spm162 is offline Associate Member

Deca H20 retention

Does anyone know what biochemical pathway causes water retention when using deca ?

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    it's a tough one. i don't know the exact mechanism of hormone induced subcutaneous water retention. beyond the cellular level, i can tell you that deca binds to the progesterone receptor and activates it. the activation of the progesterone receptor causes water to accumulate under the skin, dependent in part on extracellular sodium levels. i can't tell you why the activated PR causes water accumulation though.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    i have a question too does it depend on the person how much they bloat up and is it very noticable or just minimun.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    yes. in the case of deca , it depends on how many progeterone receptors you have and how active they are.

i do not believe tren actually activates the PR otherwise people would get extreme water retention just like deca. Tren may just be an inert binder that has a high affinity for the PR. i can't explain the tren induced gyno though... i still think that's a myth lol, but many people claim to have experienced this.

Thread Information