Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Short and Powerful

28 20.44%
  • Tall and Strong

109 79.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    JuicyJim is offline Junior Member

Would you rather be short and powerful or tall and strong??

Would you rather have the short powerful look of bodybuilder's like Lee Priest or the Tall and strong, lean look of guys like Arnold??

Also if you could be shorter or taller which would you rather be and why. Shorter guys can "look" alot bigger than taller guys with less work, but taller guys have the intimidation factor, they can just walk into a room and get instant respect.

Also what's your ideal height and weight?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Would you rather be short and powerful or tall and strong??-arnold%252010.jpg   Would you rather be short and powerful or tall and strong??-leepriest.jpg   Would you rather be short and powerful or tall and strong??-may05p217.jpg  

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    im happy with my height

6'1

so tall and strong

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    well since i got in first... i am going to tell you tall will take the win on this easily.. I would prefer to be tall and strong. its nice to be able to pick people up off their feet and carry them where you want..LOL

edit: dammit i got in 2nd but anyway.. tall will prevail

Spyder is offline Member
    I'd rather be tall, i would not like to be short a tall. I love my height that i am at now, about 5"11, it's perfect for all my hobbies including bodybuilding, car racing, chicks etc

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 5'10" but I would prefer to be 6'2" or something close to that. It sucks for a guy to be anything shorter than 5'9". Shorter guys are just limited on women they can date, it's unfortunate. Opposite for women that are taller than 5'8". No guy wants a woman towering over him.

It's proven that taller men make more money on average than shorter men. That's a proven study. It's how people perceive you and maybe the dominance factor of looking down on somebody. Now I'm sure Danny Divito would have to something say about that? He's a big man trapped in a little man's body.

We can at least grow east and west no matter what age.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-03-2005 at 10:24 AM.

Here's my definition of tall and short

short is 5'9 and below

tall is 6'1 and above

the 5'10-6'0 range is good size but not tall and or short

bowser is offline Associate Member
    wow i was #10 and you can't put it any better than what the chart says. It is like a cereal commercial. 9 out of 10 perfer to be tall and strong. it's the way to go these days

chest6 is offline Banned
    im happy with my height..im 6'2"
    this should be in the lounge..o well

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    I really like the old school bodybuilder look. They still look like humans. They have beautifully sculpted bodies IMO. Now all the bb's all look like they came straight out of a comic book or something. Their facial features are insane. I have respect for them though too.

Drengr is offline New Member
    I understand what you asking but it’s kind of stupid the way its worded. Phenotypically speaking I would rather be taller not freak tall but tall.

There is no reason why you can’t be tall and powerful (tool for athleticism)

Power is = work done / time

strength = just work done, relatively useless in sports (by itself)

The only use strength has is working to increase it and most people can develop greater power off a greater base strength

This is seen by Olympic lifters, modern lifters usually go off the 70 percent support exercises for strength and 30 percent power exercises (classic lifts and thier derivatives, snatch, clean & jerk ... ext.).

Strength of course has number health benefits, and well as rehabilitation uses

Quote Originally Posted by Drengr
    I understand what you asking but it’s kind of stupid the way its worded. Phenotypically speaking I would rather be taller not freak tall but tall.

There is no reason why you can’t be tall and powerful (tool for athleticism)

Power is = work done / time

strength = just work done, relatively useless in sports (by itself)

The only use strength has is working to increase it and most people can develop greater power off a greater base strength

This is seen by Olympic lifters, modern lifters usually go off the 70 percent support exercises for strength and 30 percent power exercises (classic lifts and thier derivatives, snatch, clean & jerk ... ext.).

Strength of course has number health benefits, and well as rehabilitation uses
    whatever man it was just a simple question no need for the grammar breakdown

chris2wire is offline Member
    Tall by a long shot...

Id rather be 6'5 and a scrawny bag of bones in fact rather than be the 5'10 I am and really buff (Which I am not buff... yet)

Height means everything, plain and simple. You can make up a LITTLE by getting muscular, thats why I am, but you can never fully replace the height. Tall + strong is even better, but hell tall and scrawny is still way better than short and buff.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Tall by a long shot...

Id rather be 6'5 and a scrawny bag of bones in fact rather than be the 5'10 I am and really buff (Which I am not buff... yet)

Height means everything, plain and simple. You can make up a LITTLE by getting muscular, thats why I am, but you can never fully replace the height. Tall + strong is even better, but hell tall and scrawny is still way better than short and buff.
    My neighbor is 135 - 140lbs 6'1" and looks like hell.............. so tall and scrawny is in no way better then short and buff........ at least with the short /buff guy he looks healthier, looks more discipline, and just doesn't look like death walking.

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    If 5'9 is short then I'm stuck short and strong..

cowboy60 is offline New Member
    i'm 5'10" and wouldn't have it any other way

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    6'4''......

And Strong baby no doubt...

jinos is offline Member
    Damn I'm 5'6" so WTF am I? A midget? Wish I was tall and strong, but you work with what you got. Currently 190lb and still growing, but I noticed the bigger I get the shorter I look. Ain't that a bi$%h.

redman9 is offline Junior Member
    Either one would be great, but I love beng tall homies!

hardcorehulk is offline New Member
    tall and strong!!!!

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Tall and strong everytime! I prefer the athletic looking BB's like Milos Sarcev in Ejuicer's avatar. Even though he isnt that tall he still looks like he can move around and chuck a ball about and doesnt have that stumpy unfunctional appearance. That is my favourite photo of a physique.

If your short and your a BB'er people will always think you started bodybuidling because you have SMS aka 'Short Man Syndrome' so I am very happy at 6 feet 4.

toobigforyou is offline Associate Member
    6ft 210lbs = tall and strong!

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    My neighbor is 135 - 140lbs 6'1" and looks like hell.............. so tall and scrawny is in no way better then short and buff........ at least with the short /buff guy he looks healthier, looks more discipline, and just doesn't look like death walking.
    Sounds like dude runs a meth lab next door?

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    How ever god makes you! lol

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Sounds like dude runs a meth lab next door?
    LOL.............. nah the damn guy never eats........ but makes sure he gets in enough beer everyday to keep him happy.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    Tall and strong everytime! I prefer the athletic looking BB's like Milos Sarcev in Ejuicer's avatar. Even though he isnt that tall he still looks like he can move around and chuck a ball about and doesnt have that stumpy unfunctional appearance. That is my favourite photo of a physique.

If your short and your a BB'er people will always think you started bodybuidling because you have SMS aka 'Short Man Syndrome' so I am very happy at 6 feet 4.

post a pic of that avy or somthin??

~DV~

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Short and tall are opposites. I'm unclear as to the differenct between "powerful" and "strong." To me there is little difference. That makes this poll a question of being short or tall.

I choose Tall of course.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jinos
    Damn I'm 5'6" so WTF am I? A midget? Wish I was tall and strong, but you work with what you got. Currently 190lb and still growing, but I noticed the bigger I get the shorter I look. Ain't that a bi$%h.
    I'm 5'5"-6" and i'm comfortable with it.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I voted to be shorter...Now I would not want to be really short so girl's would never hit on me. But I am 5'9"...by most peoples standards its not tall at all, even a lil below avg. I am the shortest among my three brothers and father. But i really like the shorter thicker look that say Franco Columbo had. Your muscles just seem thicker when you aren't above 6'. I love 5'9"

-Bino

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jinos
    My brother said to me the other day that my muscle makes me look shorter, but he also said it makes me look scarier because im a big block.

-Bino

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd rather be tall and "anythng". I can always adjust my physique, but my height is unchangeable.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Short muscle guys (e.g. Lee Priest) are the BALLS!

I'm 5'-7" tall (on a good day) and weigh 275lbs. I get all the "Oompa-Loompa Gym" and "Hobbit on Steroids " comments, usually from insecure tall guys who only have their height going for them.

My ideal physique would be a guy who's as big 'round the pecs as he is tall. Also, after a decade of heavy squats, I'm actually taller sitting down than standing up.

Of course, it does help to be devestatingly handsome!

-BigLittleTim

R-A-M-P-A-G-E is offline Junior Member
    I'm 6'3"1/2, being tall has its pro's & con's. But any none whose tall will agree, that we live in a short man's world. I'm only 24, but my lower back kills me, always having to squat under the shower head, or squat to use the sink, or duck under a door, etc. And the military is killer on anyone over 6 foot (I actually shrunk an inch).

Now that I'm bulking up and just pushed past the 230 lb mark, I'm much happier with my body image.

So Tall & Strong.

CrazyorHigh is offline Banned
    lol well..... i happen to probobly be the shortest man on this board, im 5'2 155 pounds lol, but im happy the way i am so short and powerful

i'm 6ft 230, i guess thats right in the grey area, i never been called short and most people are scared of me, but i wish i was 6'3" for a couple reasons, but mainly so i could dunk.

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    My ideal physique would be a guy who's as big 'round the pecs as he is tall.

-BigLittleTim
    I'm 5'9" and 285. I compete strongman, and am getting into powerlifting. So you could say I am short, powerful, and strong. Not gonna lie though, it would be nice to be like 6'. Oh and if you do an over the shoulder measurement, my chest is 69" around. My chest by itself 54.5"

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    I'm perfectly fine wear I am 6'1 246 14% BF have benched 500 and can sqaut 600 for 4reps. But I wouldn't mind being an inch or 2 taller.

needle is offline Senior Member
    Im glad im under 6 feet in my opinion anything over 5 11 is to tall!

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Well... after being told how lucky I am to be tall my whole life (I'm 6'4") I guess I'm happy with where I'm at... You wouldn't believe how many girls will come up to you and tell you "You're Tall!" as if you don't already know that.

i am happy being short and buff.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baseball_centerfield
    i am happy being short and buff.
    You're an outfielder though.... so it works!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information