PSman00 is offline Associate Member

Home gym or regular gym?

this is probably off topic but the general population is in this forum soo...

how many people have a home gym compared to going to a gym?

are there any advantages or disadvantages?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I strength train at home. I mainly do this because I have a martial arts membership that costs me $115 a month. Your results will be better at a gym but something is better than nothing.

AG5678 is offline Member
    I have a little weight system in the garage. If i turned it full scale i would prefer workin out in my garage than a gym.

AG5678

slooby is offline Associate Member
    i do the bow flex at home and i also go to a gym

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    I strength train at home. I mainly do this because I have a martial arts membership that costs me $115 a month. Your results will be better at a gym but something is better than nothing.
    well i have the bowflex....has alot of exercises to do but i'm sure a gym has plenty more. however its just so hard between work for me to actually get to the gym.

I just feel like theres more i could do ya know?

got more responces then i thought...those of you that work out at home and or have the bowflex....what are good excerises that will yeild best results from the bowflex?

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    You can't check out hotty's working out at home. No motivation man

Quote Originally Posted by smak dat puzz
    oh i got a hottie at home....no need for any other motivation....she gets turned on by watching me work out = get some afterwards! thats enough motivation for me!

deuce-is-loose is offline Associate Member
    i work out in a gym. i go when no one is there. I hate distracktion. I hate people always asking questions and talking. I would LOVE to have a gym at home but there is no way i could afford one of those.

jesse_james is offline Member
    I would prefer my own gym if fully equiped and If I had the space. Gym memberships around my area are too high, and they gyms are alaways packed which I hate

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    :

I go to the gym,
    I do have a bench ,dumb bells ,lat pull down ,tread mill
    Bike.
    I like the gym best.
    Bench is great then no one is home and the wife works out with me

rager is offline Member
    what? are you kidding me? If your serious and Juicing hard you better be at the gym. There is no way in the world ( unless you have $200,000 in home equipment) you can maximize results without the right equipment?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_james
    Gym memberships around my area are too high, and they gyms are alaways packed which I hate
    But you live in a mini fridge

v-twin is offline Associate Member
    Both,plus havin a home gym my kids are starting to show interest as well(wont be long)

beuleux is offline Banned
    Ever tried dropping 100kilos on your living room floor. lol.

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    I've put together a gym in my basement - squat rack, lat pull station, bench - incline and decline, and a pull up bar - couple of old bathroom mirrors mounted on the walls - and a spin cycle for cardio. And of course - tunes.
    It still doesnt make getting up at 5:15 AM any easier - but at least I dont have to drive to the gym. Floor is concrete covered with carpet so if I drop em - no big deal. I can always check out the hotties on my lunch break at work.......

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    i would like to someday have a full gym at home, but i dont think i would ever stop going to the gym, ya know. its nice to show off every now and then

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Even though I still go to a gym... I've spent alot of time and chedda on my gym. After going to gyms for years, I finally had enough of all the downsides and decided to have my own. Because I'm into mostly old-school/free weight movements ie. presses, squats, deads etc, I dont need alot of the fancy machines execpt a good high and low pully etc. It is comprised of alot of different kinds of racks and benches some specialty machines of course alot of bars and plates etc.
    Due to a lack of a Hardcore facillity in my area...and the fact that all of the gyms, Gold's, Worlds, Powerhouse, and others are now "Fitness Centers"
    There are advantages of a GOOD home setup, It's nice to have over friends(whom take BB'ing seriously) to lift, listening to Music that is'nt reserved for nap time, "dropping weights" if need be, "yelling", no "dress code", using chalk, no worry of "scaring" weak-ass members who come to the gym to talk and sit on machines, the list goes on...

bigger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smak dat puzz
    ´
    the only problem I see in that is when iam on gear, i suddenly got the urge to get a hardon pritty eazy when a hotty goes by, so i prefer to watch my hotty at home cuz she can give bJ's on comand.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    Quote Originally Posted by bigger
    ´
    the only problem I see in that is when iam on gear, i suddenly got the urge to get a hardon pritty eazy when a hotty goes by, so i prefer to watch my hotty at home cuz she can give bJ's on comand.
    or

AG5678 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rager
    what? are you kidding me? If your serious and Juicing hard you better be at the gym. There is no way in the world ( unless you have $200,000 in home equipment) you can maximize results without the right equipment?
    totally wrong. All you need is just the basics and you can get a perf workout

AG5678

rager is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AG5678

AG5678
    Basics? what a bench , squat rack, dumbells and Barbells? who are you kidding?

Pimp_C is offline Associate Member
    I have a bowflex at home, and all it does is collect dust. I like using it to cut down, but other than that you get a MUCH BETTER WORKOUT at the gym.

bigbadbootydaddy is offline Associate Member
    I stay at home to watch my kids, so a home gym is better for me. I'm still building it up and probably will for a long time to come. So far I've gotten a bench, treadmill, heavy bag, speed bag, four diff lifting bars, dumbells from 15-80lbs (need more), and a smith machine. I do go to the gym from time to time when I can, but its just easier for me to do it at home.

Esp in the winter, I hated getting up in the cold and dark and getting into a cold car.

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    I have a pretty sweet set up in my garage but the gym remains the basis of my workout....however if im running short on time ill do what i cant do at home at the gym and then do the rest at home later that night.....or if i have an off day i might just blaze one and go out and rip forearms &abs or something

oldandgrim is offline Associate Member
    I am lucky I have had an out building purpose build, and had it kitted out with all the professional gear you find in a public gym here is what I have.
    Smiths
    Chin bar with leg rise
    sit up bench + crunch
    cable cross over
    full rack of Dumbbells from 5Kg to 100kg
    Olympic bars for curls, press , hammer, squat
    leg machine for extensions and curls
    Cross trainer for cardio
    cable pull down and seated row.

That’s it, not bragging just letting you now what is possible to do at home. Used to train in a public gym but got fed up of waiting to get on thing which screwed up my training and made it take twice as long

Invested a lot of money into my home gym but god I would not go back now.
    Last edited by oldandgrim; 08-20-2005 at 10:31 AM.

blodget2000 is offline Junior Member

AG5678

ABSOLUTELY

AG5678
    whats your opinion of the 'basics'?

TUnit is offline Associate Member

Talking

i think you get a much better workout at a gym...you get more motivation when you see someone at the gym bigger than you so you try and out do them, or when you see a hottie in some tight shorts

Thread Information