Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Coleman

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-MAN
    You are joking...right???? No, no...your prolly right. 310 lbs and 4% bodyfat is completely attainable naturally. C'mon bro...you know better than that. He would have to have no myostatin gene or something.
    yea im joking, i just wanted to see what people would say...i knew someone would snap

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by got fina?
    Get the hell out of town.
    Anybody with a little knowledge in fighting would ABUSE Ronnie Coleman in a fight.

And if he stepped into UFC vs someone like shamrock or Gracie they would tie him up in a knot.

I think UFC aint half of what it used to be. The first like 5 UFC's had all the greats.
    After that they started throwing too many rules in there and most of them left.

I think a light weight pro boxer would even throw him a quick beating.
    The UFC and Pride is better than it's ever been now. UFC in it's early years was fun to watch with head butts and crap like that. But the skill level is now at a pro sport level and it should be appreciated. I can watch a fight and appreciate proper submission and reversal skills now. UFC is more stand up than it was in the early years too. That is due to new rules and better conditioned fighters that have good sprawl defense. Look at Mark "The Hammer" Coleman (Hammer House). That guy is a big dummy now. He can't beat any of the new fighters. He's ground and pound old school and not rounded.

BTW, Tank Abbot is a fat washed up brawler that has been exposed many times over the last few years. So what if he's crazy and looks like a tough biker, he didn't adapt and increase his MMA skills. Look at Randy Cotour how he just keeps getting better into his 40's and he learns new stuff all the time.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-12-2005 at 01:01 PM.

trisdog is offline Associate Member
    I absolutey do not think gracie would beat roonie,, gracie would not even be able to wrap his arms around any of ronnies limbs.. and even if he did like i said before all ronnie would have to do is flex, You know how many times I been in submission holds by guys that weigh only 40-50lbs less than me.. I brute force right out of it and laugh.. I do agree if we go by technique ronnie would loose.. But we are talking about basically street fighting.. anything goes.. all ronnie has to do is get a hold of you and your dead meat buddy he'll eat you for his 4th meal of the day

jinos is offline Member
    It's true it depends on the person's skills mainly. When I was in the pen, I saw a 170lb guy take out a 250lb guy with a few kicks and hooks to the face. All he does is work out and people in there get scared of him just because of his size. One day he tried to punk him like any other person and got his a#s knocked around. But since ronnie is a police officer, they do train somewhat in take downs. So I can't say, but I would rather de frank shamrock than Ronnie. JMO.

Sepsis is offline Member
    bob sapp is a big guy, well over 300lbs. he has no technique, just brute strength. in his fight against Crocop (mirko filipovich) who is 210lbs. he took one good left to the face, sat down and refused to continue the fight. i believe that as big as ronnie is, he would suffer the same fate.

j martini is offline Member
    Ok. Everybody seems to have went a little of topic. Was the original question not about what gear he is on, not how he would do in UFC.

Bottom line is Ronnie is a bodybuilder and does not train to be a fighter anyway the guy is very laid back and dosile, i doubt he would have any interest in fighting.

But back to the original topic who knows what he takes but himself and frankly who cares. He has one in a million genetics, put him on 500mg of test a week and he would have a better physique than anyone on this board.

alwayson is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trisdog
    I absolutey do not think gracie would beat roonie,, gracie would not even be able to wrap his arms around any of ronnies limbs.. and even if he did like i said before all ronnie would have to do is flex, You know how many times I been in submission holds by guys that weigh only 40-50lbs less than me.. I brute force right out of it and laugh.. I do agree if we go by technique ronnie would loose.. But we are talking about basically street fighting.. anything goes.. all ronnie has to do is get a hold of you and your dead meat buddy he'll eat you for his 4th meal of the day

I agree

You can't do any move on Ronnie. All the moves in grappling are obsolete against him.

alwayson is offline Associate Member
    Anybody with a little knowledge in fighting would ABUSE Ronnie Coleman in a fight.

And if he stepped into UFC vs someone like shamrock or Gracie they would tie him up in a knot.

I think UFC aint half of what it used to be. The first like 5 UFC's had all the greats.

you are wrong

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    All of you underestimate brute strength. I do not fight profesionally or comeptitively, but I can bench 510, squat 840 now, and deadlift 715 now. I recently got into a little scuffle at a bar with a guy who was around 240 and 6'2". Mind you I am 5'9" and 285, and I threw him around like a rag doll. So if you think Coleman wouldn't be able to hold his own against, lets say the biggest guy in the UFC, roughly 6'7" around 280. You are dead wrong. With the amount of power he can generate, he would do just fine. I am not saying he would win, but think of two titans fighting, a long grueling battle. Neither one of them would be in good shape afterward, but both would do a hell of a lot of damage to each other. I don't know what you kids think strength is, but he has it, and I bet he knows how to use it. You also have to realize Coleman was a Cop for 15 years or more, and I know a couple, have a few buddys who are cops, and they have self defense training, so he def. knows how to handle himself, and when your off season weight is around 340 and you are as strong as he is, he would do fine. I apologize for the longwindedness.

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=trisdog]So i just got finished watching that redemption video.. that guy is inhuman, He looks like he came straight out of a comic book.. QUOTE]
    is this the name of the video? is it on the net, or can you rent it?

ward065 is offline Member
    regarding ronnie being natural.....lol.....didn't he say on Larry King once that he was an "all natural" that's laughable.

But wait. I think his supplements of choice are BSN CellMass, Nitrix and NO Xplode right? he gets huge from that stack! So in effect he is natural

marcinator is offline New Member

Can't agree with you more brother.

Royce Gracie is only 175 pounds and he tapped out Akebono who is over 400 pounds...and Royce isn't even the best MMA in the world....some of those guys would kill Ronnie boy

got fina? is offline Member
    I know im gonna get my ass flamed but im still sticking to my OPINION.
    Ive seen it happen many of times where big mofos get abused by people that know how to fight.
    When u train for as long as some of these fighters have trained size and muscle mean absolutely NOTHING.
    Hoyce gracie knows how to hold u in certain ways where u wont even be able to throw a power shot. He will then take u to the ground and dislocate your ****en arm.

Im sorry but im gonna have to disagree 100%. Hoyce gracie will ABUSE Ronnie and tie him in a knot. Ive seen it done beofore in person and ask anybody that knows about fighting.
    Just my point of view though.......

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    I don't think that Ronnie would do well at all in MMA. I think that the better argument would be a strongman competitor. They are just as strong as Ronnie but their cardio is way better, are more explosive, and can better apply their strength to real life. I still think that a top MMA would dominate either, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Gassy
    I don't think that Ronnie would do well at all in MMA. I think that the better argument would be a strongman competitor. They are just as strong as Ronnie but their cardio is way better, are more explosive, and can better apply their strength to real life. I still think that a top MMA would dominate either, however.
    I compete strongman and Coleman is just too big to compete. There are some events that take some more range of motion then he could ever have due to the size of his muscles. But when it comes to MMA, you have to realize he does have some minimal training in self defense and martial arts, Coleman used to be a cop. I just don't think people realize this, but setting aside the rules of MMA, Coleman would dominate. If he was in a street fight, no amount of training can overcome animal power, and he has that.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Just to stir up the pot a little bit.......I'm sure not everyone in here knew that Ronnie used to be a cop. I think he knows some stuff about defense. Not saying he would nessicarily wipe the floor with their asses, but I think he would have a few things in mind as to what he would do in the situation

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    I'm sorry, I meant that I think that a strongman competitor would do better in MMA than Ronnie would.

I know im gonna get my ass flamed but im still sticking to my OPINION.
    Ive seen it happen many of times where big mofos get abused by people that know how to fight.
    When u train for as long as some of these fighters have trained size and muscle mean absolutely NOTHING.
    Hoyce gracie knows how to hold u in certain ways where u wont even be able to throw a power shot. He will then take u to the ground and dislocate your ****en arm.

Im sorry but im gonna have to disagree 100%. Hoyce gracie will ABUSE Ronnie and tie him in a knot. Ive seen it done beofore in person and ask anybody that knows about fighting.
    Just my point of view though.......
    hahah nooooo way man, first of all gracie would NOT be able to dislocate one of his arms, there is too much muscle holding it there.. and you really are underestimating the strength this guy has, He dont even have to know any technique, all you have to do is make him mad and he will tear your limbs off, I think he would have no problem grabbing an arm and just snapping it in half

"Make him mad and he will tear your limbs off"?

Sure.....A pro MMA fighter would just laugh at that comment. I've seen bigger, stronger dudes get smoked many times in MMA. Even equally skilled because speed and counter are very important in real fighting situations. Now maybe in a street brawl where they are in a environment with other people around or objects.

I'm not talking about 150lb skinny dudes beating 250lb dudes. I'm talking about super heavy weights on the lower end against larger fighters. Let's see....Tim Silvia VS Rico Rodriguez? Right? Silvia is about 6'10" 300 and Rico is 6'1" 240lbs? Rico smoked him....Also that Russian dude, Arvloyski, with the long curly hair. He is very lean and strong but not huge compared to Coleman. He would knock Coleman's head off and shit down his neck. Or that other huge Russian dude in Pride. He's a wrecking machine, can't remember his name right now. He's the dude that ruined Pedro Rizzo the last 2 times with ease. Pedro was the heavyweight champ for a year or so. Crocop too...jeez, these Russians are taking over MMA.

Stick with the NY Bad Ass, Phil Baroni. That short juicer barley won his last fight in Pride and he got ripped by Jeremy Horn the fight before in UFC. Talks a lot of smack but he doesn't look good fighting anymore. He spent so much time doing commentary for UFC. Now he's barely making the card in the fights.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-13-2005 at 11:26 AM.

RoidGut is offline Member
    is this the name of the video? is it on the net, or can you rent it?
    The name of the video is "Cost of Redemption". I downloaded it using limewire.

He has another video showing his prep for the 2003 Mr.O called "The Unbeleivable". That one is amazing as well.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Dis anyone see Bob Sapp VS Mirko Crocop?!?!

BUM, one hit in the liver area and it was all over!

I'm a HUGE fan of Ronnie but come on guys, fighting in the ring with trained fighters

And lets not forget the fact that he would be out of breaath in a minute or so

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    Dis anyone see Bob Sapp VS Mirko Crocop?!?!

BUM, one hit in the liver area and it was all over!

I'm a HUGE fan of Ronnie but come on guys, fighting in the ring with trained fighters

And lets not forget the fact that he would be out of breaath in a minute or so

I couldnt have said it better.
    I dont think some of these people ever seen a UFC tournament.
    I live in NYC and seen this one skinny kid at a club one night that totally abused a huge bouncer outside that got stupid. I guess this kid knew his shyt becuase the big dude just threw one punch and then got hit like 15 times. Anyways he got his face destroyed. Nose was gushing all types of fluids.........
    I loved it........

I couldnt have said it better.
    I dont think some of these people ever seen a UFC tournament.
    I live in NYC and seen this one skinny kid at a club one night that totally abused a huge bouncer outside that got stupid. I guess this kid knew his shyt becuase the big dude just threw one punch and then got hit like 15 times. Anyways he got his face destroyed. Nose was gushing all types of fluids.........
    I loved it........
    I live in brooklyn.. But what I notice ALOT of the bouncers are just FAT and they swear they are deisal.. they are fat pieces of shit, I wouldnt really go by that.. I mean I have seen kids that looked skinnier **** up really big guys.. but the thing is when you get a certain age and have a certain amount of muscle on you.. no matter what ... you can do some damage.. I'm possitive with 1 hit I can knock almost anyone out.. what im trying to say is I dont think ronnie would be invincible in UFC, but i do think he would do pretty good.. definately win 1 or 2 fights i think. But a lot of you guys say he has no chance, I think you are underestimating brute force strength

chris2wire is offline Member
    Its sad though, his obsession is going to lead him to a very very young death.

Is it really worth it Ronnie?

And dont think you can take the easy way out like Arnold and get heart surgery, because when death comes knocking theres no time to go schedule a surgery.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Bob Sapp in K1 is enough to settle this debate. Sure, Sapp was the heavyweight champ for awhile but the last few he won were BS. Especially the one against Kimo, a much better fighter. Kimo was straight kicking Sapp's ass and he got knocked down. Now Kimo is no small dude, he's a 250lb Hawaiian dude that has been in MMA for years. One of the pioneers of UFC. He's in good shape too but he knows how to fight. THey let Sapp rest for like 5 minutes to catch his breath then he came in and bum rushed Kimo and eventually got him. But he barely won and he looked like shit at the end.

Now the 350lb Sapp loses every time to the top tier fighters. He got his ass beat by that black dude with the flat top. He can't win anymore. It's actually scarey watching these good fighters tee off on his head with kicks and punches. He could get serious brain damage if he keeps taking blows like that from pro kick boxers. He's just too big to get his defense up and protect his head. He gets winded so easily too. He looks like he's going to have a heart attack.

Or wait, is Sapp 400lbs?
    Yes - Sapp is 380-400 depending on the fight... this is a prime example of a BEAST of a man getting in the ring with people that can actually fight. Ronnie Coleman would get the shit kicked out of him in the UFC, Pride or Boxing for that matter. Hes freakishly strong, yes, but there are PLENTY of submission holds that will instantly render the strongest of men helpless. A man of that size and sluggishness will also eventually go down after a good amount of blows to the head. Coleman wouldn't last an entire fight with ANY UFC fighter. Stupid debate.

IFRISBEE your absolutely rite my friend.

I cant beleive anybody would think otherwise. I think skill in fighting will win over brute force. U have to learn how to use the power.

Theres guys that could bench over 500, while lightweight boxers cant do half of that and some of them will take your head off one shot, maybe even kill u one shot.

Stupid debate but im glad someone sees it like me.....

King David is offline Junior Member
    i say he takes just about everything under the sun

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    My dad can beat up your dad.
    My dog is tougher than your dog.
    Ronnie coleman can beat up ..... oh never mind.

Undertow is offline New Member
    "Make him mad and he will tear your limbs off"?

Sure.....A pro MMA fighter would just laugh at that comment. I've seen bigger, stronger dudes get smoked many times in MMA. Even equally skilled because speed and counter are very important in real fighting situations. Now maybe in a street brawl where they are in a environment with other people around or objects.

I'm not talking about 150lb skinny dudes beating 250lb dudes. I'm talking about super heavy weights on the lower end against larger fighters. Let's see....Tim Silvia VS Rico Rodriguez? Right? Silvia is about 6'10" 300 and Rico is 6'1" 240lbs? Rico smoked him....Also that Russian dude, Arvloyski, with the long curly hair. He is very lean and strong but not huge compared to Coleman. He would knock Coleman's head off and shit down his neck. Or that other huge Russian dude in Pride. He's a wrecking machine, can't remember his name right now. He's the dude that ruined Pedro Rizzo the last 2 times with ease. Pedro was the heavyweight champ for a year or so. Crocop too...jeez, these Russians are taking over MMA.

Stick with the NY Bad Ass, Phil Baroni. That short juicer barley won his last fight in Pride and he got ripped by Jeremy Horn the fight before in UFC. Talks a lot of smack but he doesn't look good fighting anymore. He spent so much time doing commentary for UFC. Now he's barely making the card in the fights.
    Actually, Sylvia knocked Rodriguez out cold. Maybe you're thinking of Frank Mir vs. Sylvia, in which Mir broke Sylvia's arm in around 40 seconds. Arlovski is also a beast and has improved skillwise at a ridiculous rate. I'd say Crocop would eat Ronnie for lunch...there's no way Coleman could handle the power of Mirko's punches or kicks, just like Bobby Sapp. You guys are also overestimating the self-defense training police receive. My brother is a cop and the actual training is minimal. His brute force would help against grapplers, no question. A couple punches or kicks to the face would be another story. Crocop broke Bob Sapp's orbital bone with one punch, and Bob Sapp is another monster of a man. I can't see the result with Coleman being any different.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Back to the meaning of the thread you whores. Ronnie atleast 2-3.5grams of test with 10+iu's of gh with 100+mcg's of igf-1. Plus all the regulars tren , dbol , drol, var, and maybe more maybe less no one knows.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    all i know is that i have seen some big 300 pound plus guys that benched 400 pounds that couldnt hit to save there life, ive also seen some 135 pound people who could hit harder then i could so size in my oppinion is just intimidation i think anybody with half of a brain fighting against ron coleman would just work the circle around him for a min and he would be on the ground out of breath, sure he is a big bastard but if u cant breathe you sure as hell cant fight. id def pay to see him in the octagon though

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    ill take him on in the ring, ill bite his ankles and poke out his eyes

gr8gear is offline Associate Member
    brut strength is brut strength.......all ronnie would have to do is wrap one of those guys up and squeeze the sh*t out of them...

Quote Originally Posted by gr8gear
    brut strength is brut strength.......all ronnie would have to do is wrap one of those guys up and squeeze the sh*t out of them...
    Good call. A vast majority of the peolpe who have been posting I can only assume are under 250lbs, so the sensation of being hit by someone who is 300lbs just isn't there. Regardless of training, regardless of speed, the fact that he can generate so much force (for those of you who are so inclined to do the math F=m*a. . .basic mechanics) will play a huge role in how he does in a fight. And the fact that there are only a handful, if that, of fighters in the UFC, Pride, or Boxing who are over 300lbs and can generate the force Ronnie could with one hit, they will never know how it feels to be pummled. . .as it were. Not to mention, has anyone here seen Ronnie move around except posing or in a gym; I know I haven't. So we can't assume anything about his speed, he may have a very large percentage of fast twitch muscle all over his body (and I bet he does based on the way he lifts) with which comes speed. Speed is something you are born with, so until someone decides to challenge him to a fight and take one for the team, we will never know, so why waste the breath making assumptions about something you truely have no idea about?

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow
    [b]Actually, Sylvia knocked Rodriguez out cold. Maybe you're thinking of Frank Mir vs. Sylvia, in which Mir broke Sylvia's arm in around 40 seconds. Arlovski is also a beast and has improved skillwise at a ridiculous rate. I'd say Crocop would eat Ronnie for lunch...there's no way Coleman could handle the power of Mirko's punches or kicks, just like Bobby Sapp. You guys are also overestimating the self-defense training police receive. My brother is a cop and the actual training is minimal. His brute force would help against grapplers, no question. A couple punches or kicks to the face would be another story. Crocop broke Bob Sapp's orbital bone with one punch, and Bob Sapp is another monster of a man. I can't see the result with Coleman being any different.
    No, that was a foul if you remember and Rico got the win? I think Silvia stomped his head or something? I can't remember? I should check the UFC site. Wait, I think you may be right? Frank Mir, local Vegas boy..... Sorry if I got that mixed up....thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftgod84
    Good call. A vast majority of the peolpe who have been posting I can only assume are under 250lbs, so the sensation of being hit by someone who is 300lbs just isn't there. Regardless of training, regardless of speed, the fact that he can generate so much force (for those of you who are so inclined to do the math F=m*a. . .basic mechanics) will play a huge role in how he does in a fight. And the fact that there are only a handful, if that, of fighters in the UFC, Pride, or Boxing who are over 300lbs and can generate the force Ronnie could with one hit, they will never know how it feels to be pummled. . .as it were. Not to mention, has anyone here seen Ronnie move around except posing or in a gym; I know I haven't. So we can't assume anything about his speed, he may have a very large percentage of fast twitch muscle all over his body (and I bet he does based on the way he lifts) with which comes speed. Speed is something you are born with, so until someone decides to challenge him to a fight and take one for the team, we will never know, so why waste the breath making assumptions about something you truely have no idea about?
    Depending on if the bigger knows how to fight and if he's quick enough to defend himself against a skilled fighter. I agree, the bigger stronger guy with equal or better fighting skills will win. We're talking about big dudes with limited to sub average fighting skills fighting top notch, pro fighters in great shape.

This doesn't equate to a bar fight. About 12 years ago at 220lbs (juiced) I broke a dude's nose in a bar that was 6'6" or taller and around 275lbs. He was a lard ass but much bigger than me. I am 5'10", nothing special. Seattle homicide (yeah, the cop said he was in the "homicide" division) actually called me a few days later saying the dude wanted to sue me cause he had to have plastic surgery. I had witnesses at the club that saw the drunk giving me shit and bumping me. Never heard a thing after that. One of his friends got my license plate # after me and my buddy got out there. I hate fighting and haven't been in a real fight since then. It's stupid and immature but you have to protect yourself. I was trying to talk to my buddy and some big drunk kept bumping me and saying shit in my ear. You can only be a bitch for so long....

Depending on if the bigger knows how to fight and if he's quick enough to defend himself against a skilled fighter. I agree, the bigger stronger guy with equal or better fighting skills will win. We're talking about big dudes with limited to sub average fighting skills fighting top notch, pro fighters in great shape.

This doesn't equate to a bar fight. About 12 years ago at 220lbs (juiced) I broke a dude's nose in a bar that was 6'6" or taller and around 275lbs. He was a lard ass but much bigger than me. I am 5'10", nothing special. Seattle homicide (yeah, the cop said he was in the "homicide" division) actually called me a few days later saying the dude wanted to sue me cause he had to have plastic surgery. I had witnesses at the club that saw the drunk giving me shit and bumping me. Never heard a thing after that. One of his friends got my license plate # after me and my buddy got out there. I hate fighting and haven't been in a real fight since then. It's stupid and immature but you have to protect yourself. I was trying to talk to my buddy and some big drunk kept bumping me and saying shit in my ear. You can only be a bitch for so long....
    My point being, we cannot assume anything about Ronnie Coleman, because no one here had first hand information regarding his speed or his ability to defend himself. Based on his strength and the amount of force applied, he would do some damage. And I have seen some so called "skilled" fighters be taken down by a less skilled, slower, yet stronger (myself) person. It is all relative, I just fail to see the point in trying to wonder about it, when we really have no idea.

My point being, we cannot assume anything about Ronnie Coleman, because no one here had first hand information regarding his speed or his ability to defend himself. Based on his strength and the amount of force applied, he would do some damage. And I have seen some so called "skilled" fighters be taken down by a less skilled, slower, yet stronger (myself) person. It is all relative, I just fail to see the point in trying to wonder about it, when we really have no idea.
    Damn, I would pay for that PPV just to see him fight....hehehe....wait, I don't have to pay, I have a Pansat (Dish Network) receiver.....

Damn, I would pay for that PPV just to see him fight....hehehe....wait, I don't have to pay, I have a Pansat (Dish Network) receiver.....
    I think most of us would pay to see him fight, or steal from the network to see him fight. If you know a little about electronics, and have digital cable, and feel like dismantling your digital box, with a few mods you can get any channel you want.

I think most of us would pay to see him fight, or steal from the network to see him fight. If you know a little about electronics, and have digital cable, and feel like dismantling your digital box, with a few mods you can get any channel you want.
    Hmmmm, I'm interested but I thought digital cable can knock out your hacked box and make it useless? I know Dish will be switching to Nagra2 real soon so that would be my next step. I ran DirecTV Rom 2/3 cards for many years before Pansat. Funny thing is, I hardly watch TV. My gf and kid watch it most of the time. I'm usually on the computer or at the gym if not working.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information