ninthprince22 is offline Associate Member

need a real quick answer, experienced guys only

i need to shoot up real quick, im waitin for my syringes to arrive. right now all i can find is 1 27g 1ml .5 inch needle. could i inject this in my deltoid? or no? its mainly used for insulin . what do u guys think

msu16366 is offline Member
    only if you shot it in too your dick bone.

lol ill take that as a no

niXon)( is offline Member
    now you know you should've waited, but .5 is pretty smal. no worries about the 27g, you'll just be sitting there injecting longer. i wouldnt worry, but if you have broad shoulders (big) then it may not go deep enough and you may end up with a bump.

how long until your syringes arrive?

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    i use 25g 5/8' syringes for my delts

Actually you could use that and just push it in as far as it will go, I am sure you can push a extra half inch if your impatient.

DO it in your shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by niXon)(
    now you know you should've waited, but .5 is pretty smal. no worries about the 27g, you'll just be sitting there injecting longer. i wouldnt worry, but if you have broad shoulders (big) then it may not go deep enough and you may end up with a bump.

how long until your syringes arrive?
    they will be in on wed. but i have to do eod shots

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    A running out of syringes question
    How much "experience" would one need to post a reply?

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    A running out of syringes question
    How much "experience" would one need to post a reply?
    lol .5 is fine, i use 5/8 on a normal basis, go ahead

I have used a 1/2 insulin poke on my delt before, just push it in as far as you can and inject slow, some may leak out, I've had that before also

decadbal is offline Banned
    unless u have a thick layer of fat.. i think it would be ok..

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthprince22
    i need to shoot up real quick, im waitin for my syringes to arrive. right now all i can find is 1 27g 1ml .5 inch needle. could i inject this in my deltoid? or no? its mainly used for insulin. what do u guys think
    Should never have this problem to begin with. Syringes/Pins ship out so fast nowadays you should have them within 2 days. Always plan ahead so you're never in this situation, but yes you can inject with that. It might take a while to push all the oil out but I would go ahead and shoot it in bi's because it's a smaller muscle.

donmega is offline Associate Member
    I just go to CVS pharmacy and buy mine, walgreens, cvs, whatever you have near you probably has them.

Its not like their illegal or anything and usally only 38 cents a piece for the whole syringe, not just the needle

I dont see the point in saving 10 cents online.

Quote Originally Posted by donmega
    I just go to CVS pharmacy and buy mine, walgreens, cvs, whatever you have near you probably has them.

Its not like their illegal or anything and usally only 38 cents a piece for the whole syringe, not just the needle

I dont see the point in saving 10 cents online.
    in the state of florida u need to have a Rx to buy syringes.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthprince22
    in the state of florida u need to have a Rx to buy syringes.
    wow I didnt know that. also good luck pulling oil thru the 27g it aint fun..

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I just bought 300 3cc rigs with 21ga pins, and also 300 25ga 1-1/2" pins for shooting, for a grand total of $66. That works out to 22c for each rig, with a shooter. Obviously I draw with the 21 and shoot with the 25. Online rocks. I got basically a year's worth of shooting equipment for less than I pay for a jug of test. And no arguing with some dumbass clerk about buying pins, or going to this pharm or that pharm because nobody has what I need.

Insulin syringes can be handy for some things, but the lack of interchangeable pins means you have to draw and shoot with the same pin. As Deezle said, drawing oil up through a 27 will truly test your patience. Then you have to shoot with a dulled pin. Even though it is pretty tiny, there is some ouch factor. A nice sharp 25 will go in nicer than a dulled 29ga. The only drawback to interchangeable luer lock rigs is that they hold more leftover gear that is generally just going to waste. The fixed-pin insulin rigs don't waste diddly. This can be combatted by leaving a small air bubble in the rig to at least partially purge the needle ferrule when you shoot. .1cc is plenty. No, it is not harmful to accidentally shoot tiny amounts of air into your muscle. And you will aspirate , right? So little chance of it getting into a vein, where the oil is probably more harmful than a bit of air, anyway.

The shortness of insulin needles is another problem. You never want to jam it in balls-deep so that the ferrule is pressed against the injection site. This can force foreign matter into the injection. A 1/2" pin is pretty durn short for IM shots anywhere! I never buy anything but 1-1/2" pins so I know I always have a long enouhg pin for ANYWHERE I want to shoot. Perhaps the biggest cause of abscesses is not getting the gear in deep enough into the muscle. Certainly this is the case with those who use proper technique otherwise, and who shoot clean gear.

So bottom line is, wait for proper syringes and proper pins before you shoot. It would be a shame to mess up on your very first shot by using the wrong equipment.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

oliver2828 is offline Junior Member
    damn, thats pretty small for your delt. I use 1" 25g for my delts. I really doubt 1/2 inch is going to go in deep enough.
    Last edited by oliver2828; 08-16-2005 at 04:24 PM.

Thread Information