atomicpunk is offline Junior Member

Arms Falling asleep at night

I've seen other posts regarding similar circumstances. At night I wake up and my arms are alseep no matter what position I lay. Is it something to worry about? Will it go away while on or not until off? Is it Compartment syndrom then?

Superhuman is offline Banned
    happens to me all the time, also while talking on cell phone. try not to sleep with your arms above your head. I've never had a problem with it except for the fact that it hurts a little sometimes.

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    yeah i get it too, you need to keep your arms on your sides when you sleep.
    when you lift your arms a vein attached to ribs goin up to the arm is constricted. This over time, like 4-5 hours causes pins an needles, and numbness.

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    I always get this almost every night, and yes I always sleep with my arms above my head

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    i got them on my last cycle... it could be because your nerves aren't used to all the size your put'n on / so your arms- hands go numb, at least that was my problem

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Happens to me as well.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    If you sleep on your side, support the wrist and hand of the arm of the side you are sleeping on with a pillow. Works for me.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeat offenders will be reported.
    -The Baron-

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    yes a pillow for support usually helps out a bit

yes sir... the pillow thing def. is the way to go...... especially when your massive.....when my chick stays over i extend my arm above my head and it always falls asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    happens to me all the time, also while talking on cell phone. try not to sleep with your arms above your head. I've never had a problem with it except for the fact that it hurts a little sometimes.
    Righto on the keeping your arms by your sides...

I paralysed my left arm for a few days and needed a few weeks of rehab because I slept with my left arm over my head. It would "fall asleep" on me all the time but I never thought anything of it... until one morning when my arm was dead weight I could not move.

After 3 days I could not even lift my arm past my chest... I went to see a sports med doctor, he didn't find anything, he sent me to a neurologist, didn't find anything (but I got poked with some serious needles!), then to a physio who'se first question was "do you sleep with your arm like that"... I'm not massive by any standard, but apparently once the shoulders get to a certain size, the nerves can get pinched inside the shoulder which can cause paralysis.

Red

Thread Information