RoidGut is offline Member

Exclamation inflating personal gains from a cycle

Hey guys,

I have been reading off of this board for years now and I am always amazed when someone posts a thread like "how much sould I expect to gain?", or "how much did you gain on your cycle?" because of the answers to those questions.

I am by no means flaming, or saying ppl are lying, just saying that sometimes the exagerations tend to give out the wrong message to newbie AAS users. When ppl say they gained 30 and kept 30??? That means, if I start out at 180 lbs, by my 3rd or 4th cycle, I would be right up there with big Ronnie Coleman.

I too have gained 30 lbs off of one cycle, but lets be honest, a great deal was from fat, and water. I have kept probably 15 lean pounds, why not share that with the newbie members who ask.

We are quick to tell ppl not to rush into AAS because we say it is not a miracle drug, but with boasts of gaining 30 lbs and keeping all 30, I would have to say that is one heck of a miracle!!

Again, I did not post this with the intent on flaming, just concerned that it sends out the wrong message to new AAS users who look to this board for answers and info.

Like Peter Parker's uncle told him, "with great power, comes great responsibility"....and this board has a lot of power and influence.
    Last edited by RoidGut; 08-11-2005 at 10:30 AM.

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    I agree with you. I posted in an earlier thread that my BEST gains were 30lbs and I kept 25. I should have clarified that it would be hard to continuously keep making 30 lb gains after several cycles. I am still fairly new to the game relative to some of the bros on here, so I can still make good gains in the 20-25 lb range. I am sure that when I have a few more cycles under my belt that those gains would be significantly decreased.

RoidGut is offline Member
    that's exactly my intent in this post. I was not targeting you or anyone else in that post tho

We tend to leave out the part about gains from repeated cycles being less and less and harder to come by. We also fail to tell ppl that AAS is a lifetime endeavour....you can stop at anytime, but don't expect to look the same as when you are one them. And if you are an aspiring BB, then you better get a lifetime membership to AAS cuz they will be your best friend for years to come.

j-dog is offline Associate Member
    8-man, roid-gut you guys just explained it perfectly. This board is good because people like you guys are honest.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-MAN
    I agree with you. I posted in an earlier thread that my BEST gains were 30lbs and I kept 25. I should have clarified that it would be hard to continuously keep making 30 lb gains after several cycles. I am still fairly new to the game relative to some of the bros on here, so I can still make good gains in the 20-25 lb range. I am sure that when I have a few more cycles under my belt that those gains would be significantly decreased.
    exactly right. the first cycle one does is usually their biggest gains. i have read that it is because your body still had natural growth left. my first cycle i gained about 25, kept about 10-12 of it. second and third i gained about 15 and kept about 10. basically trying to say that your body is not going to keep gaining 25-30lbs every cycle.

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    your body is not going to keep gaining 25-30lbs every cycle.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, there is this kid here at AR that looks like he weighs 140-145 lbs dripping wet. He has been posting stuff like this: "I was just taking test and I gained about 30 lbs total in 5 weeks." Unless he weighed 110-115 lbs when he started his cycle which would by itself be incredibly stupid on many levels.
    I'd say this is complete and utter

The bad thing is like others have mentioned, this sends out the wrong message to the new users who don't know any better. They most certainly will develope unrealistic expectations.
    Last edited by eGGz; 08-11-2005 at 12:27 PM.

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    Yeah, there is this kid here at AR that looks like he weighs 140-145 lbs dripping wet. He has been posting stuff like this: "I was just taking test and I gained about 30 lbs total in 5 weeks." Unless he weighed 110-115 lbs when he started his cycle which would by itself would be incredibly stupid on many levels.
    I'd say this is complete and utter

The bad thing is like others have mentioned, this sends out the wrong message to the new users who don't know any better. They most certainly will develope unrealistic expectations.
    I'm glad to see i'm not the only person doubting this kids credibility

This kid has a thread in the pictures forum and states he's all natural and has gone from 138lbs to 153lbs

In another of his posts he talks about gaining 30lbs during his Test cycle

He gained 30lbs by going from 138lbs to 153lbs?
    He did this naturally during a 5 week Test cycle?

I do not doubt he's natural - Just look at the little fella!

So why is he telling us he's cycled?
    No one is going to be impressed!

The thing to ask is
    Why is he giving out advice on the administration of AAS?
    Last edited by ant_8u; 08-11-2005 at 12:24 PM.

speak is offline Associate Member
    I'm up about 15lbs with two weeks to go and I'm on nolva so hopefully I'm not holding too much water. I am totally happy with that!

Thread Information