biohazard999 is offline New Member

Thyroid problem solver-t3?

Hey guys, I got a cousin who is a little overweight and she seldom works out. We both know she should work out more, but I'm also thinking that she might have a low thyroid count. No, she hasn't gone to a doctor or anything. I just wondered if anyone had any experiences with t3 on non-bodybuilders?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    She should get her thyroid checked out to know for sure. Normally levothyroxine (t-4) is prescribed, not t3.

judge_dread is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    She should get her thyroid checked out to know for sure. Normally levothyroxine (t-4) is prescribed, not t3.
    Totally agreed...I got prescibed T4 cause I had somekind of hypothyroidism.

redman9 is offline Junior Member
    She
    good advice.. I was uner the inpression that you would take t4 until the thyroid is under control and then t3 is good to take instead after. Is that true?? She may not even have a thyroid problem and then t3 might be great for her?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    If you love her, I know you do, you should spend time with her on a clean diet, cardio and work out program. I lost a lot of fat in short amount of time with a ultra clean diet, cardio daily, weights and determination. Sure, I've known how to train and eat most of my life so it was just a matter of doing it for me. You need to educate her and stress the importance of a lifestyle change. I worked as a sales counsler in a gym for 8 years back in my 20s. I've seen it all and I've heard it all. It comes down to poor diet first then lack of knowledge (work out program) and dedication. I stress diet and dedication first then working out comes easy. This shit is mental more than anything but most people are not mentally strong enough to dedicate to something for a long period. People are lazy by nature and want things to come easy. Once you understand and implement correct diet and proper training techniques, it's automatic and the results seem like they come easy. People like to say "oh, you must just have good genetics". Yeah, I guess all of the time on the elyptical, the relentless diet and training schedule have nothing to do with it?

Funny thing is now, I have to really think about eating bad foods (cheat days) to keep my metabolism off balance. I actually forced myself to eat some pizza last weekend even though it didn't sound good to me. I have a 8 year old boy so that kind of food is around a lot. I also ate a Wopper on my boat last Sunday since me and the gf were in a hurry to get the boat launched and we grabbed something really fast. I took half of the bun off though. Funny how your body gets used to a certain diet then starts to crave different food. My stomach always feels crappy after a cheat meal. I can't wait to eat a nice steak and vegatbles. I know I will feel energetic and sharp after eating healthy.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-10-2005 at 12:57 PM.

biohazard999 is offline New Member
    Yah, I'll have her get her thyroid checked soon. And I will do my best to get her motivated to get to the gym and diet as well! Anyone else have any experiences?

taylor26 is offline Member
    Yeah before anything is done as far as supp taking make sure through doctor everything checks out and definitely try and motivate her to go to the gym.

Thread Information