Thread: Finasteride??

hardcorehulk is offline New Member

Finasteride??

Unfortunately both sides of my family are prone to hair loss... Both my grandfathers and great grandfathers... Planning my cycle and want to start soon but thinking about prop and tren and maybe some letro, nolva, and clomid for PCT.....But is finasteride good to or can it hinder anything? What is a good dose?

transform is offline Associate Member
    Youll need to take finasteride for 3 months before it has its full effect, but even if ya dont have 3 months to wait, it would probably still be better than nothing.1mg a day will reduce DHT by 60%, 1.25mg a day will reduce DHT by 65% and 5mg a day reduces it by 70%, but higher doses like 5mg a day can affect labido and stuff, so 1.25mg a day is probably best. It should help with the prop but i dont think it will help much for the tren . I dont think using it will hinder gains by any noticable or significant amount.

Dutasteride is similar to finasteride, but much better. It can reduce DHT levels by 90-93% Ive read. Im not sure about dosages or anything, but ya might want to look into it if youre worried. Also using nizoral shampoo every 3 days could also help. Good luck

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Finasteride might be recommended in this case, esp since you are using testosterone , which readily converts to DHT.

If you are truly concerned about hairloss, then you picked one of the worst cycles I can think of. Tren is highly androgenic and Test is also highly androgenic. I don't think tren actually converts to DHT, but it will basically have the same effect as if it did. If you have prostate or hairloss concerns avoid tren and use very low test dosages.

Seriously, I suggess you not do this cycle. There are other AASs much better suited for this type of case.

hardcorehulk is offline New Member
    Thanks transform and powerlift. I will definitely take into consideration that advice you both have given. Appreciate the help bros!

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    For testosterone finasteride witn help a lot but not with tren and that is very harsh on the hair for me anyway.

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    Remember bro, finastride when taking with tren or deca will actaully increase loss of hair.

matt2839 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symmetry101
    Remember bro, finastride when taking with tren or deca will actaully increase loss of hair.

Can anyone back this up? I have never heard that using finasteride with tren or deca with increase hair loss. I have heard it will not help prevent hairloss, but never that it will increase it. What is your source for this claim?

juict is offline Associate Member
    you are NOT supposed to take finasteride with tren or deca ...it will INCREASE hairloss............ITS A NO NO!!!

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    matt2839,
    Sorry bro, I don't have any concrete evidence per say but its what i've heard since i'v ebeen in the game for the past 6 years. Ask around and any knowledgable bro can tell you this. If you would like be my guest take it with tren or deca . If you do a search i'm sure you will come up with something.

matt2839 is offline New Member
    The reason I question it, is that you see a lot post on here with alls these different cycles. A lot have included some sort of Test, Tren , and Finasteride. So I wonder if it works for the Test, but increases loss with the Tren if it's just a wash and that's why they do it.

This is the first I have heard of it too, but then again this is my first cycle with Tren so I never really had a reason to research it much. Just kinda curious as to what was behind it. I will no doubt take the advice ( I need ever last hair I have).

Thread Information