STONES2 is offline Associate Member

Injection Problem

I have been very care to folllow all instruction concerning needle size, cleanliness, ect.

I did a left pec injection about a week ago and and I have developed a hard lump that is pain full. I have been using a heating pad for several days now and because of all that I have read started to take amoxicillan at 1500 mg per day.

I am not sure what the cause is or what I may have done wrong, I have been researching but would appreciate feed back.

Twostones

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    what needle length/guage did you use for pec?

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I did one of those too and when i say 1 thats it.. never again. the pain was agonizing for 10 days. the lump will subside...although made my upper pec look like I inclined pressed about 450lbs..LOL

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    is it red and worn to the tuch?

1 it could be the start of a infection.

2 it could be a knot in the muscle ot scare tissue

trisdog is offline Associate Member
    hey didnt want to start a new post since they are talking about injections i have a quick question.. I know for the glutes you would use 1 1/2" needles.. But for other muscles would it be just 1" , Or can you use a 1 1/2" in a muscle that you only need 1" and viceversa ?

Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    what needle length/guage did you use for pec?
    It was a 5/8 25g for the pec.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    is it red and worn to the tuch?

1 it could be the start of a infection.

2 it could be a knot in the muscle ot scare tissue
    It is red but it dosen't seem any warmer than the other pec.

jesse_james is offline Member
    man you must have some guts to do a pec shot!!! Lol

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STONES2
    It is red but it dosen't seem any warmer than the other pec.

i dont think it's an infection. what i would do is rub it out 2 times a day. this will help lossen up any knot or oil build up. i had a lump in my left glute for 2 weeks. each night i just rubed the spot and now it's better.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Huh... pec shots are quite easy and very nice, but do make sure, as with any other site, that the gear goes deep into the muscle.

I don't understand why the prevelance of short pins used for all these shots... there is no reason to have different lengths, and since you must have 1-1/2" for glutes, why not just buy 1-1/2" pins? Then you don't have to worry about whether or not it went in deep enough. I think the biggest source of trouble, even more than sloppy or unsterile technique in general, is not going deep into the muscle. A proper length pin can solve that. Use pins long enough to do the job, and stick them in to the depth that puts the gear where it belongs.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Reported repeaters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Huh... pec shots are quite easy and very nice, but do make sure, as with any other site, that the gear goes deep into the muscle.

I don't understand why the prevelance of short pins used for all these shots... there is no reason to have different lengths, and since you must have 1-1/2" for glutes, why not just buy 1-1/2" pins? Then you don't have to worry about whether or not it went in deep enough. I think the biggest source of trouble, even more than sloppy or unsterile technique in general, is not going deep into the muscle. A proper length pin can solve that. Use pins long enough to do the job, and stick them in to the depth that puts the gear where it belongs.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Reported repeaters will be offended.
    -The Baron-
    I went in with a 1.5 i think or atleast a 1inch all the way. either the location which i followed right off get**** website or somethign went wrong cause it just hurt for 10 days. i couldnt do anything as far as upper body almost. even squats i couldnt do cause i couldnt pull my arms back to hold the bar. maybe i'll try it again down the road but for now i got 6 painless sites i shoot regularly and thats enough.

Hey Baron belive you are right, it seems that the problem started with the short pin.

No less than 1 inch pins from now on!

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron

-The Baron-
    EXACTLY!! this is the best idea....no more worries about depth...

Thanks everyone!

It means a lot to be able to come here and get sensible advice. I hope as I learn that when I am able to help I will do it in the same respectfull manor as all of you have in this thread

I will keep updating, For two solid nights I have had the heating pad on and been taking 1500 mg of amoxicillin and I do belive the size is shrinking and not as pain full.

Twostones

Buy this evening the swelling has gone down about 50% and a lot less pain full.

Once again everyone thanks,

It's gone !!!!

I am greatly relived.

T wostones

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by STONES2
    It's gone !!!!

I am greatly relived.

T wostones
    Now, go get yourself some 1-1/2" pins and toss all the shorties or give them to a junkie.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

Actually I do have the 1&1/2 just weren't using them because of the bigger gauge but I will change that soon with a 1&1/2 smaller gauge,

but thanks and hope that all who read this thread learned something from my bad experiance.

dtr98 is offline Member
    i use a 1" 25g for pecs with no probs, same for quads, delts and tris.

Thread Information