RAMPAGE is offline Junior Member

creatine while on or post???

which one.... all the time ,cycle it ,post cycle which one is true i hear its good for post but if i ran it straight through wouldnt it be good too.,,,

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    u can run it during a cycle..but IMO creatine is nothing but a bunch of water weight, and depending on your cycle your gonna either get enough water retention...or if your cutting, your gonna be trying to avoid water weight..so if i was gonna use it i would use it post cycle bro, thats just my preference though

Dizzy is offline Banned
    here is a good read from elite's HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex. this dude has some of the best posts i have ever seen.

Hey fellas.Just dug up an interesting read out of one of my old Ironman mags.The following excerpts are providided by the notorious Michael Gundill(a.k.a. Dharkam)....Although creatine does have testosterone -like effects,it doesn't act as a steroid hormone.Instead,it's a mediator of some of the androgens' anabolic effects.In fact,steroid users get far more out of their cycles if they take in massive amounts of creatine along with the drugs.Androgens are among the hormones that can force the entry of creatine into muscle cells.While there's a clear relationship between muscle strength gains and increases in muscle creatine stores,unfortunately,the relationship is not as obvious when it comes to increases in muscle mass.Animal-based studies have shown that the muscles of untrained rats take up as much creatine as the muscles of trained rats,but the ANABOLIC effects of creatine are only obvious in trained rats.Therefore,training increases the muscles sensitivity to the anabolic actions of creatine.(Although it's not related to this article,the study also demonstrated that the anabolic effects of creatine are DIRECT,and not mediated by waterretention.In fact,in the 1970s American and Russian studies pointed out a DIRECT anabolic effect of creatine on muscle cells.)Testosterone increases the muscles'sensitivity to the anabolic properties of creatine in addition to enhancing the creatine buildup in muscle fibers.It's also obvious that part of the strength gains people experience while on steroids are mediated by an increase in muscle creatine stores.An interesting discovery A/S users have made is that they should dramatically increase their creatine intake during a cycle to boost the potency of the steroids.Thanks to creatine,people can build more muscle mass with fewer drugs.Anecdotal evidence from A/S users points out that it takes at least 10-15 grams(maintenance)of creatine a day to visibly enhance the the anabolic potency of a steroid stack.There are probably good reasons for the increased creatine requirement when androgen levels are high.As mentioned above,steroids increase the muscle uptake of creatine,and if the muscles are ready to accept more creatine,why not give it to them?I also think that even though steroids enhance creatine synthesis,they may increase creatine degradation as well-so more creatine is used up every day.That could be due to an increase in muscle creatine turnover and also the fact that an elevated muscle protein synthesis rate will likely consume creatine at a faster rate.Other reasons for a higher creatine requirement may be indirect.Because the muscles of drug users are stronger and receive more training,they may waste greater amounts of creatine during training.Once inside the muscle,creatine provides not only an anabolic effect,but also a rapidly mobilized source of fuel.Muscle protein synthesis is a process that wastes great amounts of energy.Anabolism is an ATP-dependent process,which means that it's essential for protein synthesis.If the cellular level of ATP is reduced even a little,IT STOPS ANABOLISM.So even if you can increase the testosterone content of your muscles,nothing will happen if your ATP level is low.Creatine supports anabolism by providing energy to the muscle...Well fellas,it looks like it might be a good idea to stock up on creatine when you're grabbing your protein powder for those bulking cycles,hehheh....Huck

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    both during and post.

popeyethasailah is offline Junior Member
    personally i would use it after, it reinforces your muscle cells with water ((TEMPORARILLY))). if you were to do it while in a cycle, the aftermath of the cycle would have a much greater loss of weight, size, and strength. it really puts stress on your kidneys if you arent drinking lets say 2 1/2 gallons of water a day, and it can give you severe shits. if you were to do it after, with your clomid and hcg or whatever, i THINK it would help retain your gains longer. i have never done creatine on or after a cycle, but have taken it many times and what i have said just seems logical. the best creatine transport suppliment i have ever used was called Met-Rx Creatine AC, its a huge serving but its twice as powerful as cell tech, which also works well for most people. as with other suppliments, and even AS, things work different for different people, so you may have to do some guinnie pigging on your self, good luck.

what times and how much do you take ????

tyler D is offline Banned
    i always use while and after i use cell-tech love it

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    Originally posted by RAMPAGE
    what times and how much do you take ????
    i run it at 5 grams (1 teaspoon) 3 times a day.

Anibolism is offline Junior Member
    I'm by no means an expert but I would not take the creatine during cycle. Why?? Creatine is just something else the liver will have to process and for the minimal water weight you gain from it why put your liver through anymore stress than necesary??

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I do run the creatine, during the cycle and post cycle.

like i said above, you really shouldnt bother with it during cycle, but its your choice. IF you are to take it, your best bet is like i said above *Met-Rx Creatine AC. the AC stands for accumulation complex; it has about 90grams dextrose, 400mg ALA, 10g Glutamine, and more, in EACH serving. you would only need one serving a day with that, and take that with just water. if you are going to use staight up crystaline creatine, take about 2-3 tablespoons a day, which is about 10-15grams, with a low-acid fruit juice such as white grape juice, not orange juice. peace.

Unity66 is offline Associate Member

one supplement

that should be taken year round as its cheap and effective at the basic chemistry of our bodies.........recycling ADP into ATP, increasing stamina and intramuscular water (muscles are ~70% water!)

well put dizzy........huck......that you juice willis....LOL.......

the volumizing effect is enhanced by the concurrent use of AAS........esp. ox!!!

@~$35 per kilo..........why would you not take this supplement, this and protein powder for a few extra in-between snacks in the day are the source......

glutamine and all else come after...........

give it a try......load with a simple sugar post workout and go ~20-30g/day. slin and creatine...........heh!!!

Unity66
    Last edited by Unity66; 04-14-2002 at 07:58 PM.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    why would you run creatine during a cycle if you are tryin to keep water down?

water retention from steroids and water weight from creatine are different from what i hear.. someone with more knowlegde please try to explain....good question D3...

bump

***to my understanding***water from AS seems to be just under the skin, and on top of the muscles, which is why people get that smooth not-so cut look. water retention from creatine is in the actual muscle cells, which in turn can actually make SOME people look more cut. the muscle cells while on creatine become saturated with water, and the water acts in a way like anti-freeze, keeping the muscle cells cool and fresh to pump out a few extra reps.

Thread Information