coke, and I used to be 6'2" 165lbs. Now I am 6'2" 212. I know a thing or 2 about coke as I am sure quite a few people do. I do know that any boost you get is only TEMPORARY. I have never worked out on it, and I never will, mostly because I will never do it again. All you are doing is putting yourself at risk for your heart to explode. It is a proven fact that cocaine DESTROYS HEART TISSUE ON CONTACT. Once the walls of the heart get too thin, the heart just stops beating because it doesnt have the strength to pump blood through the body anymore. Rivers Phoenix is the perfect example. He did not overdose, he just did good coke consistantly over a long period of time till his heart just gave out. I can't say I won't knock someone for taking coke and working out because I will. I just hope they dont end up dying at some point. I may smoke a little chronic once in a while, but my only drug of choice are iron weights, supplemented with AAS occasionally.

STEVO 47 is offline Banned
    Who in they're right f....kin mind would think coke is good for working
    out with. that's absolutly crazy. I was on that shit for a long time and
    if anything it would drain you. And you're right. Coke does kill heart tissue
    and on top of that it causes the veins to constrict and in turn restricts
    blood flow to the heart. that's why the heart will pump faster and inlarge
    and in some cases can actually explode. Trust me on this one.

100m champ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by europeman
    could kill you... why? i will run 10 IU over a few months then up it till I am at around 30/40Iu a day
    hahahah yaa right.. you end up dead at 30 IU

Joey2ness is offline Member
    seeing hes from poland, id say it was the abuse of omnadrens lol
    frk

as someone else said in this board
    http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...1896#post91896

Logan13 is offline Banned

yes

Well if you break it down. . .Ronnie is a bodybuilder and even though he lifts for strength, so a lot of core lifts, like bench, squat, deadlifts, he is still a bodybuilder and lifts also for size and symmetry. Mariusz on the other hand is a strongman, and me being a strongman competitior and being around it for a while, know, we don't lift to look good, we don't lift for symmetry. We only lift for strength, we only train for strength. And that is going to play a big part in the way muslces are shaped and the way someone looks.
    Well stated.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Gassy
    It's all genetics. Anybody know what kind of weights Mariuz uses in the gym? It may be less than Ronnie. Strongman contests need functional strength, there is a difference between weightroom and functional strength. Anybody who has ever wrestled will agree with this.
    Definately.

synthol

Quote Originally Posted by ant_8u
    Manfred Hoeberl
    Austrian
    6' 4"
    290lbs
    26-27" arms
    I do not even know if it was around back then, but those massive arms look very unproportional......synthol? Just because he was a stongman, doesn't mean that he did not want to look good, he was a very "showy" guy, the look meant something to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Well stated.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information