GreekMonsta is offline Junior Member

My Doctor Told Me this...!! Am I ok, or am I in trouble?

Well, i went for an original blood and urine test in February right before i did my light deca dbol cycle.......and they called me back like 3 weeks later saying that they want me to take another blood test.....

Apparently they foundd (I hope i get this right) a High or higher than usual amount of creatinine (is that how u spell it?) in my kidneys, and some protein in my kidneys. This was before my light dbol/deca cycle...

My buddy says one of his friends had something similar to that, and it really affected him bad, and the doc told him to cut his protein totally for like 2 months out so he can get healthy again.

Working out without protein = no gains.... do you guys think i have the same problem as my buddies friend? I get the 2nd blood test results on monday.

I stopped taking creatine like 5 months ago... am i in trouble? will it jeopardize my cycle i had planned to start next week?

please help me, i'm really worried

GM

jbrand is offline Member
    OK, this is a good question. First of all don't jump the gun yet as far as interpreting these first results as a sign of kidney problems.

Supplementing with creatine will lead more creatinine to be formed to be released into the body and excreted through urine.

The fact that the doctor called you regarding additional tests is standard protocol (when creatinine levels are high). These second lab tests will first determine factors that may have caused these raised creatinine levels other than real kidney disease, ie: I know penicillin can cause this fake reading on standard tests as well as creatine supplements. So I would hold off on a cycle until after these second lab tests are interpreted by your MD. I would also not get overly concerned until these second lab tests indicate the real reasoning behind the heightened creatinine levels; while they are a reliable indicator of kidney toxicity, creatinine levels can also be elevated due to non-kidney factors.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: My Doctor Told Me this...!! Am I ok, or am I in trouble?

First, remember that I'm a juicer, so what I am about to say to you is not coming from a moralistic perspective.

Will this jeopardize your planned cycle? Yes, but more than that, going through with your cycle at this point may jeopardize you. There are certain factors that you have not mentioned that are relevant to your clinical picture - among them, the usual stats (age, height-weight ratio, any underlying medical conditions), and the specific supplements upi have been doing over the next year.

This is merely speculation, but my guess is that your lab levels have been impacted more by supplements you have done than by AS. Therefore, not only would I not do a cycle at this point, I would also discontinue all supplements until your levels normalize - and thought it may take a while, they should normalize if either the cycle or the supps were the cause.

Your profile does not include your age, but I'll assume that you're college age because of your member name. (Unless you happen to be ethnically Greek rather than in a frat. ) One thing is certain: If that's the case, it's way too early in your life to have to worry about potential renal (kidney) or other effects from doing AS or supps.

One key question: Whatever gave you the idea that "working out without protein = no gains?" Protein may help you put on some pounds, just like AS will, but working out in and of itself, like the slogan about milk, "does a body good." You can get toomuch protein, and an obvious question is what kind of protein supps you have done in the past, and whether they contributed to your high lab levels.

The high creatinine level could be caused by creatine, but it can also be caused by AS use - in fact, both the hemoglobin and creatinine levels are standard tests for anyone using AS.

Your key challenge at this point is just as much psychological as it is physical. In other words, to be told that you shouldn't do AS or supplements until you normalize your levels has got to be a major disappointment. But it is the best thing for you, since it's only when your body is healthy that you will benefit the most from them. And if your body is not healthy, they can do a lot of harm.

As always, if you have not done so, I recommend that you discuss your previous anabolic use with your physician (keeping in mind that he or she must keep your discussions confidential, although it doesn't hurt to ask the doctor not to mention your AS use in your medical chart). Since there is a probability that your use of AS and/or supps directly contributed to your high labs, it will help your doctor diagnose the cause and prescribe the best treatment, and will aos prevent unnecessary testing or speculation that something else caused the condition.

In the meantime, your key challenge will be patience - the toughest thing for anyone who has ever had abnormal labs or an injury from which they had to recover. But in the long haul, it will be best to normalize before any further, um, experimentation.

GreekMonsta is offline Junior Member
    Hey, thanks for the unbelievable reply. My stats are:

22 yrs
    6'1
    210 lbs

I've done 3 cycles in my life, plan on doing maybe 1 or 2 more and then calling it quits.

I've never had any medical conditions, or problems before, my family history is clean. I actually am ethnically Greek, that's where the nickname came from.

The nurse told me that there isn't too much creatinine that they found in the kidneys, just a little bit, and the ordered a second blood test as a precaution, they said it wasn't a major problem or anything. I'm kind of confused, would the creatine that i had taken like 7 months ago still be in my system or have an effect on my system? I just use protein now (Prolab whey), no other supplements. What is the worsed case scenario that can happen here? Kidney Failure? i am really not experienced in this area. What should i do, drink a lot of water and cranberry juice? is there anyhting else i can do? What signs through my color of my urine can i look at?

thanks a million for the post, it really helped me out a lot, and knocked a little sense in me.

GM

bigwillie78 is offline Junior Member
    If I were you, I would be drinking boat loads of water to keep my kidneys flush, get off all supps, and take it easy until the doc can explain the results of your tests
    good luck

Thread Information