Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member

17AA and your Liver... whats the deal?

So, I've been thinking... there must be something other than 6 weeks that guides our oral usage... so lets discuss this, hopefully with people who have some info on it.

Most people say not to go over 6 weeks with a 17AA steroid . Okay, interesting... but what about Var at 1mg a day for a year? Would that be harder on your liver than 365mg in one day? Or is it dosage x days? Or is it regardless of dosage and stricly the number of days... and if so, why? Where does the relationship of days and dosage become more than is safe to do in a stint?

Okay, if this wasn't clear I'll know in the first few replies and I'll reword it.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=83909&

there are a couple of other threads which discuss the hype on 17aa and how it's blown way out of proportion but I can't seem to find them. Not to say you shouldn't run your liver detox and stay safe, but 6 weeks is by no means a max time on.

as far as dose versus time I'm not sure about. I venture to say that 1mg of var/day for a year will neither seriously damage your liver nor would it be worth doing.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    ...... I venture to say that 1mg of var/day for a year will neither seriously damage your liver nor would it be worth doing.

....40mg ED- 60mg ED seems to be the "magic number" that gets me percolating...
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ....40mg ED- 60mg ED seems to be the "magic number" that gets me percolating...
    indeed. I see some guys saying they run like 25-30mg and get great gains. I just can't see that happening. 40-60 is the zone for sure.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Right, I agree. If I were to run a cycle of Var, it would be between 40 - 80mg ed. The thing is, I'm looking for the main contribution to the liver stress. Duration, dosage, or duration x dosage... as in...

Is it a cumulative mg without taking a break where you could exchange a lower dose to extend the period? Or is the period you can use unrelated to the dose?

Thread Information