Thread: myostatin

mazika is offline Associate Member

myostatin

Just a question I was woundering if you wouldent mind.

I was woundering about this Myostatin 'knockout' that everyone is talking about. Where they can remove this gene to make livestock much more muscular and even to cure deseases in humans with muscular deterioration deseases.

Is it possible to remove this in livestock and humans when they are alive or it must be done before they are born by altering the DNA?

IS it a certain gland or something like that which can/must be removed to get this same affect or is it hard wired into our DNA?

So mainly my question is can they remove this myostatin so that persons with diseases can benifit the way belgian blue's do by very rapid and steady lean muscle addition?

And of course the bodybuilders must benifit too

Thanks soo much for your time.

HumanPerfection1 is offline Associate Member
    Is it possible to remove this in livestock and humans when they are alive or it must be done before they are born by altering the DNA? In livestock their doing it while your alive, a baby was born 5 years ago with the gene blocked, right now their working on drugs to block it for people with muscular dystrophy....hopefully in a year or 2 it will be out

IS it a certain gland or something like that which can/must be removed to get this same affect or is it hard wired into our DNA? wired in dna

So mainly my question is can they remove this myostatin so that persons with diseases can benifit the way belgian blue's do by very rapid and steady lean muscle addition? their working on that now

And of course the bodybuilders must benifit, its rumored that some are trying it now

HumanPerfection1 is offline Associate Member
    a side note all these gnc' myostatin supliments are bull and dont work, they could auctully harm your body

donmega is offline Associate Member
    hmm wonder what this would do in an AID's patient.

Prob would take on quite a few more years I suppose.

Undertow is offline New Member
    Myostatin is controlled by a gene. They're working on myostatin blockers now. The problem with completely turning off the gene is exemplified by the aforementioned Belgian Blue. The animals actually get so muscular that their body frame collapses under the weight of their muscles. It would make much more sense to have something which can simply "block" myostatin for a set amount of time so you could cycle on and off.

There was a kid born in Germany who has no working myostatin gene...I believe he's around 6 now. It will be interesting to see what happens to him as he gets older. He's already stronger than most non-training adults.

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    The boy born in germany right now is 6 and a half years old. He is, what they have measured, roughly 6 times stronger than an average boy of his age. This kid is able to hold 6 lbs at shoulder level with arms fully extended, where a normal 6 year old boy can only hold 2 lbs at his sides. He will be a freak to say the least, provided nothing happens to him when he gets older. I guess we will find out.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow
    Myostatin is controlled by a gene. They're working on myostatin blockers now. The problem with completely turning off the gene is exemplified by the aforementioned Belgian Blue. The animals actually get so muscular that their body frame collapses under the weight of their muscles. It would make much more sense to have something which can simply "block" myostatin for a set amount of time so you could cycle on and off.

There was a kid born in Germany who has no working myostatin gene...I believe he's around 6 now. It will be interesting to see what happens to him as he gets older. He's already stronger than most non-training adults.
    l3 IGF-1 is theroized to inhibit or block the myostatin gene during IGF1 receptor upgrade within muscle tissue. Roughly that 4-6 week window. GH as well when excreted IGF1 levels are at their peak. This is what I read from hooker and kizer's posts.

Maybe this is the reason for cell division? I can't see it just being the presence of growth factors. Our body has so many checks and balances to keep it stable and healthy. There has to be something temporarily blocking myostatin to allow this genetic alteration. New muscle tissue is being created, not volumization of current muscle fiber. Think about it, it's very interesting. This is almost playing God if you think in a religious way. I personally do not think it is, I think it's human biochemistry striving for better health and taking care of what God gave us.

I personally believe we'll see the 1st fully active 100 year old person in our lifetime because of HRT. Go life extension people I guess? Bad for social security system? Maybe retirement age will be 87 by 2050?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-15-2005 at 11:13 PM.

I don't know about that. I mean despite the health freaks that the members of this site are, the vast majority of Americans are rediculously unhealthy. So while I wouldn't disagree that we may see the first fully active 100 year old, I will disagree that it would affect the majority of people. It's actually theorized that the next couple of generations may be the first in recorded history to lose years on life expectancy due to obesity. Lazy bastards.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow
    I don't know about that. I mean despite the health freaks that the members of this site are, the vast majority of Americans are rediculously unhealthy. So while I wouldn't disagree that we may see the first fully active 100 year old, I will disagree that it would affect the majority of people. It's actually theorized that the next couple of generations may be the first in recorded history to lose years on life expectancy due to obesity. Lazy bastards.
    I agree with you 100%. I can't believe the bf% of some of our youth. It's terrible. More instances of type 2 diabetes with kids in their teens. My God! Fast foods are not part of any regular diet. Watch Super Size Me, that's a gym motivator.

But there are enough people now clued in on the benefits of HRT, mainly GH and now l3-IGF1. These drugs are reversing aging effects and putting years on people's lifes in their senior years right now. Imagine the person that is correctly cycling GH, AAS, IGF1, etc (synergy stack) from his/hers 30's & 40s (now) thru a healthy lifespan? We see people in their late 50's to early 60's now with incredible muscular development living fully active lifes. That would be unheard of even 20 years ago. We may be at the beginning of something incredible that will make the medical community rewrite their books.

There will always be unhealthy people, you can't force somebody to eat correctly and work out. Humans are lazy by nature.

I've personally know a guy that used GH for a year and a half. This guy did coke, drugs, drank for many years while on AAS the whole time. Now he actually trains correctly and eats well (less when he's coked or rolling on e all weekend) but parties like a mofo. Well, he did GH with AAS for the 1st 6 months then just GH without even working out for the last year. He became very lean and vascular and his skin became much healthier from years of abuse. If anybody doesn't deserve anti aging benefits, it's this guy. But I have to admit, he looks 5 years younger now. Imagine what this can do for repsonsible, healthy people that eat and train correctly for their entire life?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-15-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Yep...the thing we may see happening is that once the medical community actually sees the incredible effects of HRT, the public views on AAS and all the other drugs may change.

Thread Information