Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Roid Rage is offline Member

Your TAKE ON STEROIDS MAKING YOU AGE...

How big of a concern would you guys say this is? Clearly the uneducated person makes it sound like you are aging 100% faster... but i'm curious from an edcuated standpoint, what would you say about steroids contributing to aging? And making you look much older?

(ha, someone told me a few months could take 5 years off your life, and make you look so much older)

RR
    Last edited by Roid Rage; 08-06-2005 at 07:39 AM.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Hmm..testosterone and HGH are readily prescribed to older males to make them "Younger"....so I'm not really sure what you mean

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    your thinking of ciggerettes

lmao

Hey... i didn't say this, this is what someone told me thats why i'm posting about it here... So you are saying test makes people look younger?

RR

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i dont see how any gear would make you look older. that all depends on how you take care of your self. i think if you lean and have good muscle build at the age of 60 you will look much younger. if you were to run somthing like hgh you will look a whole lot younger

Yea...havent you heard of hormone replacement treatment?...doctors give older men testosterone and HGH to make them look/feel younger, its like a "Fountain of youth" idea..heard of it?

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    Yea...havent you heard of hormone replacement treatment?...doctors give older men testosterone and HGH to make them look/feel younger, its like a "Fountain of youth" idea..heard of it?
    "feel" younger is the key term here... testosterone is not an anti aging formula.

sxt
    sxt is offline New Member
    Test can screw with your cartlige if large amounts are taken . It will make them very brittle . Your muscles will grow but the rest will need time to grow also . This is how one injuries there rotaor cup & other joints in the body . Your cartlige is like an 80 yr old person . This is why one takes EQ to lqiuify the joints . This is the only thing I know how it effects the body in a neg way .

But as far as looking old not even close . Its great for the sex drive just make sure you have a lady avil . Or you will be going nuts !!!! I was on test for over a yr it was great !!!

HGH will be presribed to a person if there protein levels are low . Or if you are over 40 & a good Doc that will give it to you if you ask for it . For guys under 30 sometimes you will not get the results you expect . I believe its around 30 % of the people that take it get good results . The older you are the better the results . I have a freind that was 41 before he took it & the results where so good . Now he has been on over 18 cycles in his life time .

The only gear that has given me fellings like I'm over 70 is winny in my joints where so sore after the first wk it was unreal . Results where happening but hell man I was suffering in my joints . Remember I'm 47 yrs , a younger man will not possibly get these effects . Tried to find a write up on this thread a medical write up couldn't so wrote what I remembered . And some of my person experiences . That's my .01 on this thread .

sxt
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid Rage
    Hey... i didn't say this, this is what someone told me thats why i'm posting about it here... So you are saying test makes people look younger?

RR
    No test does not do it . HGH will tighten the skin up make you feel better look better . Look in the seach engine I'm sure you will find some good info on both thngs you are asking about .

ahh great info guys exactly what i was looking for...

on a side HGH stands for human growth hormone right?

RR

Quote Originally Posted by sxt
    No test does not do it . HGH will tighten the skin up make you feel better look better . Look in the seach engine I'm sure you will find some good info on both thngs you are asking about .

Yeah i will do that...

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    ^^^i love your avatar!!!!^^^

smiler is offline Senior Member
    actually aas can make you "look" older. c'mon guys you never heard of a receeding hair line? it just depends on you. if you are like 20 years old and happen to lose your hair...well i guess you could say it made you look older right?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Test can screw with your cartlige if large amounts are taken . It will make them very brittle . Your muscles will grow but the rest will need time to grow also . This is how one injuries there rotaor cup & other joints in the body . Your cartlige is like an 80 yr old person . This is why one takes EQ to lqiuify the joints . This is the only thing I know how it effects the body in a neg way .
    I'd like to see a write up or study on that. Most people have joint and tendon problems because they start doing cycles before they have a good base built. Which will strengthen joints and tendons while building that base. If test made brittle cartilage, my joints would be shot by now, I've been doing gear and HRT for 3 yeards now. The Dr never checks my joints and I've never had a problem with them. I did have shoulder surgery, from when I fell off a ladder years age. When my surgery was done, they took pics of the inside of my shoulder. My cartledge was fine.

JohnnyB

marcinator is offline New Member
    Just rub anti-aging cream all over your face and ass every time you are on a cycle.

sxt
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I'd like to see a write up or study on that. Most people have joint and tendon problems because they start doing cycles before they have a good base built. Which will strengthen joints and tendons while building that base. If test made brittle cartilage, my joints would be shot by now, I've been doing gear and HRT for 3 yeards now. The Dr never checks my joints and I've never had a problem with them. I did have shoulder surgery, from when I fell off a ladder years age. When my surgery was done, they took pics of the inside of my shoulder. My cartledge was fine.

JohnnyB
    You are so correct about it these are only one of the few reasons . Also your form is wrong is also another good one . I see guys that lift with the worst . Once they get to the heavier weights they always seem to get a injury .

You have been one of the lucky ones I guess along with many others . As far as the test amounts . If I go higher than 800 mg EW I have to add some extra EQ on my cycle . I will try to remember where I read that info . I had it in a saved file but my last HD crashed the guy who tried to get my info only got 1/4 of my HD . I will find it you can be sure of that !

Quote Originally Posted by marcinator
    Just rub anti-aging cream all over your face and ass every time you are on a cycle.
    LMAO!!!

Johnny B, is most mens HRT a consistent injection of testosterone ? and / or HGH? and what happens to their sperm count? what happens to their balls? lol

(pardon the thread hijack)

Dark Bird is offline Associate Member
    I dont know if anyones said this but look at arnold or your typical bodybuilder. You def look younger bc of it I think. Sure you may die young but at least youll look nice when you do.

If you are smart/responsible/moderate with AAS, you will not die early "From" them, there are no deaths from steroid use , respectively. If you have a bad heart, or a tumor, steroids can make these things hurt you faster, but no one has ever died "From" steroids

Dark Bird is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    If you are smart/responsible/moderate with AAS, you will not die early "From" them, there are no deaths from steroid use , respectively. If you have a bad heart, or a tumor, steroids can make these things hurt you faster, but no one has ever died "From" steroids
    Oh I know I know. I was being retarded. Hence the winking smiley face

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    I think a lot of heavy AAS users look older than they are due to the mostly temporary effects of the steroids . Most have fairly low BF and this can make you look a bit older (but usually better too). Plus AAS tend to make your skin a bit redder and rougher, and they can accelerate MPB. All of these except for the hair loss are just side effects that will go away once you stop using.

Joey2ness is offline Member
    I think its also because some of them are using tanning lotion or getting tanned at the beach
    and darker skin can make some people look older
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 08-06-2005 at 10:46 PM.

chris2wire is offline Member
    I feel roids, and test included, does cause aging but only due to stress.

Ive gotten wrinkles, a stronger looking face, back aches, lethargy due to taking test. Although I expect to gain some of my normalness back after my cycle, I due feel the stress placed on the body does cause faster aging while on a cycle. (Including stress on the heart, immune system, and liver)

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    We're all going to die. Why not sustain above average health until you do? If I live to be 80 while healthy and happy, that's success. If I live to be 85 and debiliated for the last 5 and lame for the 10 previous, I guess I lived longer. Quality is great. When you're in your senior years, wouldn't it be excellent to still be working out in the gym rather than babbling on your porch smoking a pipe? Quality of life is the focus for me. Take care of your body at a younger age so you can enjoy everything you worked for. Juice is part of a HEALTHY lifestyle if used correctly, not an abused drug. It can be abused but that's usually with many other drugs including alcohol. Our bodies are great instruments, treat them right...
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-07-2005 at 01:10 AM.

wagner78 is offline New Member
    What hair loss I didnt know you got hair loss from AAS ? Just joking, I dont have any hair so I have no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    I feel roids, and test included, does cause aging but only due to stress.

Ive gotten wrinkles, a stronger looking face, back aches, lethargy due to taking test. Although I expect to gain some of my normalness back after my cycle, I due feel the stress placed on the body does cause faster aging while on a cycle. (Including stress on the heart, immune system, and liver)
    Juice ain't gonna give ya wrinkles, that's genetics. How old are you? The question is, how was your health before AAS or how do you live? Don't lie.... You need some GH and/or IGF1 along with AAS it sounds...?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-07-2005 at 01:14 AM.

Syr
    Syr is offline New Member
    Frequent cycles can make the skin look rough. Retinol and HGH fix that

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2
    ^^^i love your avatar!!!!^^^
    i know my avatar rocks.

Also i think the main question i was asking was... does roids shorten your life span, i'm sure anything does if abused but if you run like 500mg a week is what i'm asking can you cut years off your life by doing so. Clearly roids dont make you look older... but does it shave years off your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Frequent cycles can make the skin look rough. Retinol and HGH fix that
    I believe IGF1 helps quite a bit too.

damn you bastards heh

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    makes you look younger look at Jose Canseco! : )

Roids wont shorten your life unless you have a history of certain health issues...say you have a tumor in your brain that you dont know about..you do roids, that tumor will grow bigger than normal and be detrimental FASTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Roid Rage
    if you run like 500mg a week is what i'm asking can you cut years off your life by doing so. Clearly roids dont make you look older... but does it shave years off your life?
    wtf? 500mg a week of WHAT, for how LONG? ...if you do a cycle a year, reasonable cycles, it can definitely be beneficial, no it wont shave years off your life, but be smart about it, go to the doc. tell him what your doing, get blood work, check your blood pressure /heart rate consistently, make sure youre all good, and maintain the checking of it, because this will help you catch anything abnormal and nip it in the bud

sharky is offline Associate Member
    you say you didnt come up with that yourself so i wont feel bad in saying who ever did say that is a scared little puss. that is the same (scared to use) kind of person who says it shrinks your schlong as well.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    LMAO!!!

Johnny B, is most mens HRT a consistent injection of testosterone ? and / or HGH? and what happens to their sperm count? what happens to their balls? lol

(pardon the thread hijack)
    Yes your spern count goes down and your nuts will athorpy. That's why I use hcg

JohnnyB

You are so correct about it these are only one of the few reasons . Also your form is wrong is also another good one . I see guys that lift with the worst . Once they get to the heavier weights they always seem to get a injury .

You have been one of the lucky ones I guess along with many others . As far as the test amounts . If I go higher than 800 mg EW I have to add some extra EQ on my cycle . I will try to remember where I read that info . I had it in a saved file but my last HD crashed the guy who tried to get my info only got 1/4 of my HD . I will find it you can be sure of that !
    One of the big mistakes people make is doing weight they can't handle, they misiterpret "heavy weight" to mean poundage, when it means the heavist weight you can handle with good form for X amount of reps. When doing a cycle you should always go up in rep before you upping the weight, this help keep your tendons and joints from injury.

JohnnyB

That's a very good point Johnny. Heavy weights are relevant to muscle size (+ what you can handle). The quality of the rep, squeezing the muscle, is what recruits max muscle fiber so you can lift even heavier. Is that right?

I can flat bench a lot of weight but that is BS. If I don't want to keep looking like I have solid man boobs, I better concentrate on upper chest with dumbells. That's what I'm doing now. I'm not going to sit on a flat bench for at least 6 months, no matter how tempting it may look. Wow, I put up 3 wheels a side and people looked over at me. I'm finally growing up in my old age.

The only reason you may look older is due to the bloating of some highly aromatizing steroids . They can change the shape of your face. Once your off and diet down the excess fat, your gonna look the same again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information