Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JuicyJim is offline Junior Member

Mariusz Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??

When i look at Mariusz Pudzianowski i defitley dont' think he weights the 290 lbs he is listed at, he just dont' look as big as other guys like ronnie coleman who are listed at that weight, maybe it's an illusion. or it could be he carries most of his weight in his legs, THERE HUGE. anyway here are my questions.

1) how has Mariusz been able to stay muscle bound free? he's 6'0 ft, 290 lbs at 8% bodyfat, if ronnie coleman who is about the same height to weight ration tried to do what Mariusz does he would look like a fool. anybody who saw ronnie on jay leno knows what i'm talking about.

2) how has Mariusz been able to stay gh gut free?

3) what type of gear do you think he runs to get so big with a low bodyfat percentage.

look at these photos to see the difference
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-296_09b.jpg   Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-424.jpg  
    Last edited by JuicyJim; 08-03-2005 at 08:14 AM.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    at a guess and just a guess

low dose gh slin test susp tren a var IGF1

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    myostatin blocker?

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Well Mariusz is about 1-1.5inches taller then ronnie and only around 20pounds lighter. And I guess that he is running atleast 3grams of test, igf-1, gh and maybe tren . And I don't think he is using myo inhibitors, he be much bigger.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont forget the cocaine he takes. He is rumored to have failed his last drug screen for that. Plus it makes you strong as f*ck!

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Please explain how cocaine makes you stronger and how would coke make him weigh 290 and how do you know that he tested for coke ? all the public knows is that he was tested positive for a " rec drug ". Thats a pretty broad term.

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Good question bro!

I was thinking about something similar myself

I weigh 185lbs,

When i look on this site, other members that are my weight look much bigger than i do

I don't look as heavy as i am

I have a friend who weighs 170lbs and he looks a similar size to another friend of mine who weighs 220lbs

They're near the same height and "size" but one is 50lbs heavier

What's that all about?!

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ant_8u
    Good question bro!

I was thinking about something similar myself

I weigh 185lbs,

When i look on this site, other members that are my weight look much bigger than i do

I don't look as heavy as i am

I have a friend who weighs 170lbs and he looks a similar size to another friend of mine who weighs 220lbs

They're near the same height and "size" but one is 50lbs heavier

What's that all about?!

Maybe it could be bone density that has such a big role in weight

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    as well as fat...

Yeah, maybe bone density and tendons etc.

I'd still like to hear opinions about Mariusz

Why is he bigger than Ronnie but looks like a normal big fella
    Where as Ronnie looks like he does?

Mariusz's bones can't be that much denser can they?

it's very werid, his upper body is huge dont' get me wrong, but it just doesn't look like it belongs to a 6'0 290 lb man. his legs are very massive though, that's one thing i respect about Mariusz Pudzianowski, he's not some top heavy douche bag, if anything his legs far out shine his upperbody.

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    Well if you break it down. . .Ronnie is a bodybuilder and even though he lifts for strength, so a lot of core lifts, like bench, squat, deadlifts, he is still a bodybuilder and lifts also for size and symmetry. Mariusz on the other hand is a strongman, and me being a strongman competitior and being around it for a while, know, we don't lift to look good, we don't lift for symmetry. We only lift for strength, we only train for strength. And that is going to play a big part in the way muslces are shaped and the way someone looks.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    Please explain how cocaine makes you stronger and how would coke make him weigh 290 and how do you know that he tested for coke ? all the public knows is that he was tested positive for a " rec drug ". Thats a pretty broad term.
    You ever lifted on coke? Try it and come back and tell me you cant throw more weight around than you can when not on it. I know many guys that will take coke before they hit the gym routinely for that sole purpose. In fact my buddy just blew his ACL squatting nearly 700lb while coked up. And don't patronize me like Im the sole person to speculate coke usage by Marius. Hell that was all over the place months ago when he failed his test. What rec drug you think he was doing X and working out?
    Coke would make him remain lean and strong as hell.

So is it possible that Mariusz has denser muscles too?

j martini is offline Member
    Yeah, maybe bone density and tendons etc.

I'd still like to hear opinions about Mariusz

Why is he bigger than Ronnie but looks like a normal big fella
    Where as Ronnie looks like he does?

Mariusz's bones can't be that much denser can they?
    Well coleman started out at about 170 pounds so he has gained about 120 pounds of muscle. Mariusz could have started at 210-220 pounds. Also coleman has much smaller joints and bone structure.

So the end result is both guys are 290 pounds, but coleman probably is carrying an extra 40 pounds of muscle on his frame, thus he appears much larger.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    You ever lifted on coke? Try it and come back and tell me you cant throw more weight around than you can when not on it. I know many guys that will take coke before they hit the gym routinely for that sole purpose. In fact my buddy just blew his ACL squatting nearly 700lb while coked up. And don't patronize me like Im the sole person to speculate coke usage by Marius. Hell that was all over the place months ago when he failed his test. What rec drug you think he was doing X and working out?

I have never done coke or any rec drug for that matter but i have heard the same.. i would say he wasnt smoking weed before lifting..

Big M is offline Associate Member
    I saw him pose here in stockholm 2 month ago, He was very BIG. saw Dexter pose after and he looked alot smaler (but better)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-3929.jpg  

big an rich is offline Associate Member
    So is it possible that Mariusz has denser muscles too?
    I think thats what it has to be. And it could also by synthoil on Ronnie, Mariusz won't bother pumping himself full of that to look good, he just needs to be strong as hell.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    There is good research indicating that cocaine temporarily improves strength. It is a powerful appetite suppressant, toxic to the cardio vascular system, and not well-suited for bodybuilding or powerlifting. You could have a stroke or heart attack. However, like nicotine, cocaine improves strength.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Bro, I just can't imagine someone maxing out with really heavy weight, while having their heart already going 120bpm before they even pick up a weight.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Dont forget the cocaine he takes. He is rumored to have failed his last drug screen for that. Plus it makes you strong as f*ck!
    Coke will make you seem stronger because you don't feel the pain (Peruvian marching powder), but it suppresses your appetite and is highly catabolic.

Not a good mass drug at all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    Well coleman started out at about 170 pounds so he has gained about 120 pounds of muscle. Mariusz could have started at 210-220 pounds. Also coleman has much smaller joints and bone structure.

So the end result is both guys are 290 pounds, but coleman probably is carrying an extra 40 pounds of muscle on his frame, thus he appears much larger.
    this seems to make the most sense, you think mariuz could be a bodybuilder j martini?

ps- i'm not questioning your knowledge your probably right, but how did you know that coleman had smaller joins and bone strcture?

Here are some pictures for people to compare and contrast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-296_07b.jpg   Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-231.jpg  
    Last edited by JuicyJim; 08-03-2005 at 08:17 AM.

Ranger5 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJim
    this seems to make the most sense, you think mariuz could be a bodybuilder j martini?

ps- i'm not questioning your knowledge your probably right, but how did you know that coleman had smaller joins and bone strcture?

Here are some pictures for people to compare and contrast.
    Awesome pics, both are absolutely amazing. Whatever they do, works. probably have ground up gorilla nuts for breakfast.

yes they truly are amazing, here are some more pics of the world's greatest bodybuilder and strong man.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-249.jpg   Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-296_02b.jpg   Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-gp10.jpg   Mariusz  Pudzianowski's size to weight ratio??-382.jpg  

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    It's all genetics. Anybody know what kind of weights Mariuz uses in the gym? It may be less than Ronnie. Strongman contests need functional strength, there is a difference between weightroom and functional strength. Anybody who has ever wrestled will agree with this.

europeman is offline Junior Member
    mariusz uses 35 IU of gh I heard from a insider

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by europeman
    No doubt he uses GH, but at this dose I have to disagree. More between 12-18IU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gassy
    It's all genetics. Anybody know what kind of weights Mariuz uses in the gym? It may be less than Ronnie. Strongman contests need functional strength, there is a difference between weightroom and functional strength. Anybody who has ever wrestled will agree with this.

Dude, I compete strongman, and gym strength def. transfers no problem to functional competition strength. There is some technique training you need to do and you need to get acclamated with some of the apparatus, but more or less, if you are strong in the gym, you would do pretty well in competition. Unless your like Glenn Ross and weigh 400lbs, then it is just difficult to move around. As for Mariusz's weights, pretty similar to Coleman's. I read that he goes up to 495 on flat bench, in excess of 800 on squats, around 800 for deadlifts.

That dose could probably really kill you. I'm guessing around 10iu's is what he uses.

hardcorehulk is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJim
    it's very werid, his upper body is huge dont' get me wrong, but it just doesn't look like it belongs to a 6'0 290 lb man. his legs are very massive though, that's one thing i respect about Mariusz Pudzianowski, he's not some top heavy douche bag, if anything his legs far out shine his upperbody.

I was thinking the exact same thing....

europeman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    That dose could probably really kill you. I'm guessing around 10iu's is what he uses.
    could kill you... why? i will run 10 IU over a few months then up it till I am at around 30/40Iu a day

could kill you... why? i will run 10 IU over a few months then up it till I am at around 30/40Iu a day
    You can't be serious. Maybe you want a ronnie gut then more power to you

Mariusz's stats from 2003

Biceps 22"
    Forearms 18"
    Waist 36"
    Quads 32"
    Chest 58"
    Height 6' 1"
    Weight 290lbs

Bench 605
    Squat 800
    Deadlift 900

Who's the man?!

Hopefully those lifts are little better for next years strong man.

No doubt he's improved since then

I'd guess they were his 1RM's but it didn't specify that

Remember, you don't really max out at the strongman like you would in the gym

They either do multiple lifts
    (military pressing logs)

Or lift once, add more weight and lift again straight away
    (deadlifting a car whilst adding passengers each lift - or the Atlas stones)

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Anyone know what his weight routine is like?

I don't think he has a gym routine to speak of

I think it's more practicing the techniques needed for the contests

There's no way you can lift those Atlas stones by lifting weights in the gym

You have to get out there and practice picking them up over and over again

Those stones weigh alot

1st = 260lbs
    2nd = 290lbs
    3rd = 320lbs
    4th = 350lbs
    5th = 380lbs

Whilst he probably will have a gym routine i'm sure it's not the focus of his training

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Mariusz's stats from 2003

Biceps 22"
    Forearms 18"
    Waist 36"
    Quads 32"
    Chest 58"
    Height 6' 1"
    Weight 290lbs

Bench 605
    Squat 800
    Deadlift 900

Who's the man?!

Holy crap... 18" forearms??? I'm starting to feel grossly inadequate

Anyone remember Manfred Hoeberl?

A strongman competitor in the early 90's

He had a good physique like Mariusz

Not sure what he weighed in at, but the man had 26-27" arms!

Remember, he was a strongman competitor, no synthol for him!

I don't think he has a gym routine to speak of

I think it's more practicing the techniques needed for the contests

There's no way you can lift those Atlas stones by lifting weights in the gym

You have to get out there and practice picking them up over and over again

Those stones weigh alot

1st = 260lbs
    2nd = 290lbs
    3rd = 320lbs
    4th = 350lbs
    5th = 380lbs

Whilst he probably will have a gym routine i'm sure it's not the focus of his training
    Stones aren't that heavy, Lightest is 220, heaviest 335. I compete in strongman. I don't know where you got those numbers. And there is ways you can train for the stones in the gym, I have done, works pretty well. If you really want me to explain how, I can, but I don't feel like typing it right now.

Here is a sample training routine for Mariusz:
    http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/m_248884/printable.ht

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information