Samson7 is offline Member

Question Anyone know the price of steroid tests???

Similar to the ones they give in the ncaa...also is there any cheap steroid tests??? If there are, are they specific? I have been wondering all this for a while.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    about $100

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    about $100

would that be the cheap one?? How specific is it? does it tell what kind of juice you are on

well I've seen them run all the way up to about $500 but $100 seems to be more common now that they want to start testing high school athletes. I believe they test for the presence with a GC (gas chromatograph) but don't quote me on that.

Not too sure about the specifics but I've read before that they look primarily for test, drol, dbol , deca , and winny.

im sure it has to be sent away to a lab though right? Because i know they have test for weed that are like 10 buck and you put i dipstick in a cup of piss and if the stick turns a certain color it means they have smoked pot recently. I know that take slike 5 min and there is not need to send the piss to the lab...I would think you would have to send a steroid test to a lab no matter how cheap it is

you are correct, steroid tests go to a lab.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    you are correct, steroid tests go to a lab.
    ya i dont know why i have just been curious of this for a while

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    i thot people always say they wont test for steroids b/c its SO expensive, but i read someoen saying a piss test is 65$, if u can get a roid test for 100$ i dont see tha big deal on testing for it besides that only steroids will show up, not rec. drugs

Kelvin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson7
    im sure it has to be sent away to a lab though right? Because i know they have test for weed that are like 10 buck and you put i dipstick in a cup of piss and if the stick turns a certain color it means they have smoked pot recently. I know that take slike 5 min and there is not need to send the piss to the lab...I would think you would have to send a steroid test to a lab no matter how cheap it is

I actually work as a lab tech for a medical laboratory and I also happen to work in the department here that does drug testing (Special Chemistry). Steriod testing is primarily done on Gas Chromatography or on HPLC (High Proficiency Liquid Chromatagraphy). Both of these methods aren't cheap to run tests on. Second, most labs do not do steriod testing at all. We don't. The demand for steriod testing is not that high and it wouldn't be cost effective for us to do it. Therefore, any tests of that nature get sent out to other labs that do it. Trust me, there aren't that many. When I was doing drug testing for the NGA bodybuilding competitions, I had to send the piss tests all the way to California to do the tests even though they have a lab under the same name here in Florida. That also brings up the costs.

If you are interested in finding out more. Contact Quest Laboratory in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    I actually work as a lab tech for a medical laboratory and I also happen to work in the department here that does drug testing (Special Chemistry). Steriod testing is primarily done on Gas Chromatography or on HPLC (High Proficiency Liquid Chromatagraphy). Both of these methods aren't cheap to run tests on. Second, most labs do not do steriod testing at all. We don't. The demand for steriod testing is not that high and it wouldn't be cost effective for us to do it. Therefore, any tests of that nature get sent out to other labs that do it. Trust me, there aren't that many. When I was doing drug testing for the NGA bodybuilding competitions, I had to send the piss tests all the way to California to do the tests even though they have a lab under the same name here in Florida. That also brings up the costs.

If you are interested in finding out more. Contact Quest Laboratory in California.

Thanks for the feedback bro...im down in fl too.

CrazyorHigh is offline Banned
    here in canada its free

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    it definately is hard to find a lab that can do it. it was $220 and up for the steroid panels

More Information

Thanks for the feedback bro...im down in fl too.

Since you are down here in Florida Samson7, here is more information for you. I checked with our person who works the send out bench here at the lab I work in and she told me this.

If we were to get a steriod profile at this lab, we would package that sample up and send it to Specialty Laboratories (who may in turn do the same thing). Anyways, the cost is $190.00 min. and it would take 21-28 days m-f for you to get a result. The sample type is urine.

Since you are down here in Florida Samson7, here is more information for you. I checked with our person who works the send out bench here at the lab I work in and she told me this.

If we were to get a steriod profile at this lab, we would package that sample up and send it to Specialty Laboratories (who may in turn do the same thing). Anyways, the cost is $190.00 min. and it would take 21-28 days m-f for you to get a result. The sample type is urine.

Thanks man you have had a lot of good info...i appreciate it

gr8gear is offline Associate Member
    I got busted by the NCAA test.......Stupidly I took decca w/ duratest250 & winstrol at the end of the season. Naturally everything was out of my system come next season....except the decca. Long story short, I got busted and yes they knew exactly what I had taken.....the report said norandrolone decanote.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8gear
    I got busted by the NCAA test.......Stupidly I took decca w/ duratest250 & winstrol at the end of the season. Naturally everything was out of my system come next season....except the decca. Long story short, I got busted and yes they knew exactly what I had taken.....the report said norandrolone decanote.

That sucks man how long ago was that

Quote Originally Posted by gr8gear
    Yes, they do have to identify the exact agent that is making your test come out positive. If it doesn't come up on the panel what the exact agent is,then they will keep testing to find out exactly what it is. They don't want any risks of a law suit. How long did it take them to get the tests back? Just curious.

Yes, they do have to identify the exact agent that is making your test come out positive. If it doesn't come up on the panel what the exact agent is,then they will keep testing to find out exactly what it is. They don't want any risks of a law suit. How long did it take them to get the tests back? Just curious.

Just curious do prohormones come up positive in steroid tests? Like remember when there were those nor-andro stacks...I could be wrong but doesnt that convert to nandrolone once it hits the liver??? And if so couldnt that be mistaken for Deca ??? oR LIKE M1T could that show up as testosterone
    Last edited by Samson7; 08-12-2005 at 10:27 AM.

Trainhard is offline Junior Member
    good info here. wish i had some info to offer. But here is all i have for you guys, i am a college athlete and they piss test us randomly a few times a year. and the one guy last year who got busted for juice was busted and it took 3 weeks to know and he was not told specifically what it was.

Booted from the team. Sad story. Wish the supps were legal. ****!

That sucks man how long ago was that
    Two years ago....and it took a little under 3 weeks b4 it came back...should have known better than to mess with decca with the chance of getting tested. Great AS but not for tested athletes

Just curious do prohormones come up positive in steroid tests? Like remember when there were those nor-andro stacks...I could be wrong but doesnt that convert to nandrolone once it hits the liver??? And if so couldnt that be mistaken for Deca??? oR LIKE M1T could that show up as testosterone
    Theres a list of supplements banned by the NCAA...believe it or not supplements like Cell-Tech and some others were on that list. It may have been changed over the last yr or two, but I highly doubt it with the way governing bodies are coming down on the supplement industry. I would presume prohormones like 1-AD (although its not available now) would be banned, but you wouldnt test positive if you took them in the off season. Decca is traceable in your system for upto 14 months, where 1-AD (for example) would be out after a couple of months.

Thread Information