Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bench press???

THEGAME187 is offline Associate Member
    Ur bench will go up depending on ur trainin routine as well, if u are lookin into powerliftin which i used to do at one time u need a good spotter for negatives and to pack on the heavy weight just to feel it out!

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    WEll, if you push too much weight too fast, you will tear a muscle. Your muscles recover faster, but your contective tissue does not get as much blood flow as the rest of your muscles. That is how some of the top body builders, powerlifters, and weekend warriors rip their muscles from the point of origin or insertion.

Yeah your muscles feel great, but be careful of your joints and conective tissue. go for the little lighter weight and the pump...also, try to include a few forced reps.

G-S Guest
    Originally posted by Iron horse

Don't fight over nothing guys. Getting Stupid, your thirty dude, show it by not reacting; and if you must do it threw PM's.

let's all just except each others opinion.
    I respect and listen to everyone's opinion. Mine was the one not accepted.

THEGAME187 is offline Associate Member
    Ur bench will go up depending on ur trainin routine as well, if u are lookin into powerliftin which i used to do at one time u need a good spotter for negatives and to pack on the heavy weight just to feel it out!

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Here's my $.02 incase anybody gives a shit.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the bench press is an insignificant exercise. It might not be the best for building a huge chest but it is an effective exercise otherwise nobody would be doing it. I think a lot of people put too much emphasis on "how much you can bench." I sort of do it as well, one of my goals is to bench 300lbs and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

This whole discussion about ego's and weight is pointless. There are plenty of guys out there who can bench more than me and I have twice the chest they do. Some people like to throw weight up and some just worry about how they look physically so I don't think it's fair to compare the 2. Do whatever the fuck you want, it's your body.

As for injuries, you can get those doing any movement. I don't see how one movement is more risky than another. I was killing myself at the gym on Sat with heavy weights and everything was fine, then I pulled a muscle in my back getting off the couch yesterday and it hurts like hell. See, shit can happen and it does.

Anyway, bench is important IMO, especially for a guy who's initial post was about benching.

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    I agree your spotter is key...

NOTHING LIKE A GOOD SPOTTER to push you through theose extra reps.

even put on 30lbs over your max and just un-rack it and feel the weight.

but listen to your body if it hurts lighten the weight up. Also, allow for rest time...key to growth is recovery

TOM2502002 is offline Junior Member
    wow, ruff thread here.... i'm not saying a word..

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Real Men Squat

Actually proper technique and progression will probably add more to your bench then anything. AAS will help but should will not be the only contributing factor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information