Oceans7 is offline Junior Member

Drinking and Cycling?

OK obviously chugging shots every night is hard on the liver, and adding orals to the mix ... well, nuf said. But is casual drinking really bad on the cycles? O7
    Last edited by Oceans7; 08-08-2005 at 05:54 PM.

rager is offline Member
    I drink sometimes on cycle, make sure you are taking your ALA, Milk thistle and keep it to a minimum... DRINK ON !!!!!!!

I hear ya on the Milk Thistle ... but what's ALA?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why anyone would drink on cycle to add stress to the body/liver, I've no idea. As well, it sure isn't going to help your look any nor muscle gain or fat loss.

~SC~

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I know a guy that bragged to me about drinking while on drol. I thought he was joking but he was serious. That is crazy and wreckless. I see your kidneys and liver are working at full speed trying to detoxify 50mgs of drol then drinking on top of that. Maybe piss some blood or get that yellow tint in your skin from jaundice....ughhhhh.... Not fun sides.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Why anyone would drink on cycle to add stress to the body/liver, I've no idea. As well, it sure isn't going to help your look any nor muscle gain or fat loss.

~SC~
    If you are not competing and you enjoy the liesure why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Oceans7
    Do you enjoy having a healthy liver? I would do injectables only if you have a heavy social schedule that requires drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I know a guy that bragged to me about drinking while on drol. I thought he was joking but he was serious. That is crazy and wreckless. I see your kidneys and liver are working at full speed trying to detoxify 50mgs of drol then drinking on top of that. Maybe piss some blood or get that yellow tint in your skin from jaundice....ughhhhh.... Not fun sides.
    Yep, gotta agree with you 100% if you are on orals ... that's crazy! But what if you are on a moderate Enth/Eq cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Do you enjoy having a healthy liver? I would do injectables only if you have a heavy social schedule that requires drinking.
    yep, definately want a healthy liver. I have blood tests run every 2 months, and if anything look out of place I make amends to address it. so far so good.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hey, do as you wish, I simply stated my opinion on the matter. May want to read it again as I listed reasons. Just because one isn't competing doesn't mean one wouldn't want to lose excess fat and gain lean mass and screw up the ability to do this because of alcohol.

~SC~

Damn Swole has 16K posts....that's crazy....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Hey, do as you wish, I simply stated my opinion on the matter. May want to read it again as I listed reasons. Just because one isn't competing doesn't mean one wouldn't want to lose excess fat and gain lean mass and screw up the ability to do this because of alcohol.

~SC~

Gotcha ... THAT's what I was wondering. If it inhibits lean mass growth and adds fat ... nuf said. THX Bro

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Drinking on cycle is like running a marathon, except that for every four strides you take forward you take one back, then you punch yourself in the face and do the hokey-pokey before taking another four strides.

rager is offline Member
    ALA Is Alpha lipoic acid. Obviously drinking on cycle isn't the best idea, but some people still like to have a life and actually mingle with people. It isn't going to kill you and I dont give a Sht who on this board says it will !!!!!!!!

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rager
    ALA Is Alpha lipoic acid. Obviously drinking on cycle isn't the best idea, but some people still like to have a life and actually mingle with people. It isn't going to kill you and I dont give a Sht who on this board says it will !!!!!!!!
    Actually heavy drinking on cycle "could" lead to death.
    You dont need to drink to be able to mingle and have fun.
    Exclamation marks at the end of a sentence should not be overused.

rager is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Actually heavy drinking on cycle "could" lead to death.
    You dont need to drink to be able to mingle and have fun.
    Exclamation marks at the end of a sentence should not be overused.
    I didn't say one word about heavy drinking? and some people like to actually go out like humans to know and than !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Exclamation marks

rager is offline Member
    Little typo there Now and than night all ....

Yep, gotta agree with you 100% if you are on orals ... that's crazy! But what if you are on a moderate Enth/Eq cycle?
    I would say you could get away with one night of moderate drinking a week on injectables, not orals. If you are at a point in your life where you are drinking a lot, get off juice. When summer is over, hit it hard and don't drink. You'll get much better results. You are wasting money if you are partying and juicing.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-09-2005 at 12:52 AM.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rager
    I drink sometimes on cycle, make sure you are taking your ALA, Milk thistle and keep it to a minimum... DRINK ON !!!!!!!
    Actually there is a study about Milk thistle. HRT doctors strongly suggest their patients NOT take milk thistle because it causes a very big increase in SHBG production which essentially deactivates testosterone and near testosterone hormones. Add to it alcohol which turns the remaining free testosterone into estrogen and the combination essentially ruins your cycle.

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Drinking on cycle is like running a marathon, except that for every four strides you take forward you take one back, then you punch yourself in the face and do the hokey-pokey before taking another four strides.
    Great post I agree!!!

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Actually there is a study about Milk thistle. HRT doctors strongly suggest their patients NOT take milk thistle because it causes a very big increase in SHBG production which essentially deactivates testosterone and near testosterone hormones. Add to it alcohol which turns the remaining free testosterone into estrogen and the combination essentially ruins your cycle.
    what is SHBG?

rager is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Well that is interesting, I certainly have never heard that? Thats why we are on this board ... Thanks. Now what about SHBG with ALA?

Thread Information