Thread: 1st Cycle

izzet is offline New Member

1st Cycle

i am 29 and have been lifting for 12 years. i am a very active sportsman which, because of the lack of rest, has stopped me from putting on the amount of muscle i wanted. i have decided to embark on my first course of AS. my goal is to build myself up from 162lb to 175lb stone with 8-10% BF. my proposed AS course is as follows:

week 1-8 200mg deca
    week 2-8 50mg per day Proviron
    week 4-8 20 mg per day Winstrol
    weeks 8-12 Clomid

i chose the deca because as a rugby player, i have alot of pain in my joints - i have heard that deca can somewhat ease this pain a bit. i chose winstrol because i want to harden up whatever gains i make on the deca. i chose the proviron because i have read that deca on its own is bad news, and an androgen should be used along with it. i want to stay away from testosterone . i am hoping that this stack will povide me with good lean gains, rather than pump me full of water which would be detrimental to my performance on the pitch. also hair loss is a worry of mine as i am already losing it as it runs in my family. could anyone give me any advice on this course?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    i would journey into the educational forum and browse through some of the threads in there

if you are 162lb, you should have no trouble getting 13lbs..thats not alot of weight really and could easily be done through diet and training, not much of a reason to cycle (no offense)

third, a good beginning cycle is a plain testosterone cycle, there are many reasons why you need testosterone, which are outlined in the educational forum and in here as well. proviron is just not enough

fourth, winstrol is bad choice for joints, and usually very hard on the hairline

SpiderRico is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    i would journey into the educational forum and browse through some of the threads in there

if you are 162lb, you should have no trouble getting 13lbs..thats not alot of weight really and could easily be done through diet and training, not much of a reason to cycle (no offense)

third, a good beginning cycle is a plain testosterone cycle, there are many reasons why you need testosterone, which are outlined in the educational forum and in here as well. proviron is just not enough

fourth, winstrol is bad choice for joints, and usually very hard on the hairline
    Spoken like a true AR poster... but hes right if its you first cycle i would just run a test like a test E for 500mg ew followed by pct this is a good beginner cycle and you should see some good gains ... my first cycle was a test E and EQ cycle and it worked really good I also would not run the deca without test either

thanks for the info lads. the reason im thinking of the gear is that i had reached my plateau about 5 years ago and couldnt get any bigger - i can get heavier with the creatine, but its just the water retention it causes - i cant keep the weight. if i do go for testosterone , how much should i use per week, and could i run it on its own? the reason i ask this is because as you know, i am predominately an athlete and dont fancy having to inject myself two to three times a week. another question - are all orals hard on the hairline?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by izzet
    thanks for the info lads. the reason im thinking of the gear is that i had reached my plateau about 5 years ago and couldnt get any bigger - i can get heavier with the creatine, but its just the water retention it causes - i cant keep the weight. if i do go for testosterone, how much should i use per week, and could i run it on its own? the reason i ask this is because as you know, i am predominately an athlete and dont fancy having to inject myself two to three times a week. another question - are all orals hard on the hairline?

if you cant keep the weight naturally, aas wont help. youll gain it, and lose it again. the first thing you have to do is overcome that obstical. i would say most certainly, its going to be in your diet if your not holding gains. gotta have the protien, gotta have the calories. the fat and carbs are up for more fine tuning, but in general the total cals and protien.

300-500 is a good dose per week of testosterone , running it by itself is great for the first time. youd need to inject every 3 days though still. but thats only 2x a week more or less.

all orals are not hard on the hairline, many react differently. winstrol and proviron are hard on many, dbol is hard on some. i havent heard anyone specifically complain about anadrol or anavar though to answer your question.

thanks for the reply billy. if i ran 300 test e per week, do i take clomid or nolva along with it during the cycle, or do i wait til after the cycle? the reason i ask is because some people have advocated taking an anti estrogen during the course, as well as after.

jesse_james is offline Member
    You must take clomid and nolva together after the cycle, you can run the nolva throughout if you choose to, that dose is a little low if you ask me!

i know its low jesse, but its my first cycle and im thinking of the side effects - the lower the dose the lower the sides. im not looking to get big quick - just to pack on quality muscle over time. i have to be able to run round a pitch for 80 minutes so ill be taking it slow and steady. what dose do you suggest?

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by izzet
    i know its low jesse, but its my first cycle and im thinking of the side effects - the lower the dose the lower the sides. im not looking to get big quick - just to pack on quality muscle over time. i have to be able to run round a pitch for 80 minutes so ill be taking it slow and steady. what dose do you suggest?
    THe dose is not low, it is fine if you are lifting, eating and resting right. My first cycle was 250 and I kept 19 lbs post cycle.

taylor26 is offline Member
    IMO, when you start your first cycle stick to one compound and maybe throw in some dbol for the first four weeks

crewe21 is offline Junior Member
    good luck bro

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    You can run nolva throughout your test cycle @ 10 mg / day to help ward off potential sides.

thanks for the replies lads. im gona start the course at the end of the season (approx 1 month). il keep you posted as to how im gettin on.

Thread Information