chris2wire is offline Member

Hmm, does test increase progesterone?

If so, that may be why I stopped balding once I started testosterone .

However, I thought progesterone produced test, and injecting test wouldn't increase progesterone?

From Tsang's "Crusade on Nutrition" :

The prostate is embryologically the same as the uterus in the female. Research Studies (Listed at the end of this newsletter) have shown that when prostate cells are exposed to estrogen, the cells proliferate and become cancerous. When progesterone or testosterone was added, cancer cell dies. During the aging process, progesterone level falls in men, especially after age 60. Progesterone is the chief inhibitor of an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase that is responsible for converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a much more potent derivative that is linked to prostate cancer. When the level of progesterone falls in men, the amount of conversion from testosterone to DHT increases.

So my question is does injecting test increase progesterone, because that could explain why I stopped balding when I started test....

Well, just an interesting thought.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    When using superfluous amounts of testosterone it in turn would cause your body to increase progesterone as well as estrogen. That is why we take nolvadex as estrogen is another hormone that could reek havock. Not sure if your findings would substanciate reduction of MPB.

chris2wire is offline Member
    Interesting... the main reason I ask is I stopped balding when I started test... and though the top of my head is thinner than the sides, it is no longer becoming even more thinner.

I guess im worried that when I stop test Ill start balding again. Thats why I brought this up.

Thread Information