Magnum II is offline Associate Member

Steroids and Sleep Apnea

In the past year, I seem to have developed a case of Sleep Apnea. For those that don't know, this is a condition where your throat closes off during sleep and you wake up choking, multiple times during the night. I have heard of roids bringing this condition on before I was just wondering how prevalent it is.

I've had to make an appointment at a sleep study clinic which I'll be staying over night to do soon. I'll be interested in hearing from any bros who may have suffered the same fate or known anyone else who has. This is making it really difficult to get enough quality rest while on cycle. And, by the way, the condition improves (doesn't go away) when I'm off juice.

Anyone?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    What's your bf%? Are you holding a lot of water right now?

Magnum II is offline Associate Member
    Yep, I struggle with water retention. I'm on 800mg Test Cyp per week and I'm retaining more than I'd like. I'm already taking 10mg of Nolva ED so, I'm reluctant to add more anti-Es. I probably have extra swelling in the tissue at the back of the throat associated with the water which is agrivating the situation.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't know for sure but I have often speculated on this matter myself. When I am on some cycles I do wake up in the night from apnea. Always goes away after my cycle though so I never knew for sure.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Testosterone is known for aggravating sleep apnea. If you're borderline, it may bring it on during a cycle, but you may still have a mild case even when you're off. Plus the physiology of the typical bodybuilder is a risk factor for apnea i.e. short, thick neck, etc.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I feel the extra weight gain can contribute to sleep apnea and snoring. When you go from 180ish to 240ish in 3 years and the snoring gets very bad for everyone in the whole house I say it is weight gain and needing more oxygen. On the flip side maybe it is just adnoids???

kn0bbme is offline Associate Member
    A real close friend of mine had gotten sleep apnia while he was on a cycle. I am not sure what he was on but he looked better than he even looked during his competition days. I know he was on some cynomel and i thought that had to do with it. He did the whole sleep clinic thing and they had him sleep with oxygen for a while. I think he is off at this time and i know he is having no more problems with the apneia.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I think that I am borderline with that. I am good with 500ew test e, but if I bump it up to 750ew, I will wake up mutliple times a night not being able to breath. Feels a little scary when I first wakeup. Same thing happens when I take dbol . I think it may be water retension. It feels like my nasal passages are plugged.

Thread Information