marcinator is offline New Member

another athlete tests positive

for those of you who watch the UFC and other MMA's...this just in:

"MMAWeekly has learned that UFC figher Nathan Marquardt has tested positive for steroids . Following the UFC's Ultimate Fight Night event on August 6th, two fighters were drug-tested: Nathan Marquardt and Ivan Salaverry. Salaverry's test results have come back negative, but Nathan Marquardt's test results came back this afternoon and were positive.

Marquardt tested positive for a significant amount of nandrolone metabolite, which is a serious anabolic steroid . Nandrolone is the same steroid that was found in the body of heavyweight boxer James Toney earlier this year. Marquardt has not received the official complaint from the athletic commission yet, but he did receive formal notification that he tested positive earlier today..."

my questions are...I'm a newbie...what is nandrolone..is it more for strength? mass? Do you guys think it helped him at all in his fight? Any of you have experience with this?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, nandrolone is usally decadurabolin but it could also be tren since it's a nandrolone as well. I would guess tren for both since it makes you very agressive from it's off the charts androgenic score of 500. It also scores 500 anabolic . Let's say it's the primal scream roid....I also hear it makes you dream of killing people and causing general mayhem. Weird stuff and makes you wonder how hormones control our primal tendencies. We're like domesticated humans. Our ancestors were much more rugged and violent than we are today.

All nandrolones are great for quality muscle mass on restricted caloric diets. UFC fighter have to make certain weight classes. I would assume Toney needs it to shed fat and become quicker without losing strength since he's a heavy weight. That guy has been on the Best Damn Sports Show a lot over the past year.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-15-2005 at 07:40 PM.

hmmm....so it's definitley a performance-enhancer?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcinator
    hmmm....so it's definitley a performance-enhancer?
    I think so....

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    I train with nate and I know he wasn't on right before his fight. He tested pos for nandrolone and probably did a cycle a while back, it just came up in the test.

Quote Originally Posted by billy_ba
    I train with nate and I know he wasn't on right before his fight. He tested pos for nandrolone and probably did a cycle a while back, it just came up in the test.
    wow thats awesome...ya, I feel bad for him...he seems like a pretty good guy and definitley a hell of a fighter.

I know his manager is denying he used anything...maybe the test got all f@#ked up

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Well, nandrolone is usally decadurabolin but it could also be tren since it's a nandrolone as well. I would guess tren for both since it makes you very agressive from it's off the charts androgenic score of 500. It also scores 500 anabolic . Let's say it's the primal scream roid....I also hear it makes you dream of killing people and causing general mayhem. Weird stuff and makes you wonder how hormones control our primal tendencies. We're like domesticated humans. Our ancestors were much more rugged and violent than we are today.

All nandrolones are great for quality muscle mass on restricted caloric diets. UFC fighter have to make certain weight classes. I would assume Toney needs it to shed fat and become quicker without losing strength since he's a heavy weight. That guy has been on the Best Damn Sports Show a lot over the past year.
    Tren isnt nandrolone. Similar in structure and both progestins but not the same.

Undertow is offline New Member
    That's a shame, he looked like he was in great shape for the fight. Too bad it was a pretty boring fight. Hopefully they'll let him back and give him a chance to redeem himself for the boring fight and the positive test.

keylock is offline Associate Member
    I would asume it was Deca a lot of the guys I train with take it for there joints and it can stay in your system for over a year, Tren kills your endurance so its no good for wrestlers, fighters, ect......

Thread Information