Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bench press???

masterp432 is offline Junior Member

bench press???

If I am taking a 500 mg of sust for about 10 weeks how much should my bench go up. Like on average what would a person's bench go up using that cycle. I can bench 300 as of right now.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    No one can say we are all diffrent.......

tbulldog is offline Associate Member
    i would look for 50 plus if you doin your shit right, take an avg. guy put him on creatine.....with the right prog. in a month, month and a half can add that much...so you have an advatadge...lift hard Bro..
    Tbull

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    yea right 50lbs on creatine.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    100lbs on bench ;/ :P LOL

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Personally I am into my 6th week, and I have already gone up on my bench about 80 pounds. Seems like everytime I go to the gym I put on about 5-10 pounds more weight. (I think it is more mental for me), everytime I work a particular muscle group, I try to increase my weight no matter if it is 5 or 10 pounds, either way I try to go up.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    as a power lifter i can tell you that bench press depends on a lot more than the aas your on or the gear you use.
    grip,form,bar placement,arch--all of these worked right can add 100lbs to bench--then shirt,wraps whatever
    with sus at 500mg per week and if you have not changed anything about your tecnique then you have done good already and will probably add more---just remember after coming off it will drop some--make sure to have clomid and keep training it will come back up

G-S Guest
    Why worry about your bench? It's the least important of all lifts.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I would like to add that i would not try going up 20lbs or so a week on exercises...as your muscles can handle it on AAS that doesnt mean your joints, tendons etc can...as Dr. Evil once stated in a thread..increase the reps, not the weight. Im not saying dont go up in weight...just do it moderately..

cant argue against ignorance...

i've done it and my clients have done it

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by Gettin Stupid
    Why worry about your bench? It's the least important of all lifts.
    As opposed to tricep kickbacks?

G-S Guest
    Originally posted by jbrand

As opposed to tricep kickbacks?
    You call that a "lift". That's more like a secondary excercise. Far from being a LIFT.

jbrand is offline Member

You call that a "lift". That's more like a secondary excercise. Far from being a LIFT.
    Well, you can call it sarcasm. The fact remains that I don't understand how you can label the bench press as the "least important" of all "lifts" when any training protocol is not complete without it. The fact that there may be more fiber recruitment in deadlifts/squats/hcp don't disregard the fact that the bench press is manditory in ones training regimen.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like we got some ego lifters :P

G-S Guest
    Originally posted by J-Dogg
    Sounds like we got some ego lifters :P
    Exactly.

If you want to stretch the chest, and get the most out of a pressing movement, it would be the INCLINE bench press, hands down. I know many guys who don't even flat bench anymore, as it causes undo strain on the shoulders. So to say that a workout isn't complete unless you do it, is flat out wrong.

Ask Jay Cutler.

jbrand is offline Member

Exactly.

If you want to stretch the chest, and get the most out of a pressing movement, it would be the INCLINE bench press, hands down. I know many guys who don't even flat bench anymore, as it causes undo strain on the shoulders. So to say that a workout isn't complete unless you do it, is flat out wrong.

Ask Jay Cutler.
    First of all you referred to bench pressing in a loose manner, a slight decrease in angle utilized was irrelevent in my response.

Secondly, the bench press does not cause shoulder injury -- sheer stupidity does. Excessive weight loads sacrifice form. When used properly, the anterior deltoid will be utilized in a safe controlled manner. When you see people use weights they can't handle that come crashing down on them which they return with pure myotatic "bounce" reflex. All exercises are potentially dangerous, especially compound exercises where larger weight loads are incorporated.

Lastly, who the hell knows what you mean when you say "lift". This is a "lift", this isn't a "lift". Your logic is definetely not from a biomechanical stance, excuse me if I'm not up to date on the pseudo gym terminology.

...and yeah, I'll ask Jay Cutler. right.

G-S Guest
    Well, when I say lift - I initially meant of the 3 lifts that are used in competitions. And, it is the least important of the 3, even when used for bodybuilding purposes, as it stresses the smallest area compared to the other 2.

Now, if you want to type in big words and fool someone into believing that adding 100 lbs onto a bench press is more than an "ego" boost, go right ahead. I, myself, aint buying it. Remember, go read the intitial post, then my initial comment, in which you replied in a smart ass manner.

G-S Guest

Well, you can call it sarcasm. The fact remains that I don't understand how you can label the bench press as the "least important" of all "lifts" when any training protocol is not complete without it.

Never said anything about training not being complete...but, you go on to prove my point in your next statement.

The fact that there may be more fiber recruitment in deadlifts/squats/hcp don't disregard the fact that the bench press is manditory in ones training regimen.

Once again, I never disregarded any fact. I simply stated it was the least important. And, by your above statement, you agree.
    Thank you.

jbrand is offline Member
    Well, when I say lift - I initially meant of the 3 lifts that are used in competitions. And, it is the least important of the 3, even when used for bodybuilding purposes, as it stresses the smallest area compared to the other 2.

Now, if you want to type in big words and fool someone into believing that adding 100 lbs onto a bench press is more than an "ego" boost, go right ahead. I, myself, aint buying it. Remember, go read the intitial post, then my initial comment, in which you replied in a smart ass manner.
    You may have been "Gettin Stupid" 500 posts ago but it seems you did well in your quest since then.

The intitial post asked how much he could expect to increase his bench on cycle. I feel this question is too general and could not be adequetly answered, but your logical answer to this was, and I quote, "Why worry about your bench? It's the least important of all lifts." You didn't specify you were talking about "the big three" and nonetheless why don't we just neglect the chest as a whole because it's only third of the three biggest lifts.

The only person who said anything about adding X amount of weight was you. You can add 10 pounds, 100 pounds, do whatever the hell you want. My rebuttal was the simple fact that the bench press was not an insignificant exercise, regardless of what Cutler told you.

Would you like to further enlighten us? Perhaps we shouldn't worry about squatting either? Should we worry about going to the gym? Should we even read your posts for that matter?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Originally posted by tbulldog
    can't argue against ignorance.....i've done it and my clients have done it
    I was just curious if this was directed towards me

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by D3m3nt3d

I was just curious if this was directed towards me
    why ask? this is a rumble thread. just get in and get dirty

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    All I can say is that a Physical Theropist and a joint doctor told me in his own words, flat barbell bench is the worse thing you can do when it comes to weight lifting. Incline bench, dumbell press, (prome press), anything but flat barbell press he said. He explained that the movement no matter how much form you have, puts your shoulders and joints in the most strain. Also he stated that he has seen more torn pec muscles from folks doing flat barbell bench.
    When I heard that I never did flat barbell bench again. And my bench has never been better, I have no more pain in my wrists or my shoulders, like I used to when I flat benched.
    I can't argue with someone who is an expert in the field. I only do incline and dumbell press. JMO and my experience.
    Oh and I saw my best friend tear a pec muscle doing guess what:::: Flat Barbell bench, with low weights, and this guy has been BBing for 20 years, he competes, but his torn pec put his career at risk and he now has to watch what he does. He was very lucky that he was able to lift again, but he can not do flat bench.
    Just to let you all know that I have seen what it can do.

G-S Guest
    Sicilian, that can't be. Why? Cuz JBrand says so. After all, he is the authority around here.

G-S Guest
    My rebuttal was the simple fact that the bench press was not an insignificant exercise
    Show me where I said it was insignificant, and you win the award. Funny how you say my comment was broad, then your rebuttal was even broader...

..and makes no sense.

block is offline Associate Member
    """I only do incline and ""dumbell press"". JMO and my experience."""

when you say dumbell prees what is that (flat incline decline what) miltary or what also what about decline is that hard on the joints.

even though the bench is the least benifical of the 3 lifts it is the only one that any one asks about you dont here in the gym any one ask what you can squat or dead lift it always "what can you bench
    Last edited by block; 04-28-2002 at 06:57 PM.

block is offline Associate Member
    what about miltary press be hind the head. is that bad

G-S Guest
    Originally posted by block

even though the bench is the least benifical of the 3 lifts it is the only one that any one asks about you dont here in the gym any one ask what you can squat or dead lift it always "what can you bench"
    Exactly. And, look around and watch who's doing the asking of that question. Usually, the smaller guys who work out 3 times a week, and bench everytime they are at the gym.

foreverblast1 is offline Junior Member
    alright, i dont' know what the big deal is about being a ego lifter... U guys are trying to make that sound like the worst thing a person can be... isn't muscles built so u can look good and in turn build up a confidence that would ultimately result in a bigger ego?

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    Speaking of ego lifters, I don't think any of us could lift the egos of half the guys on here.

jbrand is offline Member

Exactly. And, look around and watch who's doing the asking of that question. Usually, the smaller guys who work out 3 times a week, and bench everytime they are at the gym.
    the plot thickens: going to the gym EOD dismisses you from being sensible.

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by foreverblast1
    alright, i dont' know what the big deal is about being a ego lifter... U guys are trying to make that sound like the worst thing a person can be... isn't muscles built so u can look good and in turn build up a confidence that would ultimately result in a bigger ego?
    you can brag about your lifts, but be advised: the bench press is out of style this month.

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    dam is someone forget to take there medecine this morning. DUde chill out. I feel every muscle and lift is just as important as the other. But what do i know. I do the bench,squat, deadlift, and even tricep kickbacks. Plus many more... Hey it about the total package i still do miltary lift behind my head with a barbell so maybe im old fashion.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Heh, just HAD to go here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bench press???-aurguing.jpg  

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Iam not sure if I should laugh your be mad....

:?

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Well, it can be viewed as tasteless by some. I work with handicapped folks a bit and SO many of them have the best since of humor about stuff. I was pushing a kid with CP down the hospital hallway one day and I bumped a wall, dude spits up and tells me I'm a JERRY'S kid. I almost pissed my pants I was laughing so hard, so was he and the kid we hit.

So, for the record, these guys are great and to have the balls to run in the SO is awsome, but to be able to laugh and make jokes in good nature about yourself is by far an incredible feeling for these guys. So, for the record I've got several kids (some are damn adults) that I help take care of on occasion and these guys would crack yall up. I know they wouldn't take offence as one of them sent it too me

For those offended, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmm, drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I forgot what I was going to say.

DimWitX

no it wasnt, directed toward mishon1

G-PIG is offline Associate Member
    jbrand is my favorite ny'er since partyboynyc dissapeared he always has something knowledgeable and practical to say, im on jbrand's side regardless that i didnt read the posts, there too long, lol so far its me and jbrand in our little army, hows on yours?

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by G-PIG
    jbrand is my favorite ny'er since partyboynyc dissapeared he always has something knowledgeable and practical to say, im on jbrand's side regardless that i didnt read the posts, there too long, lol so far its me and jbrand in our little army, hows on yours?
    i appreciate it bro. you might as well suit up in our military gear for now, be sure to load your pistol with fina pellets and have a full canteen of winny.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    max bench should go quite a bit, but there's a lot of variables.

Don't fight over nothing guys. Getting Stupid, your thirty dude, show it by not reacting; and if you must do it threw PM's.

let's all just except each others opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information