BigMan65 is offline Associate Member

Drinking, cigarettes, and weed

I was wondering how drinking cigarettes and marijuana affect weightlifters on gear. Althought i only drink i thought it would be interesting to hear what other substances can do?

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    I smoke ciggs...It supresses your appetite I guess, and it puts a lot of chemicals into your body that makes it less efficient I would assume.. Weed increases estrogen levels, Drinking decreases testosterone levels

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    cigarettes i'll never touch...i drink on occasion, but not while on oral AS. to me drinking is ok once in a while (maybe once a month), but for the most part it's not really my thing..weed was once my drug of choice, but i have since grown up, and have always seen better results in my training...overall, i think ALL 3 have large negative effects on results..alcohol is quite catabolic, and who wants to go to the gym if they are hungover? to me, i only like to drink if i want to catch a buzz(which is rare)..having a few drinks is pointless to me

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    i love weed with peanut butter

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    weed raises estrogen levels (correct me if im wrong) but some guys say they smoke a bowl b4 they work out, ciggs will supress tha amount of oxygen supplied to your body (to your muscles), drinking bad on ur liver read what tha guy up there said, not sure except its not good on ur liver

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I smoke ciggars on my cheat days and I dont think it affects me

I used to smoke some herb before the gym (actually got busted smoking a bowl driving home after ) I loved how I could feel my contractions better

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    I used to smoke some herb before the gym (actually got busted smoking a bowl driving home after ) I loved how I could feel my contractions better

marijuana reduces o2 supply to the muscles...it's detrimental before a workout

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    all the side effects of Marijuana like, suppressed LH levels, increased Estrogen...etc
    occur with heavy smoknig for long periods of time, but some one who smokes once a week or something like that, i don't think he'll grow some boobs.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    A friend gave me a few tokes off a pipe last Saturday while out on the boat. I haven't done that for awhile so it actually felt kind of good. I was being bad last weekend. I had a cheat day on Saturday too. It was Seafair weekend up here in Seattle, the funnest weekend of the year.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    weed raises estrogen levels (correct me if im wrong) but some guys say they smoke a bowl b4 they work out, ciggs will supress tha amount of oxygen supplied to your body (to your muscles), drinking bad on ur liver read what tha guy up there said, not sure except its not good on ur liver

Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    Why the hell would anyone smoke BEFORE they go to the gym? I understand after the gym to relax but before would just be 100%counterproductive.

lol you quoted my post, did you not read WHY I said I liked it?

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan65
    I was wondering how drinking cigarettes and marijuana affect weightlifters on gear. Althought i only drink i thought it would be interesting to hear what other substances can do?
    Wouldn't the alcohol dydrate you?? The weed make you hungry and eat more?? The cigrates make it harder to breath??Just courious bro's!!

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Man, this is the first weed smoking post that I have ever read without someone mentioning the fact that Arnold used to smoke a little wacky tobacky back in the day. Oh well, here it goes.

Arnold smoked weed when he trained and look how big he got!!

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nevaenuf
    Man, this is the first weed smoking post that I have ever read without someone mentioning the fact that Arnold used to smoke a little wacky tobacky back in the day. Oh well, here it goes.

yeah, but remember hip hop's bandwagon ,and i doubt he was smokin weed like some of these hip hop role models these kids like nowadays these kids nowadays smoke weed like ciggs

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse

Ronnie doesn't smoke weed, and look how much bigger he got than Arnold!

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Reported repeaters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    it s great for bb, y do u ask

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i swear there is a post about drinking or smoking and does it affect you about every other day on here

JAYROD is offline Senior Member

i doubt he smoked while training for a mr. o, i think the shot at the end of pumping iron was him just celebrating.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    is it obvious....no, nevermind drinking and smoking are great for growth

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i would think common sense will tell you that these things are not good to do while doing aas.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Why the hell would anyone smoke BEFORE they go to the gym? I understand after the gym to relax but before would just be 100%counterproductive.
    Some of my best workouts back in the day were when I blazed before. 1 hit of chronic, and an ephedrine pill and I was flying, and concentrated much better on each rep. Many bro's who do this know what I mean. But weed got played out for me, and just grew out of it, still miss it though..

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    i swear there is a post about drinking or smoking and does it affect you about every other day on here
    ditto...and I swear there is a 'no recreational drug discussion' policy on this board...

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    The most inhibiting of growth of the bunch is tobacco. This is the very worst and can actually place a plateau on your growth potential even with steroids . Next in line is alcohol. Alcohol causes big increases in aromatase emzyme thus bigger percentages of your testosterone will turn to estrogen while you are on cycle. The brittish did a study and found there was no estrogen increase with marijuana contrary to popular believe but there is some LH production inhibition. In otherwords while on cycle it might not effect you but you might want to lay off the weed especially when you are in PCT and trying to get your testosterone production back up to par. All three actually are bad, especially for PCT and can inhibit restoration of your natural hormones when you are finished with a cycle.

captain chet is offline Junior Member
    I used to smoke a ton and i found it easier to workout for longer. i dont know if it was that i would fatigue less quickly, or i didnt know i was fatigued. Also, a guy on my track team smokes more pot than anyone i have ever known and hes an all american in the 400m.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Ronnie doesn't smoke weed, and look how much bigger he got than Arnold!

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Reported repeaters will be offended.
    -The Baron-
    yea certainly ronnie is bigger cuz of that...not the evolution of the gear or gh or even supplements and training techniques.

Thread Information