Thread: Finasteride?

biohazard999 is offline New Member

Finasteride?

I heard that stuff helps with baldness. Is that true? If so, what are the side effects?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Proscar (one brand name of this drug) really does work. I have talked with urologists about this even. I don't really like it though. It blocks DHT by messing with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme responsible for conversion of testosterone to DHT (dihyrotestosterone).

I think you will only benefit from it if using testosterone esters. Blocking DHT can reduce acne, aggression, shrink the prostate, and restore scalp hair, as well as preventing excessive body hair growth.

So the FDA approved it enlarged prostates and male-pattern baldness. If you take this drug, especially without steroids you may experience decrease in libido. Also, when I took it I almost immediately experienced a drop in strength. This is because will DHT is not anabolic it has stimulating effects in the brain. As you should know, strength is determined with how well the central nervous sys interacts with muscle tissue.

Stopping medication may cause hair loss to continue, will restore CNS induced strength loss, and a prostate condition may worsen.

Bottomline: if not using testosterones, you probably don't need Proscar.

chiller20 is offline New Member
    ok, i didnt use testosterone , i took proscar, i quit and still have sides of ED and low libido and a little gyn 6 months later, what should i do to recover, do i need to increase dht, i think my prostate might be messed up, is it true if you increase test you increase dht too

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biohazard999 View Post
    I heard that stuff helps with baldness. Is that true? If so, what are the side effects?
    It depends on where you are losing your hair, I had a receeding hairline and have been on propecia for 7 years and most of my hair came back. Rogaine is made for the back part of your hair.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Dutasteride is better for hair loss than finasteride.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RANA View Post
    It depends on where you are losing your hair, I had a receeding hairline and have been on propecia for 7 years and most of my hair came back. Rogaine is made for the back part of your hair.
    Rogaine works on top too. The studies were only done on the crown so they can only advertise what they tested. I used on the top and crown with pretty good results.

Quote Originally Posted by tballz View Post
    Dutasteride is better for hair loss than finasteride.
    For sure. Anyone with bad sides from Fin should stay away from Duta.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    I would look into dutasteride as well.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by fig View Post
    Rogaine works on top too. The studies were only done on the crown so they can only advertise what they tested. I used on the top and crown with pretty good results.

For sure. Anyone with bad sides from Fin should stay away from Duta.
    Definately,it is much stronger than Fina.

Thread Information