papa pain is offline Associate Member

irregular heart beat ?

anyone had any problems with irregular heart beat? now and then mine seems to speed up and i can feel it in my upper chest only lasts about 10 seconds then goes away.

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Does it happen every once in a while or pretty often? An occasional deal like that is alright. More frequency and I would get it checked out.

It is called Atrial Fibrilation. I have had it most of my life. Except mine is more serious as it happened all the time and would stay that way once it got into A fib. I took medication for years to control it but eventually that did not work. Recently had a surgery called an Ablation which seems to have worked so far.

INSTRUCTOR is offline New Member
    I have it too and have had it checked out. It's very common (called Arrhythmia) but in most cases it's benign.
    If it lasts for long periods of time and you experience shortness of breath and dizziness then I would see a cardiologist for a check up.
    Mine occurs at rest (or is most noticeable at this time). It can be very distracting. I never notice it during my workouts or cardio. The Doctor told me that’s because I get my heart beat elevated so its less likely to be noticed. Still don't like the feeling.. Kinda sucks.

maybe a few times a week ,you can feel it in your throat all most, very strange .

Have had both the rapid beat like you and now I also experience skips in the beat. Yes at times you can feel the sensation in your throat. If you have any concern at all simply have a doctor check it out before you start having anxiety attacks about it. There is also medication (beta blockers) that can help you. Avoid Caffeine....or ephedrine products!

i was out having a meal on sunday when my heart just speeded up and i could feel it in my throat and head felt a bit dizzy ,just sat there and in 10 seconds i was ok.

thanks for the advice i will go to the doctors see what he says.

I use to have the same thing happen. I would be in a meeting at work amd my heart would takr off and I thought it wasnt going to stop. I can relate. It concerned me so uch that I went to the doctor and they ran all kinds of tests and said I was going to live and then gave me some meds ..
    Now I just get these damn skips in the beat which suck too. But as I said it doesnt mess up my work outs.... or sex!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    You are not along. i was first diagnosed when i was 18 yrs old. Like the other dude said, it does not seem to happen during workouts and for sometime after my heartbeat remains steady, but once relaxed and rested it will start. Mine does this all the time. So far the docs do not seem too concerned with it.

That will give you peace of mind. It's better being proactive and insure there isn't any major problem. Like I said it's more than likely no big deal, but I am glad you are going to check it out. Good Luck.

Instuctor Out!

thanks pal

Thread Information