MJJ23 is offline Junior Member

Up cals or wait longer for test? WK6

My cycle is:
    BD test E 1000mg/wk first week; then 500mg/wk for 11 weeks (inj 250mg twice a week)
    10mg nolva a day for 12 weeks (then proper PCT)
    200mg B6
    1000mg milk thistle

Today is day 42 of my cycle.This is my second cycle. I have gained 12lbs so far however most of those gains came in the first 3 weeks. But now I have leveled off and have not really gained any weights since. I am eating about 4,000 cals/300mg prot a day and lift as heavy as I can. Do you think I need to up my calories or has my test just not fully kicked in yet? My strength has gone up some, but not a whole lot. I also have some acne on my shoulders and bi's so I know my gear is legit. What do you guys think? Maybe I'm just looking for more than I should be from this cycle?

Here is a link with some pics and stats from my last cycle.
    MJJ23 pics

Anyone please help me out?

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    since u front loaded ur blood hormonal leves shouldve stabilized in tha first few weeks and u should be gaining consistantly through out cycle, just wait and see, u still have 5 weeks left, lot of time to grow

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    4000 calories may not be enough depending on your current weight. In fact, I am just going to say it isn't enough. I only weigh 175 and I eat between 3000-3500 a day without gear, so you probably need more.

Actually I still have 6 weeks left, I meant 1 week front load and 11 weeks at 500mg. Today I ate 4,500 cals today so I'll do this for awhile and see how it goes. Do you think I should up it to 5,000 cals?

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    IMO you should up it to 5,000 cal

I was thinking about getting some weight gainer or somthing maybe that will help? I know most weight gainers a really high in sugar but that shouldn't hurt to much as long as I just use it after a workout. I eat nonstop as it is, I don't know how many more meals I could get in.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    If you are putting on any fat at all, you are eating enough. Assuming your diet is high in protein and low in high glycemic carbs and stuff. If you are gaining nothing at all, you need to eat more. Work it just like bulking naturally. Aim for a bodyweight increase of a certain amount, and adjust your calories to meet your goal. After the initial water gains, 2lb per week is a good goal for a beginner cycle. If you have sides, such as the acne that you report, then your T levels are high enough that you should be growing.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

I think my diet has gone very well so far, that's why I don't understand why I'm not growing anymore. I stay away from sugar, almost all my carbs are low gylcemic. I read that low insulin levels help increase GH levels so I been very strict on my diet. Maybe I just need to start stuffing my face. My PWO drink has 530 cals and 44g prot. Maybe I should start drinking this in the morning when I wake up and get some weight gainer for PWO? Does anyone here take a weight gainer?

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJJ23
    I think my diet has gone very well so far, that's why I don't understand why I'm not growing anymore.
    Everyone has suggested you eat more calories. Your diet may be good in terms of food selection, but you need more calories. You can't eat 4000 calories after you have gained lots of weight and expect to keep gaining, now 4000 is probably your maintanence level.

Thank you for all your help, I have bumped my cals up to 5000 a day and will continue this through my cycle. I bought some weight gainer and started taking that today also. I will post my before and after pics when I am done.

Thread Information