fitnessNY is offline Senior Member

Bloodwork -- red blood cells too high -- how do I lower them?

I just had bloodwork done and the doc said my red blood cells are way too high. I finished a cycle 1.5 months ago. How do I lower them to a normal level?

SF7thGrp is offline Junior Member
    What were you taking for your cycle?

deca 400mg for 12 weeks and test 750mg for 18 weeks.

SF7thGrp is offline Junior Member
    I have been on alot more than that before for a cycle. And I get my blood checked twice a year. And It always comes back with high colestrol but they never sad anything about me having a high red blood count. Now one time I bought from a UL and got a severe headache for about a week. I went to the emergency room and they told me I had a high white blood count and I had to stay there for almost two weeks wile they pumped me with antibiotics. They sad I had a bad bacteria in my body. Now I dont know if it was from the UL AAS or from something else. But I never head this problem until after I used them. I dont know why your red blood count is still so high.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Donate blood,this will lower your count significantly

Big M is offline Associate Member
    go on a veggie Diet

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    Donate blood,this will lower your count significantly
    He's absolutely right.

mr.mayhem is offline New Member
    Your red blood cell count could also be elevated from sleep apnea (stopping breathing while sleeping). This is sometimes amplified when taking AS. You may not even know this is happening. Your body compensates for the lowered oxygen levels by increasing the red cells (which carry oxygen). Its not really a big deal unless you start feeling tired during the day. When your off of AS, the apnea may subside, and your red blood cell count will lower. Not a big deal.
    Other than that, it could be your diet.
    You should get your blood checked a couple times a year just to let you know what is going on.

Deca increases your red blood cell count, don't know much about sleep apnea but the combo might be bad. Don't know why a high red blood cell count is bad either, they carry oxygen through your blood.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Devldog and toolman are on the money. I have had to donate blood twice before, b/c of a high red blood cell count.

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Devldog and toolman are on the money. I have had to donate blood twice before, b/c of a high red blood cell count.
    All of you guys beat me to it, I completely agree. Also, not only will you take care of your high red blood cell count, you could save a life.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Defconx3
    All of you guys beat me to it, I completely agree. Also, not only will you take care of your high red blood cell count, you could save a life.
    Look at the contributions bbers make. We Save Lives.

THanks for the input guys ---- looks like I will be donating blood in the near future.

BTW -- How much blood do they draw out when you donate?

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    1 pt

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Khadafi
    Deca increases your red blood cell count, don't know much about sleep apnea but the combo might be bad. Don't know why a high red blood cell count is bad either, they carry oxygen through your blood.
    deca raises hemocrit levels (red blood cell count), but so do most steroids (including test). the higher it gets, the thicker and more soup like your blood gets, putting more strain on your cardiovascular system, increasing clotting risks, heart attack etc.. it doesn't matter how much oxygen your blood carries if it isn't flowing anymore. if your hemocrit is too high, and you work out hard without rehydrating, your blood will be so thick your heart simply can't pump it. this is an extreme situation usually only seen with EPO use, but high hemocrit levels magnify all your other steroid related heart risks.

make sure your multivitamin is ironfree, and follow devildogs advice.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    did the doc order more lab work for you? although erythrocythemia can be caused by things such as AAS and sleep apnea. sometimes the source could be a malignant, neoplastic bone marrow disorder. sometimes though your leuks and platelets would be elevated as well. hopefully it'll decrease as time passes from the end of your cycle. take a low-dose aspirin in the meantime. since there is a higher risk of claudication, low-dose aspirin has been shown to help prevent thromboembolic events.

Thread Information