Thread: Arimidex

smoky1977 is offline Junior Member

Arimidex

I was reading the profile on arimidex in this forum and WOW I learned some new stuff! Increases test levels by 58% had no idea. I have always used 1mg eod during my cylcles and after.

My question is? Could a person get away with using 1/2mg ed for say forever? I would still do cycles but instead of stopping the arimidex just continue its use.

????????????????

flex99 is offline Junior Member
    no not forever, pills go through your liver and i would not take the chance.

ya but arimidex is not a steroid , I am thinking it does not hurt the liver! I will have to do more research on it!

thanks man

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Let us know if you find anything, this is an interesting suject. I know a guy who just did HCG , low dose,a few times a week for a few weeks and says he got gains from it.

by increasing your test levels by 58%, that would help you produce more muscle. So technically armidex can build muscle and lower estrogern levels. I think what I am gonna do is, I start my cycle next week. I am gonna run 1/2mg armidex every day and continue way after my cycle and see what happens and run it into my next cycle and so forth!!!

I will be the RAT to try it out. Really it cant harm me, it wont effect my liver, there is no sides besides keepin my estrogen levels way low. As long as I am producing little bit of estrogen i will be alright.

we will see!!!!!!!!!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    AI's like l-dex, letro.......... have a negative effect on lipids. Estrogen is what helps keep lipid levels stable and in a good range. Since an AI's job is to stop arominization (keep estrogen from being produced) then going on a long term "cycle" of l-dex could become an added health issue. Also, a 58% increase of your natural test production isn't much so if there are gains they would be very small....... JMO

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    You have to balance your estrogen levels to some extent you shouldnt just subtract all estrogen from the body.

Imuned?

What happens when you have to stop using a-dex?

And why would you want to do this, there are lots of other bridging compounds/methods possible.?

~DV~

Also taken from Hookers profile here; this is nolvadex ,,,"20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150%"

~DV~

58% is not alot your right! Arimidex and other anti-e's dont completly shut down your estrogen levels just keep them low! Bridging, hell ya there is way better stuff to bridge between cycles but I was just wondering if you could get away with continueing use of armidex all the time?? DId not know that about nolvadex !!

I cant find an article if this is good or bad but I am still looking!!!

Moosepellet is offline Member
    I would run Arimidex for a long time. It will mess up you HDL profile, and rise you LDL

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    AI's like l-dex, letro.......... have a negative effect on lipids.

Ann Oncol. 2005 Jul 19; [Epub ahead of print]

Comparative effects of anastrozole, tamoxifen alone and in combination on plasma lipids and bone-derived resorption during neoadjuvant therapy in the impact trial.

Banerjee S, Smith IE, Folkerd L, Iqbal J, Barker P, Dowsett M.

Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London & Sutton, UK.

BACKGROUND: Estrogen has beneficial effects on lipid metabolism and bone preservation. The IMPACT trial evaluated neoadjuvant therapy with anastrozole or tamoxifen alone, or a combination. The comparative effects of these treatments on serum lipids and bone resorption were assessed. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Non-fasting clotted blood samples were taken from 176 postmenopausal patients at baseline, 2 and 12 weeks for assessment of serum levels of estradiol, the bone resorption marker CTx and lipid profiles [total cholesterol (TC), high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) and non-HDL cholesterol (N-HDL-C)]. RESULTS: After 12 weeks, tamoxifen was associated with a significant increase in HDL-C (26.5%), and a decrease in TC (6.5%) and N-HDL-C (12.3%). Anastrozole was associated with a significant increase in HDL-C (11.2%), and a non-significant increase in TC (2.9%) and N-HDL-C (3.4%), both of which were significantly different from tamoxifen. The combination was associated with a significant increase in HDL-C (9.4%), and a decrease in TC (10.9%) and N-HDL-C (13.9%). For tamoxifen and the combination, there were non-significant decreases in CTx compared with a significant increase (45.6%) with anastrozole. No correlation between serum estradiol and CTx was seen in any of the treatment groups. CONCLUSION: Anastrozole did not have a detrimental effect on lipid profiles following 3 months of therapy. There was a significant increase in CTx with anastrozole in contrast to tamoxifen.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    I meant to say that I wouldn't! My mistake

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smoky1977
    Arimidex and other anti-e's dont completly shut down your estrogen levels just keep them low! I was just wondering if you could get away with continueing use of armidex all the time??

Seems like you are looking for what you WANT to hear.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-23-2005 at 09:06 AM.

Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jan;9(1 Pt 2):468S-72S. (excerpt)

Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of the newer generation aromatase inhibitors

The 3 Aromatase inhibitors, Arimidex , Letrozole , and Exemestane have somewhat different effects on lipid profile. In one study in patients with metastatic disease (n = 952 at study entry), anastrozole [Arimidex] showed no marked effect on lipid (cholesterol) profile compared with baseline. Whereas these patients had advanced metastatic disease, these data do provide some evidence that anastrozole did not significantly change the lipid profile compared with the baseline studies (1) . A smaller study (n = 44) that compared lipids at baseline and after 32 weeks of treatment with anastrozole (2) also did not show any significant alterations in the lipid parameters.

1.Dewar J., Nabholtz J-M., Bonneterre J., Buzdar A., Robertson J. F., Thurlimann B. The effect of anastrozole (Arimidex) on serum lipids: data from a randomized comparison of anastrozole (AN) versus tamoxifen (TAM) in postmenopausal (PM) women with advanced breast cancer (ABC). Breast Cancer Res. Treat., 64: 51 2000.
    2.Wojtacki J., Kruszewski W. J., Les’niewski-Kmak K., S’liwin’ska M., Czyzewska K., Kruszewska E. Short-term effects of anastrozole therapy on serum lipid profile in patients with breast cancer, previously treated with tamoxifen. Preliminary report. Nowotwory, 51: 43-47, 2001.
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 07-23-2005 at 09:01 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Wow, that would be great if it were indeed true, and I know many hope that it is.

I just don't understand why anastrozole has carried that "side affect label" for many years on end, and why literally everyone mentions that is alters lipid profiles. I mean, that information had to come from somewhere, right?

Maybe it was just a bad rumor that got spread all over the place.

~SC~

Ya probably what I wanted to hear and LOOK I got it! Awesome! wierd thought??
    I am gonna try it and just make sure I get checked every once in awhile so nothing happens to me!

thanks alot for the info it HELPS!!
    Josh

alltherage is offline Junior Member
    It's a retarded Idea, Take tribulus for christ sake. Arimadex raises your cholesterol through the roof, plus 1 mg eod is too much, the most you need is .5mgeod.

Actually my dad also takes it and his DR. tells him to take 1mg eod. Cholesterol huh hmmm I will have to look into that? I did not read anything about that! I will never give up arimidex at least during cycles, it works WAY to good for me! I have other buddies I hook up with and they like it too!

Quote Originally Posted by smoky1977
    Actually my dad also takes it and his DR. tells him to take 1mg eod. Cholesterol huh hmmm I will have to look into that? I did not read anything about that! I will never give up arimidex at least during cycles, it works WAY to good for me! I have other buddies I hook up with and they like it too!
    Well, goodluck. Let us know in a few months how it went...

~DV~

Hmm...something looks different about this thread....I can't quite put my finger on it...

Thread Information