Montgomery is offline Associate Member

when is too young?

I've been unable to find any real substantial information regarding longterm damage caused by AAS to the development of hormonal patters for later in life. I'm 21, so you'd think my hormonal development is pretty well done, but then again that's a pretty subjective concept. I'm wondering if anyone knows more on this topic; that is - do AAS have the potential to seriously (or minorly for that matter) disrupt a guy's endocrine system later in life if he takes them before his natural hormone axis have finished developing.

Thanks for any valid info bros.

Montgomery

nathanlgd is offline Associate Member
    The perminant effect that AAS has on a young person is to fuse the growth plates so that no more natural growth is possible in the bone structure. So waiting until your growth plates have fused naturaly is a good idea before you start using AAS. Most people say wait 'til your 22/23 until you start to juice. In some peoples eyes, thats too young as well.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    It all depends when you are finished growing I think. I agree with Nathan. I think that you should be AT LEAST 21, usually people are done growing by then and can handle the added stresses of AAS.

-Bino

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    yeah thanks for your input bros. I think I'm good in that respect, as I'm done growing. I'm more curious about hormonal effects in the long run.

Mongtomery

Orion141 is offline Junior Member
    bump, cuz i wanna here what the long term hormonal effects are too

Orion

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about the long term hormonal effects, but here is my take on the age debate...

If you're an athlete who has a chance to get a scholarship, play pro ball, etc. then I think you need to take it. I don't think it is healthy for teens to take it, but considering what is at stake I think it's a necessary risk. For all other reasons, I think you should be at least 25 and have 5 good years of training and diet under your belt. Again, these are just my opinions.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i think 21 is a good age to start, i think 23-25 would be better though. i dont have any evidence but i dont think that using A.S. when ur body is creating so much test on its own can be good. in the long run i dont know how it may **** u up, but it may shut u down and not be able to recover 100%

spooledup is offline Banned
    I kept growing naturally and getting stronger until I was 35.

I personally feel if you're using before your natural test levels are starting to decline then you're taking unnecessary risks and taking the easy way out.

The exception being if you use your body to make a living: Bouncer, police officer (maybe), pro athelete, bodybuilder, etc..

Thread Information