chris2wire is offline Member

Keep a pump throughout your day.

Hmmm.....

Nutrients are delivered through the blood in your veins. THE END. Thats a fact and theres no way around it.

Muscles feed off nutrients and in order to deliver the proper nutrients to your muscles you need blood flowing through the muscles. This happens during weight lifting, however it subsides when not lifting.

Blood moves through veins into arteries and it is these arteries that become smaller and smaller in order to deliver blood to your body's needs, including muscles. Within this blood are nutrients. When blood moves through these areas they release nutrients, and oxygen, into the cells. This is very important to muscle growth. Additionally, they pick up waste product for cleansing in the liver.

This is HUGE when it comes to off days. When you don't workout on off days, at all, your muscles do not get pumped. And though theyll receive some blood, they won't receive the large quantities they would during a workout, or during the hours following a workout. This is why you should do three things:

- Lightly workout EVERY morning. If you bench 200lbs normally then when you wake up bench 50lbs for one set of 10. You won't strain your muscles, youll simply get them pumped. If its chest/tricep day you'll still be able to work them out later. Do this for all body parts.

-Lightly workout on off days. Don't strain your muscles and tear them up, but just keep blood flowing into them and delivering nutrients.

-Lightly workout before bed. It doesn't matter what you worked out that day, do a light full body workout with very light weights before bed and get your muscles filled with blood. This will provide the nutrient delivery system to maximize growth during sleep.

Remember, you aren't going to strain yourself or overtrain if youre just lifting light reps to keep blood in your muscles. Its the equivalent of lifting a heavy box in the garage or something. Itll get you pumped but not actually work your muscles. I mean come on, seriously, if you lift a bag of dog food from the car to the house does that mean you have to take the day off from lifting now? Of course not, these things don't affect your lifting or training ability. Instead these activities, such as lifting light weights, keep blood in your muscles and thats it.

Remember, eating all that protein and downing all those shakes won't do anything if they aren't delivered to the your muscles. Get those muscles pumped non stop and down the protein non stop!

Anyways do it, trust me, it'll help greatly.
    Last edited by chris2wire; 08-03-2005 at 12:20 AM.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with you. I have 20 and 30lb dumbells in my bedroom. I felt my arms were too small so I started doing light reps over the last few months on a daily basis. I believe I put on about a inch on them since I started doing that. I just do the reps to get a pump. 4 sets of 12 does fine for me. Guns are nice.

Redrock20 is offline Junior Member
    Interesting. Anyone else disagree or agree with this?

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    Yea seems very helpfull, Just wondering what the vets think........

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Seems in theory to be cool if not anything else. Would also like to see a vets opinion on this.
    Interesting post...thnx

-Bino

jucinator is offline Associate Member
    I always like to pump up my mucsles on off days , i think it does wonders. also if your goal is to be a BB then you should always be flexing the mucsle you have worked out that day. I like to get a good meal underneath my belt after lifting , let it diegest and then flex the hell out of the body part i worked that day, bring the mucsle to were it cramps do this for a few minutes and then leave it along . i sware this has made my mucsles fuller. GET BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    if your pumping them you arent exactly resting them are you?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd prefer to do something body weight like sprints or push ups. I usually do 3 sets of Push Ups everyday either when I wake up or right before I go to bed.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    i tottally disagree (respectively) look at swimmers, or runners...always light work but never huge. yea they don't rip them but blood is always flowing heavy. you must rest the muscle completly to grow imo

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I would like to hear more opinions on this too, cause I rememebr when I was 17 I could go and do about 8 sets of bench and 6 sets of shrugs a day and never got sore, just got a huge pump. I have changed my routine a lot since then but I have never been able to get the same pumps and I never knew why. I thought it was just because I had so much test in my system from the age I was. Never could get the same pump like I did when I was younger, it was like a different person when I was pumped back then, now its like, eh pretty nice but not HUGE like it was.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    i tottally disagree (respectively) look at swimmers, or runners...always light work but never huge. yea they don't rip them but blood is always flowing heavy. you must rest the muscle completly to grow imo
    But then again swimmers or runners don't eat a bb diet nor do they do heavier resistance training to stimulate growth. They don't want to be heavier or less asthectic when cutting thru the water or running for distance. The key to stimulation in muslce fiber is squeezing, regardless of load.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I'd prefer to do something body weight like sprints or push ups. I usually do 3 sets of Push Ups everyday either when I wake up or right before I go to bed.
    That's good Ronny. I usually do pushups in my hotel room when on business trips.

i think we can also look at streghth trainers and power lifters vs bbs. if you watch how a strenght lifter works out it should be obvious that complete recoperation is nessesary to grow, otherwise you will simply get stonger and not much bigger

chris2wire is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer1
    if your pumping them you arent exactly resting them are you?
    Like I said, pumping a muscle doesnt automatically qualify as 'working' them. If you had a great a workout one day, and the next day you do some yard work and your muscles get pumped, you wont suffer from overtraining at all because although you used your muscles you didnt actually work them hard. Lifting light weights is the same thing.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    I think it sounds good, hey look @ speed skaters. Look how big their legs are, they work out everyday, maybe not heavy weight, but they practice everyday and nothing but good happens to their legs. It's true what was stated earlier, to rest a muscle is pretty much done while you are sleeping. For ex. you came from the gym and had finished working out your shoulder and back. Later that evening you go wash your car. No matter what you have to use your delts and back to wash your car, thus increasing blood flow.

~theJuice~

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    i think its a good idea but i think rest is very imp too

Testo^ is offline Associate Member
    Bump, i really want to hear some vets opinion on this

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    look at some people in the olympics that work out on the rings everyday there arms are huge and the gymnasts are big too

BUMP Bump vets?

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    vets??????

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    I could see the benefit............. But I'm no expert

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I disagree with this theory. Blood is the carrier for water and nutrients, that's it. Try to get a pump first thing in the morning when glycogen is low and you are dehydrated from a nights sleep. Exercising the muscle will allow more blood flow to that muscle, yes, but the amount of nutrients used for tissue repair will not increase. The body will take what it can at the time and allow the rest to be expelled. In my opinion you can only slow down the recovery process by putting additional stress on the muscle unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    I disagree with this theory. Blood is the carrier for water and nutrients, that's it. Try to get a pump first thing in the morning when glycogen is low and you are dehydrated from a nights sleep. Exercising the muscle will allow more blood flow to that muscle, yes, but the amount of nutrients used for tissue repair will not increase. The body will take what it can at the time and allow the rest to be expelled. In my opinion you can only slow down the recovery process by putting additional stress on the muscle unnecessarily.
    I'm not sure if that theory is relevant if you are juicing? The recovery period is diminished by 4X in studies I've read. So theoretically you could work every muscle group on a daily basis and get results while on a cycle. If you're natty, yes, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    look at some people in the olympics that work out on the rings everyday there arms are huge and the gymnasts are big too
    they are big but nothing even close to bbs, gymnasts on rings arms are big yea but as big as the best bbs...not even close

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I'm not sure if that theory is relevant if you are juicing? The recovery period is diminished by 4X in studies I've read. So theoretically you could work every muscle group on a daily basis and get results while on a cycle. If you're natty, yes, you are correct.
    yes juice will repair you faster but you must rest to heal...just not as much

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Totally wrong. Increased blood flow does not mean increased nutrients. By that logic, anything from cardio to amphetamines would help because they increase heart rate and in turn move more blood. Only way do get more is to eat more.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I think the basic theory of rest = growth, stands true here.

Testo^ is offline Associate Member
    Vets ?!?!?

Big M is offline Associate Member
    when you workout the blood flow goes upp with about 30% and disapears after about 10min If you pump upp your muscles once a day you will have an increase in blood flow of about 0,2% in one day... Got to be something else than blood flow that makes active rest so good (bc i agree, recovery is a lot faster when you use your sore muscles)

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    yes juice will repair you faster but you must rest to heal...just not as much
    I should of clarified that, I didn't mean max results but results that you couldn't get natty. You would actually lose muscle and be in a negative nitrogen balance if you worked every muscle group daily while natty. Juice keeps you in a postive nitrogen balance with sufficient protein intake. So you're right.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    But then again swimmers or runners don't eat a bb diet nor do they do heavier resistance training to stimulate growth. They don't want to be heavier or less asthectic when cutting thru the water or running for distance. The key to stimulation in muslce fiber is squeezing, regardless of load.
    i'm gonna call u on that one. you can squeeze the hell outta a muscle all your life and only grow to a homeostatic size. resistance, and more importantly, constantly increasing resistance is what makes em grow.

and for me, the easiest way to stay pumped all day is a good dose of igf1

Thread Information