Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    smegs is offline Member

Death from steriods

I've recently came across some bad news. Someone I know (not very well) recently died from a combination of different steriods + cocaine + alcohol.

He was a steriod user for ~5 years, 33 years old, although suffered from depression.

I just want to remind everyone, especially the new guys, that steriods are very powerful drugs and should be used with the highest percautions.

this thread is not being posted for any sympathy...just a friendly reminder.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smegs
    I've recently came across some bad news. Someone I know (not very well) recently died from a combination of different steriods + cocaine + alcohol.

He was a steriod user for ~5 years, 33 years old, although suffered from depression.

I just want to remind everyone, especially the new guys, that steriods are very powerful drugs and should be used with the highest percautions.

this thread is not being posted for any sympathy...just a friendly reminder.

ye i wouldnt think thatd be too healthy combining even just 2 of those but all 3 will certainly cut u short

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear about your friends passing.

EDIT: what was the determined cause of death?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I know of 3 guys in the past 3 years that have died from the same combo. Juice is the least of the cause of death. All of these guys I knew did SHIT LOADS of coke, ecstasy and lots of booze. Now add up all that crap that is assaulting your liver and kidneys and think about lowly little juice (injectables) in that ratio. Alcohol is HORRIBLE on your body and a liver terroist. Coke stresses the shit out of your heart as well as x. Ecstasy is meth, yes meth. A lot of people don't know that but it's an altered form of meth. So basically a trailer park drug.

It's funny how juice always gets the blame when someobody dies from overall and constant abuse of their body from dangerous recreational chemicals. Legal and illeagal. People just want to blame juice when a big crazy guy goes into the grave cuz they want to use it as a excuse why he died. They want to say "see, that roid head died from juicing". When they never want to give credit to the hard work and diet that it took to get in good shape. Yeah, a shit loads of gear (abuse) isn't good on your insides but all the other crap is what really kills these maniacs.

Some people are just self destructive and you can't do anything about it. I know a few and I hope the best for them but it's their life.

One guy was my ex roommate. Dude was truley crazy. He even told me when he was 25 he wouldn't live to be 30. He died at 32 of liver failure. One guy was a popular local gym owner and one of those guys on that religous power team (irony). He was about 45 years old. The other guy was just a plain maniac and bad ass I suppose. He died around 42. All did coke, all types of drugs and booze with lots of juice... Your body isn't going to take that kind of abuse forever. That is proof.

Young guys, you're not indestructable. I know another guy that had his colon removed and a new one reconstructed out of his small intestines. Another crazy guy.. Lots of drugs and same combos mentioned above. He had that done at 23 and now he's 25. You get one body with no replacement parts, take care of it. Oh, and he still partys and does a little juice. Not as much as before but he still does it. What is wrong with some people????
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-11-2005 at 08:25 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Seems to me that cocaine and alcohol are a whole h*ll of a lot worse than AAS!

~SC~

Samson7 is offline Member
    Pretty sure thats what got Ken Caminiti last year

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Seems to me that cocaine and alcohol are a whole h*ll of a lot worse than AAS!

~SC~
    Thats my take on it as well.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Seriously, the title of this thread is very mis-leading. "Death from steroids ".......

but he was also doing coke, drinking, was depressed (so probably did a LOT of both of those) etc.....

Yet, steroids are to blame? Pffft........

~SC~

jinos is offline Member
    That's how Paul Demayo died (heroin overdose). They use to call him quadzilla. Why do so many BBer's that take AS use pain killers? 5 pros I know personally drop ecstacy like nothin. He always tells me, " Do as I say, not as I do." Good trainer but scary sheit when I see him drop and drink.

ward065 is offline Member
    SC, it's possible it could have had an impact.....as seattle junk said alchohol can be bad to the liver, if you add in lots of orals (drol, dbol , etc) it could add insult to injury i suppose.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Death by Steroids ? This sounds like the kind of stuff I would read in the media. Guy does lots of coke and drinks lots of alcohol, dies from steroids.

Anyways, I am sorry your friend died, that does suck. But I really doubt steroids were the cause of his death.

trisdog is offline Associate Member
    without the steroids he might of died sooner dont you think?

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trisdog
    without the steroids he might of died sooner dont you think?
    Any posts on whether he would have died sooner or later if he had / had not taken steroids is mere speculation.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Its medical fact that there have been zero deaths directly related to AAS. Zero.
    now AAS/Coke/Alcohol is different, that is not "Death By AAS" bro

Uconish is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    Death by Steroids ? This sounds like the kind of stuff I would read in the media. Guy does lots of coke and drinks lots of alcohol, dies from steroids.

Anyways, I am sorry your friend died, that does suck. But I really doubt steroids were the cause of his death.

Exactly....This is what is wrong with the media and society today. Yes, anabolics are a drug. Yes, anabolics are powerful. However, from personal experience, i never have felt the amont of stress from anabolics as i did from cocaine use and drinking. Cocaine is very poerful drug. In fact, in my opinion, it is the worst drug. The problem is, people heard this thread and think the anabolics killed him. The government sees these types of incidents, and then feles that they must take action against anabolics. I feel that more action must be done to rid adolescent and adult use of drugs such as tobacco, alcohol, cocaine. etc. The amount of lives that are lost to steriod use will never amount to a 10th of the amount of lives as the other drugs. In fact, according to Real Sports, there has never been a single death caused by anabolics.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Death by Cocaine, Alcohol and whatever destructive habits...

A better body from Steroids ...

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I dont think steroids are to blame here. Probably the mixture of coke and alcohol! Everyone seems to think steroids are the worst in the bunch

STONES2 is offline Associate Member
    OK! I am chirpiing in on this little song, If he had been a pro athlete and had drinking and drug problems he would have been a victim and needed help.

Steroids ? he was an evil cheater and would recieve fines , suspensions and been shamed for the rest of his life.

As a 46 yr old with a long history of being in the penitentry and living a life on drugs (12-28) all of my friends who have died and all the guys who died I heard about in the joint were all DRUG RELATED not steroids.

It was his body. Period.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Bump for the actual cause of death.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    cocaine + alcohol + steriods

i have to say if you ask me he was self Destructive. this guy would have died with or with out the steroids .

SORRY TO BE SO HARSH.

promiscio is offline Member
    I knew a guy who had a heart attack on the bench press who was only 19yrs old. He took steroids and frequently did cocaine... I think he was actually dumb enough to do the coke before he worked out...

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    The steroids had nothing to do with it. I would have to guess it was the cocaine.
    thanks for the reminder though... however, "Death by AAS" ??? WTF????

colossus1 is offline Member
    Death from stupidity. Sorry, the truth hurts.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    again wat was the actual cause of death?

colossus1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    again wat was the actual cause of death?

Yes. Lack of self-love.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    how stupid can one be to do rec drugs with aas?

Lets see...... let me lower my HDL and raise my LDL with AAS..... then take coke and speed up my heart..... then let me take some oral steroids ..... and go out and party & drink.....

stupidity.....
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by colossus1
    Yes. Lack of self-love.
    im all for self love but im finding my right arm is outgrowin my left at an astonishin rate!

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    how stupid can one be to do rec drugs with aas?

Lets see...... let me lower my HDL and raise my LDL with AAS..... then take coke and speed up my heart..... then let me take some oral steroids ..... and go out and party & drink.....

stupidity.....
    I agree. AAS would have contributed to his death, but i would say maybe 10%, cocaine and other mind altering substances 70%, alcohol 20%. Very misleading thread title, when i first jumped in here i thought i was going to hear of some guy shooting 3cc of test directly into his schiatic nerve or something, but nah the poor guy did too much cocaine and drank too much booze.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Dude, do you all know what cocaine does? My buddy, a butcher I work with use to do it all the time. He would take it and be up for THREE days straight just trippin. When he was comming down off those 3 days he would take some more and be up for a WHOLE week total. He said when he came off of it he would pass out literally instantly and wake up 16-24 hours later. How good can that be for your body?

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MER
    Dude, do you all know what cocaine does? My buddy, a butcher I work with use to do it all the time. He would take it and be up for THREE days straight just trippin. When he was comming down off those 3 days he would take some more and be up for a WHOLE week total. He said when he came off of it he would pass out literally instantly and wake up 16-24 hours later. How good can that be for your body?
    Your heart and brain wouldn't take much of that.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I better get off the coke and jd.

fak...

mind you im not running gear anymore so....

FUK IT!! ITS FRIDAY WHERES HEAVY!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    I better get off the coke and jd.

fak...

mind you im not running gear anymore so....

FUK IT!! ITS FRIDAY WHERES HEAVY!!!???
    8 ball master......

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Very misleading thread title. I hope you don't believe that steroids are the cause. Thats still unfortunate however.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Steroids did not have anything to do with his death. Now speedballing in a sense with cocaine and alcohol would kill someone, he did not die slowly he died quickly because of the combination of speed/downers.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Death from steriods = no

Death from stupidity = yes

rocksteady79 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    Death from steriods = no

Death from stupidity = yes
    I agree with you bro!

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    "recently died from a combination of different steriods + cocaine + alcohol."

Why is the title, "Death from steroids "?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    People are too quick to point at the alcohol and coke. If you think steroid abuse can't kill you, then you are an idiot. No offense.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    People are too quick to point at the alcohol and coke. If you think steroid abuse can't kill you, then you are an idiot. No offense.
    "Steroid Abuse " can kill you. Responsible steroid use will not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information