Molverine is offline New Member

injured, need advice

i pulled my hamstring during spring football for the first time ever. never had a problem with either ham before. i pulled it again last week and camp starts in like 2-3 weeks. i was on prop when i first pulled it and it healed up pretty quick. i was planning on doing just a 10 shot bottle to get a lil pump goin but now that i have done this i dont think i should because from what i understand, they will make me more prone to injury. but i need to heal up quickly to be ok for camp. any advice would be appreciated.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    rest... only thing you can really do... Ia m in the same boat right now... can't do shiet, but just stay off it, stretch, and massage the muscle... recovery time should be quicker...

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    you could get some aflutop...I heard it speeds up recovery.

nomore1324 is offline Associate Member
    well fellas i will have alflutop very soon, so i will let you know how it works guys. i am going to take it for my back cuz this laziness and crap really is drivin me crazy, so im just gonna go ahead and give it a try straight up

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by nomore1324
    well fellas i will have alflutop very soon, so i will let you know how it works guys. i am going to take it for my back cuz this laziness and crap really is drivin me crazy, so im just gonna go ahead and give it a try straight up
    Bump for results with the Alflutop.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molverine
    i pulled my hamstring during spring football for the first time ever. never had a problem with either ham before. i pulled it again last week and camp starts in like 2-3 weeks. i was on prop when i first pulled it and it healed up pretty quick. i was planning on doing just a 10 shot bottle to get a lil pump goin but now that i have done this i dont think i should because from what i understand, they will make me more prone to injury. but i need to heal up quickly to be ok for camp. any advice would be appreciated.
    GET OFF ALL GEAR.. rehab 3 times per day. go in and heat for 20min and ultra sound for 20min then go workout come back in and ice/stem for 20min REPEAT 3X PER DAY make sure to take advil etc. progress slowing make sure to strecth and do lots of leg curls and stiff deads.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    Yeah dude, keeping yourself on the sidelines is one of the hardest things to do, but it's worth it in the end. I injured my elbow from years of pitching and had to take two full years off any lifting to allow the tendons to return to original length, but now I can train hard and not worry about causing myself lifelong problems. Listen to your body, it doesn't yap at you for nothing like your girlfriend on the rag. If you feel pain doing something, stop doing it!

Just MO

Montgomery

Thread Information