Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member

Kidney Pain - Help me out

I have a dull ache on the left side a few inches from my spine on my lower back. Most likely my kidney. I have an abscess in my shoulder. Could the infection have spread to my kidney? I will go to a doctor on wednesday (tomorrow).

I first noticed the pain during a coughing fit. I have not ruled out a physical injury from my rib cage crushing the kidney during the coughing fit. That is what seemed to set it off.

Urine is not dark. Only symptom is the aching, and possibly a low grade fever.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Froid
    I have a dull ache on the left side a few inches from my spine on my lower back. Most likely my kidney. I have an abscess in my shoulder. Could the infection have spread to my kidney? I will go to a doctor on wednesday (tomorrow).

I first noticed the pain during a coughing fit. I have not ruled out a physical injury from my rib cage crushing the kidney during the coughing fit. That is what seemed to set it off.

Urine is not dark. Only symptom is the aching, and possibly a low grade fever.
    I doubt it spread to your kidneys SF. I had an abcess removed Dec '03. It was on my right glute, and 'bout a liter of fluid and what not was removed. Inside was 17 diff bacteria and one was anaerobic, so I had to have antibiotic iv 4 x's a day for thirty days post op. Think about the proximity from your abcess to mine.
    The dull ache will go away, don't freak out. Just in case drink extra H2O.
    Btw, you should have a fever, w that abcess. I was at 102 prior to the surgery, and since they can not operate on someone w a fever (plus you can not eat/drink), I had to use a supository to bring it down. Hehe, the nurse was like, do you want me to do it for you? Nahhh, I think it is horrible enough by myself.
    Good Luck w surgery

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the kind response, keyser. It is an irritated injection site on my shoulder that might be turning into an abscess. No more than 5cc in there (maximum) and some is probably oil. What do you think is happening to my kidney? I probably need more water, first of all. It's entirely possible that it is not infected, but I have no idea what else it could be.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Froid
    Thanks for the kind response, keyser. It is an irritated injection site on my shoulder that might be turning into an abscess. No more than 5cc in there (maximum) and some is probably oil. What do you think is happening to my kidney? I probably need more water, first of all. It's entirely possible that it is not infected, but I have no idea what else it could be.
    Perhaps it was the nasty coughing. I have gotten some serious pains from coughing my lungs out on tren .
    In my experience, you have to take alot of stuff to mess up your kidneys. In fact, I usually hear about it from people taking excessive anti inflammatories.
    Don't worry. Make sure the doctor checks you out.

Thread Information