Zapp is offline Banned

Failing a steroid test

A lot of athletes that fail a steroid test claim they didn't know they were taking steroids . Do you think there are actually store bought supplements that can raise your test levels high enough to fail a test?

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Nothing that I know of. I do think there is a slight chance that a company could taint seemingly harmless supplements with things that will cause a positive test if they manufacture both products. In fact, this happened to an elite level swimmer. Do I think you can test positive for steroids by taking supplements that are tainted, no. Do I think you can test positive for other tainted substances by taking supplements that are tainted, yes.

bigbadbootydaddy is offline Associate Member
    I believe that some cold and allergy meds will also cause a fail.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    but come ON man, no ones taking "Supplements" and "UNKNOWINGLY" ingesting STEROIDS . some prohormones might MIGHT make you fail a test, but...then the atheletes would just say "I've been taking this specific prohormone"..c'mon..........shiet. "oh i'm gaining 4 lbs a day and benching double what i used to be able to... must just be the new PROTIEIN"

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Not all athletes test positive for aas. There are a ridiculous amount of banned substances many of which are available at GNC. If Company A manufactures vitamins and a substance that is banned by a sports body, and some of the banned substance contaminates the vitamins, the user will still test positive. This is exactly what happened to the swimmer I mentioned above. Even went through a trial and everything and the company admitted that it happened.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    well i think most athletes say that they did not know how it got into there body because they do not want the media to get ahold of it and they dont want to admit it....with all the negatives the media gives to roids its just like taking crack or something

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    IMO, it is possible, especially if they are foreign.. like big said a lot of medicines for asthma, allergies, and STD's contain some types of steroids .. some of these athletes probably wont get meds from docs.. trust me, at my work we have a mexican distributor, they used to supply us with inj birth control, antibiotics, creams, and all kinds of other perscription meds from mex.. we had to stop selling them cuz we got to big and couldn't risk it, but tons of other small stores sell it..

if you wern't born here, and got sick or had an ifection, it would seem like an absurd waste of time; to go to a doc, so he can tell you what you already know is wrong with you, give you a perscription from meds you need and have been taking since childhood, and then pay him for this.

its a fxcking shame that the player's organizition doesn't step up to protect their foreign players who also have to deal with a language barrier.. heartless pricks, they just feed them to the wolves.

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    I know an ex pro gymnast (male) at international level and he said every 6 months he was given a massive list of substances he wasnt able to take - some included common cold and cough medicine avalable at any food store. - madness

i'm not 100% sure but i believe that they cant fail a drug test if taking solely testoterone. because there is no "normal" control on which to test against, since some people's body produces a little test naturally and some people's produce significantly more. but dont quote me boy, i ain't said sheeit.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Perhaps they were given pills by their trainer along with all the other pills they take on any given day. If your trainer has been feeding you mulitvitamins, extra vitamin c and other pills,are you really gonna notice and ask about these new little blue pills he's been giving you the last 4 weeks? Probably not, especially if your lifts are going up and your performance as well. On the other hand they could be full of shit and playing the cat and mouse game. When they get caught they have to say they didn't know and deny it anyway they can. Take Palmero, for instance. He said he's never used AAS when he was called to Congress to give a deposition, you've got Canseco saying he gave Palmero shots when they were playing on the same team, and now Palmero gets caught, and says he's sorry, but maintains that he's never knowingly ingested AAS. I call bull shit, he knew and he got caught and now he's apologizing for something he unknowingly ingested? Ahh, I smell bullshit...

TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armwrestler22
    i'm not 100% sure but i believe that they cant fail a drug test if taking solely testoterone. because there is no "normal" control on which to test against, since some people's body produces a little test naturally and some people's produce significantly more. but dont quote me boy, i ain't said sheeit.
    I know you said not to quote you... But I have to, to avoid confusion for some other members. When you are tested for steroids , your epitest ratio is tested. The maximum is 6:1. Anything over that, and there will have to be medical proof that your test should be higher.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    I know of a story were an athlete tested positve for deca and said it was the supplements. They check his protein powder and found traces of nadrolone.

yung-priest is offline Associate Member
    ya my cuzn who is a girl was denied by the army cuz they said she had to much creatine n somethin else, so its possible cuz she sure as hell dont juice

Thread Information