Thread: Too much T3

hardgainer23 is offline New Member

Too much T3

I have a friend that is a girl who just called me up and told me she took 200 mcg of T3 on her first day. I have never taken T3 but I know this is way to much. What advice should I give her?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    go to the educational threads and tell her everything you read about t3 in there. You cant do a search for t3 so you have to use the word cytomel

Magnum II is offline Associate Member
    Tell her she's in danger of permanently damaging her thyroid by misusing that med. I never cease to be amazed by people's recklessness when it comes to using meds like this. Screw up your thyroid and usher in misery, in many forms, for the rest of your natural life.

At very minimum, if she won't listen to any other kind of reason, tell her she needs to ramp up her use of Cytomel to see how her body reacts to it. As far as I'm concerned, no one should ever take more than 150 mcg daily. I know some will argue that point but, I wonder if they've read all the research info available on the potential retro-active damage this stuff can do.

Your friend needs help, badly. Do waht you can.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I have heard of hard core guys hitting their mcg per bodyweight in pounds. 220lbs guy using 220mcg of T3. I have not felt the need to go over 100mcg and with tren that ='s alot of sweat.

Tell her to stop taking it. Tell her to buy some supplements that will help like: Natures Sunshine thyroid support and coleus forskolli. It should recover fine, as long as she is not continuing to take a superfleous amounts.

crazykris6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum II
    Tell her she's in danger of permanently damaging her thyroid by misusing that med. I never cease to be amazed by people's recklessness when it comes to using meds like this. Screw up your thyroid and usher in misery, in many forms, for the rest of your natural life.

At very minimum, if she won't listen to any other kind of reason, tell her she needs to ramp up her use of Cytomel to see how her body reacts to it. As far as I'm concerned, no one should ever take more than 150 mcg daily. I know some will argue that point but, I wonder if they've read all the research info available on the potential retro-active damage this stuff can do.

Your friend needs help, badly. Do waht you can.
    I hope that everything works out and it doesn't cause permanent damage bro!

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    A lot of pro BBs have ruinind their natural Thyroid function. I do 40mcgs a day with strict dieting and cardio. It works.

Problem with a lot of women (not all), they want to take some miracle drug that will do it for them. They want the short cut to the benefit. I don't know why it's this way but it seems that way in America. T3 is a DRUG you use along with a clean diet and regular cardio. The results can be amazing. Also doing T3 with no AAS is asking for trouble. T3 will burn everything in it's way including precious muscle tissue. Muscle tissue is what controls our metabolism. Once she discontinues and she has less lbm, she'll get fatter than she was before T3. Your body will acclimate to anything you've done to it after the drug leaves the body.

I think taking 200mcgs once isn't going to hurt her. She should only do 40-60mcgs max. I read some BBs only do 25mcgs/day. Does she work out and eat a proper diet?

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Her thyroid will NOT be peremenantly damaged but she could get some nasty sides from so much. I only use 40mcg T3 and 160mcg Clen .

Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Her thyroid will NOT be peremenantly damaged but she could get some nasty sides from so much. I only use 40mcg T3 and 160mcg Clen.
    What kind of results have you seen on your program? I can already notice my abs becoming more visable with a little more than a week. I eat clean and I do 40 mins of cardio a day after lifting.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    A lot of pro BBs have ruinind their natural Thyroid function.
    Who? And what evidence do you have that suppports that T3 caused this? I've never seen a SINGLE case where T3 has done so. Educate me.

She should be ok. Tell her to monitor her temperature from now on...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Who? And what evidence do you have that suppports that T3 caused this? I've never seen a SINGLE case where T3 has done so. Educate me.
    There was actually a documented interview that was posted in a AR thread last week. I'll try to find it. The unidentified pro BB being interviewed said his thyroid is trashed and he'll have to be on thryoid meds the rest of his life. I believe Mike Matarazzo ruined his thyroid too? He could've had a heart attack from clogged arteries. He had to have surgery to clear it up. He said he is lucky to be alive. That was one big Itallian dude in the 90's. I'm sure that had to do with diet and genetics more than anything.

I've read Tren is hard on natural thyroid production after discontinuance too. Blown, do you know why this is?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-11-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    There was actually a documented interview that was posted in a AR thread last week. I'll try to find it. The unidentified pro BB being interviewed said his thyroid is trashed and he'll have to be on thryoid meds the rest of his life. I believe Mike Matarazzo ruined his thyroid too? He could've had a heart attack from clogged arteries. He had to have surgery to clear it up. He said he is lucky to be alive. That was one big Itallian dude in the 90's. I'm sure that had to do with diet and genetics more than anything.

I've read Tren is hard on natural thyroid production after discontinuance too. Blown, do you know why this is?
    To be honest with you, I highly doubt it was caused by the use of T3...

Perhaps a combination of many things, but doubt very much it was because by T3 consumption.

Also, I believe Tren lowers TBG (thyroid binding globulin) significantly. I'm not positive that this is the leading reason, but it is very common with other AAS, Cortisol, HGH, etc....

Give this a read: http://www.mindandmuscle.net/content/page-197.html

EDIT: Wait, you mean after Tren is discontinued? Perhaps it's because the TBG is still suppressed temporarily? I've never ran Tren, but that would make sense... temporarily I suppose.

To be honest with you, I highly doubt it was caused by the use of T3...

Perhaps a combination of many things, but doubt very much it was because by T3 consumption.

Also, I believe Tren lowers TBG (thyroid binding globulin) significantly. I'm not positive that this is the leading reason, but it is very common with other AAS, Cortisol, HGH, etc....

Give this a read: http://www.mindandmuscle.net/content/page-197.html

EDIT: Wait, you mean after Tren is discontinued? Perhaps it's because the TBG is still suppressed temporarily? I've never ran Tren, but that would make sense... temporarily I suppose.
    Thanks for the read Blown. I'm going to get to it right after this. Yeah, I was wondering why tren had such a marked effect. Lowering the TBG makes a lot of sense. Jeez, tren just taxes your body but the results are great. Do you recommend Tren and IGF1 together? I'm thinking about that for next month. I've never done either before.

Blown, that study at the very end is interesting. They had the subjects lie in bed for 28 days. One group on T3 only and the other on T3+test e....That is good stuff....Thanks.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/content/page-197.html

From a practical standpoint for those concerned that anabolic steroids might suppress the thyroid it is a simple matter to incorporate low dose (25 to 50 mcg/day) T3 into a cycle to enhance fat loss while at the same time only minimally if it all compromising gains in muscle mass (10). In (10) one group of subjects was given T3 alone while the other was given a combination of T3 and testosterone enanthate , 200 mg/week. After 28 days of bed rest, the men in the T3 group lost an average of 3.9 kg of body weight (i.e. from 82.0 ± 7.1 to 78.1 ± 7.1 kg). Body weight in the T3 plus testosterone -treated subjects declined by only 1.0 kg (78.9 ± 4.9 to 77.9 ± 4.9 kg). Lean body mass declined by 1.5 kg in the T3 group, whereas the T3 plus testosterone-treated subjects experienced nearly a 2-kg increase in lean mass (i.e. 1.7 ± 0.9 kg). Of course we don’t know how much mass the test plus T3 group would have gained had they foregone the T3. Nevertheless these are still impressive gains considering the subjects were forced to lie in bed for 28 days with no exercise, and considering that no special dietary measures were imposed to preserve or increase muscle mass.

I've never ran tren or IGF... so I won't comment on either much. Just tell me you're not going to run tren without test.

There may be another mechanism by which tren suppresses thyroid function, but that's the main one that stands out to me......

If anyone else has something to offer, by all means, do so...

I've never ran tren or IGF... so I won't comment on either much. Just tell me you're not going to run tren without test.

There may be another mechanism by which tren suppresses thyroid function, but that's the main one that stands out to me......

If anyone else has something to offer, by all means, do so...
    Oh no, of course not. I will be running 500-750mgs/week of test e.

Thread Information