JayceonTaylor is offline New Member

Sprinter Cutting Up

Hey guys got a question regarding getting down to serious levels of leanness.

A quick summary: I started at 245lbs, 6'2 (Body Fat: not a clue but high teens maybe 20%) I leaned out naturally for 8 weeks and came down to 220lbs.

I then took a 2 week break of eating at maintenance, then began again; as of now 2 weeks into the second phase ive come down to 215lbs.

My sport is sprinting and at the moment my performance is starting to suffer, but i know i need to get down to 5-6% body fat if i want to compete like i can, im estimating this would be in the 190-200lbs range.

What im thinking is using low dose test-e 250mg a week (10-12wks), then using winny 50mg EOD (wks 8-12) My idea is that it will help maintain/increase performance whilst dropping the unwanted body fat.

Does this sound like a feasible plan? any input, ideas would be much appreciated

thanks
    Last edited by JayceonTaylor; 08-08-2005 at 10:52 AM.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    Hey dude, sounds pretty good to me. Just one thing though. Are you at risk of being tested? If so, the prop ester may be better for you than the 'e' because it clears faster. And, although I don't think this is true, I've heard claims that prop is the best cutting ester of test. I don't see how this is true since your body cleaves the esters off all the different types to yield the same exact compound - testosterone , which is the only active compound in the solution. This may just be guys confusing fast acting drug with a cutting effect somehow, but again not sure. I figured I'd pass on the testimonial anyway.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    oh sorry bro one more thing. I'm sure you know this but gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time is tough to do; your body opposes itself. test is going to have an anabolic effect on your body, and fat burning is catabolic, so I wouldn't expect to see your weight go down (although maybe body fat comp). A close friend is a sprinter here in Canada. He runs the 100 and 200m and he's already a heavy at 220lbs. It seems like youv'e got a good base of muscle already; if you're more concerned with getting your body fat down maybe just run winny, or winny depot with var, or maybe just get real disciplined with diet and use ephedrine or another high powered fat burner. Just MO.

Montgomery

captain chet is offline Junior Member
    I wouldnt reccomend running winny as a sprinter. Its way to dry for the amount of lubrication your knee joints need while running. Id go with anavar or turinabol i hear is another great choice for track athletes. Also, if you are at risk to be tested. best bet would be to do a test prop/anavar or turinabol cycle at the begining of the summer or your off season to give yourself as much time as you can to get that stuff out of your system. Getting down to 5% means nothing if you lose a year of eligibility...and probably your college track career

Thanks for the quick and detailed replies, firstly i won't be tested. The level i compete at doesnt use testing. So anything is fair game, maybe in 2 or3 years i may switch up depending on how i can improve.

I dont really want anymore muscle, extra strength/power is what i crave. I have spent the last 3 years building my sprinters build. So i saw using the test along with a reduced diet as a way of stripping the extra fat off (partly through far improved nutrient partitioning.

As im open to suggestions how would i run anavar ? length/dosage? In the past ive fully relied on injectables, haven't really paid much attention to the orals

thanks guys, will look forward to the response. btw im 22yrs old

JT

In the past ive done one cycle of test enanthate 500mg per week (12wks) + dbol 25-30mg wks 1-4. Made some awsome strength size gains. I ran this last summer, just thought id give some cycle history.

captain chet is offline Junior Member
    You could run the anavar at 30-40 mg a day for the last 4-6 weeks with some nice gains.. add in some IGF maybe during the last week of your cycle and run it at 40mcg a day for 4-5 weeks throught your PCT and i think youd have a killer cycle for sprinting!

Look up the profile of anavar and i bet you will see that it has all the qualities of a steroid that you are looking for..the increase of red blood cells, lots of strength without a lot of size.. all around probably the best track sprinter steroid.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    As a sprinter you definitely need to drop more weight. As an example, Asafa Powell (the current 100m record holder) is 6'3" 194. You need to be light, lean and incredibly strong. Good drugs would be anavar , oral tbol, test prop/susp, tren a, halo, eq (if you can do a very long cycle), and winny (for short periods due to drying out your joints). But really, you need to drop more weight and train correctly. Also, if you haven't already, drop the bodybuilding style of working out (8-12 reps) and start lifting heavy (2-6 reps).

Yeah the bodybuilding style methods have dropped, im focusing on 2-5 reps for 1-2 sets. My training routine, is based around Charlie Francis' protocol:

Mon and Thurs: Sprints followed by weights

Tue, Wed, Fri and Sat: Tempo runs + Abdominal Work

Im using distances between 20m and 40m at the moment, trying to concentrate on accelaration (as being tall this is what lacks, my max speed (once i get going is pretty much spot on))

I definately hear you on getting the weight down, i was also reading that Olympic and World Champion Justin Gatlin is 6'2 and 180lbs therefore id have to drop close to 35lbs in order to be an equal.

Im positive i'll use the anavar , im really tempted to use the test aswell, but dont want the bloat to hamper my performance.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    If you run the test with anavar you shouldn't get the bloat, especially if you keep the dose at a moderate level and calories around maintanence.

Thread Information