Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member

Local Seattle steroid bust

http://komo4.com/stories/38568.htm

Huge Steroid Bust In Thurston County

August 15, 2005

By Tracy Vedder

THURSTON COUNTY - Thurston County detectives tell us it's the biggest steroid bust they've ever made -- more than 40,000 doses worth more than $1.5 million on the street.

But the local body builder targeted in the arrest claims detectives are blowing the case way out of proportion. He talked only to KOMO 4 News, telling us he's just doing what it takes to compete.

At first, suspect Jeff Bell was reluctant to talk about his arrest, saying he didn't know if his attorney would approve. But eventually, like former major leaguer Jose Canseco with his tell-all book on steroid use , Bell told KOMO 4 News openly that he uses steroids , and believes there is nothing wrong with it as long as people are careful.

"That's the only way to level the playing field," says Bell, a professional bodybuilder. "And if you're not using and others are, they're going to have that advantage."

Thurston County Sheriff's detectives busted Bell on Friday for allegedly possessing and planning to sell steroids. They found both pills and liquid steroids, along with needles to inject the drugs.

After talking with both a pharmacist and a veterinarian, detectives estimate they found more than 40,000 doses.

"Obviously the amount that this particular suspect had is far beyond what the average person would have," says Sheriff's Captain Brad Watkins.

Bell told KOMO 4 he is a professional consultant who's taken numerous body builders to competition wins. When asked about the health risks of steroids, he answered, "Before I take on any client, they have to go and get a physical and blood work done both before and after."

He also said he wouldn't work with anyone under the age of 18, "because of the simple fact once you're 18, you're an adult, you can make your own decisions. Before that I won't work with them."

But later, Bell said he doesn't give steroids to any of his clients: "They're on their own and my recommendation is always that they go see a doctor themselves."

Bell added that everything detectives seized in his apartment was for his personal use for next year's national competition in which he planned to compete.

Detectives say that's laughable: "The amount of dosages that he had was up over 40,000 dosages," says Captain Watkins, "and if it was for his personal use it was going to be for his personal use for many, many, many years to come."

Bell says this case is being blown way out of proportion and that police estimates of both the doses and value of the steroids in his apartment are highly exaggerated.

But the Sheriff's Office is taking this seriously. Bell has one prior conviction for steroid possession and they're hoping to get a conviction this time that could lead to as much as five years in prison.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-16-2005 at 11:28 AM.

Funny thing is, I know a guy with that same name. But that ain't him......

That dude looks sloppy. I wouldn't want him training me.... 40,000 doses and he looks like he eats BK.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    damn that sucks...thats a lot gear

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    40,000 - wow. Sucks.

I just saw the dude on the evening news. He's actually pretty big but not defined so much. He shouldn't be talking to the news if he has a case pending. I say he's giving people up if he's still out of jail but he wants to use this as his front. Why wouldn't they charge him with anything yet? If this is such a big bust, wouldn't they have him in custody right now? This is weird and very stupid of him to do a interview without consulting his lawyer first.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I just saw the dude on the evening news. He's actually pretty big but not defined so much. He shouldn't be talking to the news if he has a case pending. I say he's giving people up if he's still out of jail but he wants to use this as his front. Why wouldn't they charge him with anything yet? If this is such a big bust, wouldn't they have him in custody right now? This is weird and very stupid of him to do a interview without consulting his lawyer first.
    Maybe he has, and this is a plea bargain for him...

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Never talk.

Count on the fact that cops are retards, and don't give them any ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by lfrisbee
    Maybe he has, and this is a plea bargain for him...
    True but maybe at the risk of his life? This stuff usually trickles up to some heavy duties that can cancel people like this out of jail or in jail, doesn't matter. If he had that much gear, he was probably dealing with a 1st tier source. I doubt he had a lab going on in his apartment but you never know. 40,000 doses of what? What does that mean?

I would not put my mug on TV and complain about getting busted. If it was necessary, he should have his lawyer get on TV. That interview cannot help him, can it? I just don't understand that. Does he maybe think if he makes this real high profile then the publicity will shield his life?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-16-2005 at 01:11 AM.

Darkness is offline Member
    Well if he was poking his ass with steroid injections, in the big house he'll be having his ass poked with hot beef injections!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    True but maybe at the risk of his life? This stuff usually trickles up to some heavy duties that can cancel people like this out of jail or in jail, doesn't matter. If he had that much gear, he was probably dealing with a 1st tier source. I doubt he had a lab going on in his apartment but you never know. 40,000 doses of what? What does that mean?

I would not put my mug on TV and complain about getting busted. If it was necessary, he should have his lawyer get on TV. That interview cannot help him, can it? I just don't understand that. Does he maybe think if he makes this real high profile then the publicity will shield his life?
    No idea man... just a thought - I don't plan on getting myself into this hot of water

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    Well if he was poking his ass with steroid injections, in the big house he'll be having his ass poked with hot beef injections!
    I don't think there is any PCT in the clink. Atrophied balls and a shrinking body. Not a sign of dominance.....

Dude is still out of jail and there hasn't been any charges filed yet. If the mullet crew can't link him to trafficking, they got shit. He'll keep claiming personal use as a BB. A good lawyer could win this case or at least plea bargain to posession if he can't be linked to selling it. If the guy is smart, he only sells to clients. Now he claims to be a personal trainer so any checks or money orders could be for services rendered. If his business is legit, that could cover him. Why would anybody rat on him when you can't get in trouble for looking yolked? Hmmmm, maybe the guy is smarter than I gave him credit for initially? Doubt it.... I'm still amazed that he was on the 11 o'clock news tonight talking like it was no biggie. That confuses me. Pretty ballsy though.....
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-16-2005 at 03:51 AM.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    he should go to jail for just opening his mouth.. He seems cocky to me.. He should have retained a lawyer and shut his mouth. lets remember that a cycle for a real BB compared to what they dose a chihuah with are bit different.its easy to turn 400 doses to 40k that way. same as street value est. comign from asking a vets office. the vet probably get 350.00 for a bottle of qv test.

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    gahh.. i hate the way these things are. we have NO idea what was in it! for all we know they concider 50mg a dose of deca . afterall, when its prescribed, that is what the dosage usually is. And one tab, even just a 5mg tab of dbol could be a "dose". then you can go into every other compound and minipulate it to look so much bigger. then what if the guy was really goin on a year long cycle? I have no idea what it was, but it pisses me off when they say "a street value of...." or "XXXXX doses" without stating exactly what a "dose" is, and what the street value of that "dose" is.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin444
    gahh.. i hate the way these things are. we have NO idea what was in it! for all we know they concider 50mg a dose of deca. afterall, when its prescribed, that is what the dosage usually is. And one tab, even just a 5mg tab of dbol could be a "dose". then you can go into every other compound and minipulate it to look so much bigger. then what if the guy was really goin on a year long cycle? I have no idea what it was, but it pisses me off when they say "a street value of...." or "XXXXX doses" without stating exactly what a "dose" is, and what the street value of that "dose" is.
    Those cops probably made 20K doses dissappear into their personal.....Crooked SOBs.

Thread Information