mkv213 is offline Member

What % bf to see...

What % BF do you need to be before you start seeing ribs in front of your lats?

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    im at i was at 10% b4 i started my cycle, most likely im bloated b/c i ran dbol and test but when i flex i can see my abs, it doenst matter ur bf% it matters tha % in ur abdomen, ive got barely any fat in my pecs or legs but my abs has a lot more

edit: whoops didnt see u said ribs, also, i can see my ribs, doesnt look like i havent been fed in 3 weeks but i can see them

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkv213
    when you say ribs are you refering to the serratus muscles? Don't know if it is such a great look for a BB to have his ribs showing.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    I have the seratus muscle showing, I have about 11% bf.

~theJuice~

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    yea those are serratus muscles...try some pullover...they will help....also hang from a bar and try to keep your legs straight and do hanging side crunches

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    The fingers (serratus) look great. I've never fully seen mine but I expect to in about 2 months. No mo big puffy guy for me..... Serratus, down to obliques and abs....all defined and you're bad-ass. That's my goal. I envy you guys where that comes easy... I have friends like that....Not fair!

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    The fingers (serratus) look great. I've never fully seen mine but I expect to in about 2 months. No mo big puffy guy for me..... Serratus, down to obliques and abs....all defined and you're bad-ass. That's my goal. I envy you guys where that comes easy... I have friends like that....Not fair!
    It's all in the genes( plus hard work)

~theJuice~

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    It's all in the genes( plus hard work)

~theJuice~
    well it seams my "serratus gene" has been turned off. I am able to fully appreciate almost every other muscle on my body except for those. I can feel them under there, but can never expose them. Oh well....

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    do heavy pull overs....i withing 2 months mine popped out like crazy and i have like 13-14% bf right now

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    I've been blessed with great serratus muscles it seems, they are there even when I dont work out much..I always attributed it to working my stomache. I'm pretty lean..probaly 10-12% bf

heres me when I wasnt working out at all...can still see them

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    mine are big and I see mine all year long, even at 19%. It really depends on the person and how big their serratus muscles are. I have to be low low before my lower abs start to show.

Hey Nevaenuf, If you lean up and your still having that little bit of "Fat" around your lower abs, try drinking 1-2 gallons of water a day, and lowering your sodium intake, because its possible that it is water! Experiment with it. (Sorry to change subject of thread)...anyways, serratus muscles..yep, theyre sweet!

I will probobly do that before I take pics this year. Maybe take some dandylion with it. Thanks for the advice.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i have been as low as 7-8 % and you could just start to see my abs. i find if you have long mid section you can have more bf and still see rib and abs

mkv213 is offline Member
    yeah the serratus muscles is what i was refering to. Seanstew has em. So lying on your back and doing pull overs will improve that?

I think having a strong core in general will promote those to show, now that i've been lifting more, they are way more visible.. the crunches, reverse crunches, and a few other exercises that utilize your core will be good for those. side crunches can help these too.....

if you really want a good ab workout, lay extremely declined, and have a partner throw a medecine ball at you while you go down, and throw it back to him as you go up, you can use twists and turns to accentuate your serratus good luck

Logan13 is offline Banned

serratus

There are 2 sides to this question:
    It depends on how developed your serratus muscles are, and what BF% you are at.

yea man i swear swear by pull overs...great for thickness to your lats too

I'm jealous of Sean and you other guys....I'm working at it and it's all in the diet and cardio (40 mins/day). I do at least 200 crunches off the ball daily. I'm also doing this excercise where you get down on all 4s and you bring your knee up to your chest, alternating. I need to start doing more twisting type excercises that target obliques and overall core. Not just upper and lower abs. I can see my abs from upper to lower but there are still under a layer of water/fat. May have to do with tbol right now but I eat a very clean diet as well. I just got some t3 for AR. Powerful stuff. I took 40mcgs (2 squirts) yesterday and I felt buzzed. I'm only going to do 20mcgs from now on and see how that goes.

I'm jealous of Sean and you other guys....I'm working at it and it's all in the diet and cardio (40 mins/day). I do at least 200 crunches off the ball daily. I'm also doing this excercise where you get down on all 4s and you bring your knee up to your chest, alternating. I need to start doing more twisting type excercises that target obliques and overall core. Not just upper and lower abs. I can see my abs from upper to lower but there are still under a layer of water/fat. May have to do with tbol right now but I eat a very clean diet as well. I just got some t3 for AR. Powerful stuff. I took 40mcgs (2 squirts) yesterday and I felt buzzed. I'm only going to do 20mcgs from now on and see how that goes.

no offense to anyone but i would persoanlly rahter be 225-240 with 11-13%bf then 140 ripped

jinos is offline Member
    Same here. 140 is scrawny. I'm 190 at 5'6" with 15%-17% bf. I'd rather llok like franco columbo than a fitness model.

mkv213 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freakintraining
    no offense to anyone but i would persoanlly rahter be 225-240 with 11-13%bf then 140 ripped
    I want the best of both worlds. I'm 230 and I want to be ripped too. I'd like to maintain my weight and get my Bf down to 9-10%. In time I'll get there. I have pretty good genetics so I gain muscle fast and lose BF fast.

Shoot man it would be easy to get ripped if you were 240 and 11-13% body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by jinos
    Same here. 140 is scrawny. I'm 190 at 5'6" with 15%-17% bf. I'd rather llok like franco columbo than a fitness model.

Guys that hurts

IMO, your doing too much abs, do abs like every other day, reps 12-20, dont do "thousands" or even hundreds of reps man. Try it out at least.

Ok, I'll switch it up, thanks.

Goal is to be be big and ripped. I've been big and puffy and I hate that look. I would rather weigh less and look ripped and lose strength. I use to be so caught up in max lifts, bench press, shoulder press, etc. No more of that shit, it's machosim bravado that only kills your joints. Nobody cares about that shit other than the few guys just like you at the gym. I like to look good in my clothes and it's much easier to meet women with a jawline rather than a bloated sten face.

Goal is to be be big and ripped. I've been big and puffy and I hate that look. I would rather weigh less and look ripped and lose strength. I use to be so caught up in max lifts, bench press, shoulder press, etc. No more of that shit, it's machosim bravado that only kills your joints. Nobody cares about that shit other than the few guys just like you at the gym. I like to look good in my clothes and it's much easier to meet women with a jawline rather than a bloated sten face.
    couldnt say it better myself...trust me, 140 ripped=NO problem with the ladies

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew

BUT.... 140 ripped = gonna get your ass beat by a dude who weighs 240.....

I'll take the 240 anyday.

mkv213 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0

Yeah Sean, I don't want to knock ya, you look great and very defined but you need to put on some size bro. But maybe you're happy with your physique. Not everyone wants to be huge. I'd still try to put on atleast 10-15 lbs to fill out a little more though. Either way you're looking ripped.

Unoid is offline Member
    10% at 235lbs seems to allow me to see a 4pack and my sides well.

Unoid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    I woudln't consider anyone thats 140 to be ripped, Skinny yes. unless you're 4'-5"?

marcus_arillius is offline Junior Member
    i agree with the developement part i have been as high as 12% body fat and there always there i used to do them like crasy but my obliges (is that how u spell it) started to get to big making my waist looking think. If there not I have to get down to under 6% bodyfat to see all my abs and one of my work out parterners is at 10% and is abs look just as ripped ALL DEVELOPEMENT BRO SO DO THEN HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0

thanks for the imput Chuck..but I'm comfortable enough with my manhood that I dont desire size as means of intimidation to other males.

and also, I've trained in 3 different forms of martial arts since I was a little kid, I can hold my own.

Yeah Sean, I don't want to knock ya, you look great and very defined but you need to put on some size bro. But maybe you're happy with your physique. Not everyone wants to be huge. I'd still try to put on atleast 10-15 lbs to fill out a little more though. Either way you're looking ripped.
    Your right man, and since that picture I actually have gained 10 lbs, definitely looking better, and I do want to fill out, I'm bulking right now and I dont have an ounce of fat on me...just my genetics I guess, but I agree, and I'm gettin bigger!

Oh and P.S. I do want to look like a "Fitness Model", and not Ronnie Coleman lol

marcus_arillius is offline Junior Member
    wasn't bruce lee like 140pds and sorry to everyone on my last post, it didn't really make sence.. i was trying to talk on the phone and type at the same time...mutli-task is me...lol

fanatic is offline Member
    I could see mine when I got up to 15% after surgery. I think it's genetic.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    I doubt you are going to offend anyone, but your comparison is just crazy. No one who weighs 225-240 @ 11-13% is going to want to get down to 140 just so they can be 6% or "ripped". You're comparing total opposites here. Basically you are comparing a bodybuilder to a marathon runner.

For instance, what if you could be 210 @ 8%, would you take that?

Tazwell is offline Senior Member

yea, but atleast you built up a good foundation.. IMO it is a lot harder and takes more time to build quality muscle and strength, cutting is easy once you get a diet down.

you misunderstood that...i didnt mean that a guy who was 240 would drop 100lbs to be ripped.....im comapring 2 differnt people, a guy who lets say is 160 ripped, and a guy who is 220 lean.....i would rather be bigger and lean then small and shredded

I hate to say it but regardless of self defense skills, a bigger man that knows how to basically fight will win every time. I've seen it happen in real life at bars. Look at Bob Sapp for instance. He can beat guys that are much more skilled than him just because he's a big, powerful man that can't be stopped. Law of physics with a large size, strength difference. Especially if the big guy is in cardio shape...That's usually why big guys lose to smaller guys, conditioning. Tyson may have been short but he usually weighed in at 220lbs, strong and ripped in his prime. Not late in his career when he was a big joke. Tyson took Cheq drops before fights...haha....dude is already crazy and that is like throwing gasoline on the fire.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-06-2005 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    yea, but atleast you built up a good foundation.. IMO it is a lot harder and takes more time to build quality muscle and strength, cutting is easy once you get a diet down.
    Your exactly right Taz on the diet. I've finally comitted to my diet and now I'm going on 7 months straight. I've never felt better....Went from 225/230lbs fat to 188lbs in 3 months. Now I am around 200lbs after a test e and tbol cycle. Since I've been dieting/cardio so intense I haven't gained as much muscle as I normally would on a cycle but I am happy about how I'm controlling my lbm. That's really exciting to me since I never have paid this much attention to it for an extended period. You're right, once you get the diet down it's not that hard. Then all you worry about is your muscle building strategy. My next stop is IGF1 in about 3 weeks. I'll keep a journal on that one cuz I'm going full steam on that run. Cell division is nice, I could use genetic alteration at this point in my life.

Thread Information