jhead is offline New Member

milk thistle and glucosamine?

Anyone take milk thistle? I heard its good to use when ur on the bean? Also anyone have any success with glucosamine my joints are killing me im waiting on a bottle of deca . thanks

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    I've only heard of milk thistle keeping your liver clean when on dbol orals. Glucosamine has a cumulative effect, and takes about 3-6 months to notice a difference. Yes, it works.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    milk thistle is good when using any 17aa. not a total protecter, but better than nothing.

DrStacks is offline Junior Member
    yeah, heard that milk thistle is actually toxic to the liver. I thought it was good in my previous stacks with D-Bol but turns out in one of my classes the Dr. M.D. tells me that it can be liver toxic and that in some tests he had run a few years ago people who were tested WITH milk thistle and were on 17AA had higher toxicity levels than people WITHOUT milk thistle. Now I don't know which way to go? My personal Doc (physician) tells me he heard the same thing but he says "probably do it cause you never know? it has always been concidered a good thing."

jbrand is offline Member
    i'm with bigkev here. i have yet to see one shred of evidence that shows milk thistle to be toxic to any degree.

milk thistle contains silymarin (70-80%) one of the most powerful liver-protecting antioxidants known to man. i'll cite a control study if you are interested:

Lang 1, et al.: Effect of the natural bioflavonoid antioxidant silymarin on
    superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity and expression in vitro. Biotechnol
    Ther 4:263-70, 1993

jhead is offline New Member
    Thanks 4 the help! Im gonna try it

Thread Information